Forum Issues And Suggestions

Tywais

Since the new version of IPB (3.1.2) that we have been waiting for to correct various problems has been implemented I have closed the old topic and started a fresh one in order to easier keep track of issues.

1st off, it is advisable to do the following if you see an issue to see if it corrects it before posting here.

1. Do a CTRL + F5 to force cache renewal and reload the page. If that doesn't help then follow the below.

2. Log off Thaivisa

3. Clear your Thaivisa cookies either from your browser options or at the bottom of the forum page (Delete My Cookies).

4. Exit and restart the browser and login

5. If the above doesn't solve the problem, clear your browser cache. If a problem still shows after above and may need to wait until your ISP does a cache refresh which could take a couple of days.

6. Last but not likely an issue, clear your history.

If the above doesn't correct your problems, please report in this topic rather then starting new topics for each problem.

• Like 2

Just tried the photo gallery and still the same problem in there, no Kan see some and most of the photos:-

I see the same problem. I believe the Gallery is a separate module from the main board and may require a different update.

• Like 1

Just tried the photo gallery and still the same problem in there, no Kan see some and most of the photos:-

I see the same problem. I believe the Gallery is a separate module from the main board and may require a different update.

same problem

When using the Forum editor to reply to a topic, all of the control buttons and options that were there before are missing - such as the button for embedding Links or Images, as well as the option to change font, bold, italics, text color, etc. None of these options are displayed.

How can this be corrected? I'm using the latest version of Firefox.

I've been getting a lot of these "bad" emails lately - the wrong thread title in a "Your daily new posts digest" email:

med_gallery_35489_952_57792.jpg

Edit:

Just found another one:

med_gallery_35489_952_41601.jpg

Edited by JetsetBkk

There's an intermittent glitch that appeared since the new version upgrade. It's still there after yesterdays maintenance.

When posting a quick reply I press "post", my post vanishes, the page refreshes as the main forum page not the thread I was posting in.

It only happens intermittently and doesn't affect all threads. Last night it happened twice when I tried to post a reply in the Pattaya forum on clothing duty. I gave up trying to post a reply.

I made posts prior to and after that glitch without problem. I experienced the same a few times after the update but never experienced this on the old version.

• Like 1

There's an intermittent glitch that appeared since the new version upgrade. It's still there after yesterdays maintenance.

When posting a quick reply I press "post", my post vanishes, the page refreshes as the main forum page not the thread I was posting in.

It only happens intermittently and doesn't affect all threads. Last night it happened twice when I tried to post a reply in the Pattaya forum on clothing duty. I gave up trying to post a reply.

I made posts prior to and after that glitch without problem. I experienced the same a few times after the update but never experienced this on the old version.

Farma, whioch browser and version are you using? Please clean your browser cache and restart the browser. Could you please try with another browser and verify if this problem persist? Thanks.

I've been getting a lot of these "bad" emails lately - the wrong thread title in a "Your daily new posts digest" email:

Could you please forward these emails to me at support[at]thaivisa.com and we will investigate.

"Search limited from 2009-07-31" This is the message displayed when I try to retrieve my content. I have raised this issue around 3 weeks ago and was told by SBK that it was a known issue. The issue has not yet been resolved. I am loath to contribute further to the forum unless access to the archive is possible. Please advise when this issue will be tackled.

"Search limited from 2009-07-31" This is the message displayed when I try to retrieve my content.

If you are trying to find all your posts (content) you can do the following as shown by the below screen snapshot. Select the "search wheel" as shown by the red arrow then enter your (or any member) name in Find author and select Display Results as Posts. All your posts back to 2006 show up.

post-566-093882100 1280569360_thumb.jpg

"Search limited from 2009-07-31" This is the message displayed when I try to retrieve my content.

If you are trying to find all your posts (content) you can do the following as shown by the below screen snapshot. Select the "search wheel" as shown by the red arrow then enter your (or any member) name in Find author and select Display Results as Posts. All your posts back to 2006 show up.

Thank you.

I am NOT a fan of the new attached photo viewing system. I used to be able to right click on a thumbnail photo and open it in another tab. This would allow me stay in the current window reading while the photos loaded behind. But now I have to sit and wait for the each individual photo to load, not fun at all when dealing with the dailup like speeds offered by Thailand's ISP's. Now Google images is doing something simaler. I really hope this isn't some trend where we decrease functionality for the sake of seeming "fresh".

Change it back please!!!

My 2c.

All I get when I select the search wheel is the top half of your screen shot and don't have the option to display results as posts. Confused..?.

All I get when I select the search wheel is the top half of your screen shot and don't have the option to display results as posts. Confused..?.

There is a row of options, Help files, Members, Forums, etc. Be sure you select "Forums" as that is where your content will be. The other options will not show the Display Results option.

• 3 weeks later...

It is still a pain in the xss clicking on photos that are posted in TV and not reduced to 800 x 600.

Would it be too difficult to change the system so that when I use "Click to Attach Files" the system automaticly reduce the files to 800 x 600 when they are saved in your system?

Best Regards

B):DB)

Can you take away the "Promote to article" button on every post.

Obviously only Mods and Admin can do that.

I thought first that this was for suggesting mods to promote this, but it's not.

Error msg:

[#10CCS6] You do not have permission to promote posts to articles.

Edited by PoorSucker

Dunno if anyone has asked this already -- Is there a way to disable "page preview" on the New Content pages?

Because as my cursor scrolls down the page, as it crosses each new content thread, that page preview thingy changes the number of lines in the thread title box, thereby making that row change from (typically) 2 lines to 3. It makes it hard to track down the page.

So is it possible for me to disable this?

Thank you.

I`m having problems , after reading posts and wishing to reply , I get to the bottom of a post and see an on screen notice saying ` you cannot reply to this post or start a new topic ` to cicumvent this I have to sign in again , and am the able to post , Already today I`ve signed in about 4/5 times just to be able to participate and add replies . HELP needed to overcome this tedious `pain in the arse` situation .

I`m having problems , after reading posts and wishing to reply , I get to the bottom of a post and see an on screen notice saying ` you cannot reply to this post or start a new topic ` to cicumvent this I have to sign in again , and am the able to post , Already today I`ve signed in about 4/5 times just to be able to participate and add replies . HELP needed to overcome this tedious `pain in the arse` situation .

This sounds like the "login" problem. I had it until recently.

Try to delete every Thaivisa cookie you can find. They are in your browser and in your cookies folder. Delete them all because it is probably the old ones, from the previous forum software, that is causing this.

I haven't had to log in for several days now after deleting them all. I had to log in once, of course, and then the cookies were refreshed automatically.

Also, you now have to log in once every 7 days, according to George, so I guess the new cookies "expire" after 7 days.

Also, you now have to log in once every 7 days, according to George, so I guess the new cookies "expire" after 7 days.

My understanding is that is only if you have not logged in at anytime within 7 days as the cookies get refreshed with the time when you connect. I've not had to log in for a few weeks now since the cookie upgrade. For those having the login problem, use JsetsetBkk's suggestion or read the first post in this topic.

Just for information, those are the cookies planted by TV under the new software (as far as I could find out):

post-3742-097299600 1283067315_thumb.jpg

Only two of them expire within next week, some expire when browser is closed and most in 1+ year(s).

opalhort

My understanding is that is only if you have not logged in at anytime within 7 days as the cookies get refreshed with the time when you connect. I've not had to log in for a few weeks now since the cookie upgrade. For those having the login problem, use JsetsetBkk's suggestion or read the first post in this topic.

Hi There , I`ve tried JsetsetBkk`s sugestion , and NADA, even to post this , I first got an on screen error message , and then signed in again just to be able to do this post , Its doing my ed in !:annoyed:

[

Hi There , I`ve tried JsetsetBkk`s sugestion , and NADA, even to post this , I first got an on screen error message , and then signed in again just to be able to do this post , Its doing my ed in !:annoyed:

Could you please try login with another browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and report back if the issue still exist.