Is There A Dahon Bicycle Dealer In Chiang Mai

vagabond48

Does anyone know if there is a Dahon dealer in CM?

I know of a couple of shops that display 1 model but I believe they just bought it from a "dealer?". The Cherry Bike mechanic had 1 Dahon bike and said he bought it from a "Dahon?" shop around Icon Square but he was very vague about the location. I don't speak Thai and he spoke very little English so I was unable to get clearer directions or a name. I even went to the Velocity shop not far from Icon Sq hoping they might know. The guy there said an electronic shop was selling them around Icon Square. I checked the large all purpose electronic shop on the left of Icon SQ entrance because they had a couple of small motorcycles but they don't sell any bikes.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Probike in Bangkok are importers of Dahon and they have a nationwide network. http://www.probike.co.th/dealers.php' Scroll doewn to the bottom of the page and you will find dealers in your area.

Thanks I know.

I am looking for a dealer here, if one exists. The problem is, if the shop is not a dealer and just orders from another shop like Probike, they probably won't know squat about Dahon.

Probike is the Importer and HIS dealers network are YOUR dealers.

It is up to them to train the local dealers about their products.

That's how it works in Thailand, if you like it or not.

They (Chiang Mai dealers) can not buy directly from Dahon.

Any dealer of probike or any good bicycle shop should have no problems with a Dahon.

If you don't trust them don't buy it.

You will not find a Dahon expert in any electronic shop.

...The problem is, if the shop is not a dealer and just orders from another shop like Probike, they probably won't know squat about Dahon.

what's there to know? all the piece-parts are the same as most any other bicycle.

only difference i can see is the folding frame. not much the dealer can add

other than "oh, yeah, by the way, the frame folds." maybe the specially-trained

service mechanic is taught to oil the hinges annually.