Chiang Mai'S First 500B Burger

ThePunPun

I tried but I couldn't do it...

That is eat the entire thing by myself in an hour or less....... So I know that there are some big eaters out there. I won't mention UG by name, but I did have him in the back of my mind when coming up with this thing.

Then the thought came , how about a contest to see if there is anyone out there who could wolf it down at a single sitting.

If I could get some serious suggestions, or maybe some at least half way serious about a contest to eat it, could be we could give it a try....

Chiang Mai's First 500B Burger.....

[ in true Pun Pun, pun fashion, its just a regular hamburger that we charge 500 b for]

Introducing.......

we thought about calling it the

UG or the....

Harry or the ....

Blinky..... but then thought maybe

"The Whopper Whipper "

post-108940-058538500 1279345807_thumb.j

Edited by ThePunPun

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$150 Burger from Chef Daniel Bolud`s DB Bistro Moderne/NYC. Composed of an exterior of ground sirloin with a filling of boned short ribs braised in red wine, foie gras, black truffle and a mirepoix of root vegetables. The homemade bun is topped with toasted parmesan and layered with fresh horseradish mayonnaise, tomato confit, fresh tomato and frisée lettuce.

post-84769-067769000 1279350644_thumb.jp

That video is unreal! Woh! How many calories were in one of those quadruple burgers again? That Asian guy seemed to wolf one down. SO surprised.

I can understand pigging out occasionally, but not eating food like that everyday. But actually, i dont eat meat, so when i pig out I guess its not quite so bad..hmm..maybe.

Based on that picture I dont think it would be a problem it dont look that big no bigger than a French bread stick which can easily be downed now if you do a burger like this I think I would struggle

8th_burger.jpg

can I have desert with that

The Boulud Burger with short ribs and black truffles at DB Bistro Moderne/NYC is now $32 and worth every penny.

What's up with asking for a free burger if you can eat it within an hour? Eating contests are about eating a lot and eating fast. The Nathan's hotdog eating contest is over in 15 minutes (it takes over 50 hotdogs to win). Not that I'll complain about getting a free leisurely meal. If you can cook my burger rare to medium-rare, make it as big as you want -- how about a kilo? Feel free to put plenty of onions on too, greasy or not.

lol good luck!

Could always rename it the Artery Attacker :P Death by burger lol.

Please post if anyone actually manages to get that thing down in one sitting!

It does not look as if any of the staff eat there, does it??

The Boulud Burger with short ribs and black truffles at DB Bistro Moderne/NYC is now $32 and worth every penny. What's up with asking for a free burger if you can eat it within an hour? Eating contests are about eating a lot and eating fast. The Nathan's hotdog eating contest is over in 15 minutes (it takes over 50 hotdogs to win). Not that I'll complain about getting a free leisurely meal. If you can cook my burger rare to medium-rare, make it as big as you want -- how about a kilo? Feel free to put plenty of onions on too, greasy or not.
<BR><BR><BR>el jefe..... give me your suggestion.... on how long it should take an individual to eat a ' Whopper Whipper ' in an eating contest...... I am giving this some serious thought if there would be any interest out there ...... also any rules you may think appropriate Would like it to be fair to both sides and would really like someone to work extra hard and be able to win Edited by ThePunPun

ThePunPun on 2010-07-17 17:03, said:

I tried but I couldn't do it...

That is eat the entire thing by myself in an hour....... So I know that there are some big eaters out there. I won't mention UG by name, but I did have him in the back of my mind when coming up with this thing.

What kind of scoundrel would invoke my name in this obvious plot to garner some free advertising? I hope the forum watchdogs will assign the blame squarely where it belongs.

By the way, congratulations in polishing that thing off in 15 minutes flat. Asking you to stretch it out over a whole hour would just be asking too much. :P

Edited by Ulysses G.

how much beef is in that whopper whipper? place in western virginia had a burger with 5 pounds of beef, if you could finish it all within the given time, the burger was free, and you were given a t-shirt "I done ate a Bubba's Belly Buster." i forget what i did with that shirt, or what the time limit was. i hear there's one in pennsylvania with 10 pounds of beef. i miss american food.....72 ounce steaks at interstate truck stops. can't get that in thailand.

I had the privilege of witnessing the Whopper Whipper first hand today as Gonzo was preparing one for the photo. What you might not see is there are 4 thick patties cascading the length of that fresh french bread, which are grilled with Pun Pun's signature seasonings. And that lovely foursome is nestled under bacon, cheese, and caramelized onions. On top of this you have enough pickles, lettuce and tomatoes that you can call it a burger salad (it might even be health food :lol: )

I was even allowed to partake of this rare treat, and the 1/4 I wolfed down was a meal in itself.

I think I might take Gonzo up on his offer to eat a whole one myself, just don't let the missus know, I am supposed to be cutting back.

By reading some of the comments re the size of some of these burger feasts around different parts of the world, I do feel that my appetite is not so large .

I can't fathom someone sitting down and eating , within a short period, 5 or 1o pounds of burger. WOW

My intent was/is not to have someones belly blow up, so I think the test will be on time rather than on the amount one is able to consume.

Realistically this would be very comparable to eating just short of 5 of the quarter pounders, within a time frame.

Re the Quarter pounder, I know I can eat two, possibley stuffing in a good part of the 3rd, but that would be at my limit.

Did anyone ever see one of these large eat-fests , live?

A five or 10 pound burger would be out of sight......

G

OK, UG is not a/the big eater so it would be pointless to name this monstrous burger after him. Although I would have to say that if you had a dessert with 4-5 different scoops of hand cranked ice cream, a little fresh banana (so we can call it a healthy dessert), a 1/2 piece of delicious carrot cake, a half piece of chocolate ganache cake, a few little French chocolates and some caramel you might be able to get an endorsement. It would have to be free to him, of course.

OK, UG is not a/the big eater so it would be pointless to name this monstrous burger after him. Although I would have to say that if you had a dessert with 4-5 different scoops of hand cranked ice cream, a little fresh banana (so we can call it a healthy dessert), a 1/2 piece of delicious carrot cake, a half piece of chocolate ganache cake, a few little French chocolates and some caramel you might be able to get an endorsement. It would have to be free to him, of course.

If you make a drink with a gallon of grain alcohol and a shot of tequila, getgoin might give his seal of approval too.  :D  

If you make a drink with a gallon of grain alcohol and a shot of tequila, getgoin might give his seal of approval too. :D

Sorry, never touch tequila. Also a gallon sounds like a lot. Maybe only a liter. Well, maybe a liter and a half.

If you make a drink with a gallon of grain alcohol and a shot of tequila, getgoin might give his seal of approval too. :D

Sorry, never touch tequila. Also a gallon sounds like a lot. Maybe only a liter. Well, maybe a liter and a half.

I forgot, include a free pizza.

Sorry to bust into ChiangMai, but that burger looks soooo good.

Ben & Jerry's is still making the Vermonster: 20 scoops of ice cream, 5 scoops of hot fudge sauce, 5 of chopped nuts, 5 of Reese's, 5 chocolate chip cookies, a large home-made brownie, and GOK what else. Used to be if you could finish it in a time limit, you got the second one free, presumably for your assembled friends who cheered you on. I was in a B&J's just when some guy lost it after getting maybe 2/3 of the way through. Put me off B&J's for almost an hour :lol: