Sizzler Restaurant Pattaya Garden Royal

guzzi850m2

I invited my wife there for her birthday as I thought the place was good. I ordered a New York steak (600 bath) and the missus ordered a smaller steak (forgot the name) to 399 bath.

We both started with the salad bar (incl. in the price for my choice), which was fairly good with a delicious blue cheese dressing. When the steaks arrived I was shocked, mine was a very thin small piece of meat and the missuses was a good thick size but so small you could scuff it inside an empty egg shell without destroying the shell. Both steaks was far from tender, but needed some cutting and chewing before they went down. They are according to the menu imported, but they don't say from where.

Having been living here a while, I must say that I am very disappointed, as I had steaks here to around 300 bath that was better than this.

Best steaks I had here is in the Diana Inn small covered soi very close to the hotel in same name, and they cost around 600 bath too in 2-3 restaurants located there.

Needles to say that we will never go to Sizzler's again, anywhere in the world. Maybe other things on the menu are better?

You should have known better than to expect good steaks at the Sizzler for any price. Now you know. Stick with the salad bar only or the 169 processed Teriyaki chicken. People go for the salad bar.

yeah, that's what I always do. going for the salad bar plus Pasta.

and then get a "chicken terriyaki steak" as an extra.

not the worst value at 169 baht (don't forget to mention the free desserts).

to be fair, there are some better Sizzler's around the country, the one in KAT SUAN KAEW in CM I always found quite good.

but the one in PTY's Royal Garden Plaza is probably the worst of the gang......

if you primarily go for a steak, don't go to Sizzler...... if go for a nice and fresh salad, GO GO GO to Sizzler ^^

Shown is the breaded fish deal, also 169 baht includes the salad bar. I think the fish is very greasy though. If you want a food memory of fish sticks, that's what it's like, not a fish and chips kind of taste.

The Sizzler in Chiang Mai Airport Plaza has aged Australian beef and is excellent as is the salad bar! I guess it depends who manages it?

the 'steaks' at Sizzler in the States are atrocious as well in my experience.

While i agree with you, they are probably better than the best that I've ever had in Thailand.

Yeah the US sizzler steaks I remember were kind of mid-level. Not bad, not great. Food for the lower and middle middle class and cheap prices.

Im sure that pork thing they serve up is synthetic :huh:, my advice order the cheapest thing on the menu and pig out on the salad bar,. oh and i like the cheesy toast, why dont the thais eat it ?

You can always just order the salad bar. Funny about the toast. I tasted in once and that was it. Won't eat it.

the 'steaks' at Sizzler in the States are atrocious as well in my experience.

While i agree with you, they are probably better than the best that I've ever had in Thailand.

Yeah the US sizzler steaks I remember were kind of mid-level. Not bad, not great. Food for the lower and middle middle class and cheap prices.

Sizzler is a cut-rate C grade "steak"house anywhere. I had a buddy who worked at one as a cook in the US when we were in HS; he thought it sucked. Best steak I've had in Thailand is in BKK on Sukhumvit Soi 23 at a place called Queen Victoria's; just down the street from Soi Cowboy. Rib-eye is the best they serve IMO. Prices and decor aren't bad either; owner spent some bucks putting the place together. All Aussie beef and the cooks actually know the difference between medium and medium rare. Most steak places in Thailand only know how to cook medium to well done; I think it's a Thai thing.

As I am not a steak person I ordered some chicken fillet thing last time I was in Sizzler. It was the worst piece of "food" I have ever come across. It was definitely not a piece of chicken, more like some molded industrial plastic material. Its very rare that I fail to eat something but had to pass on that one.

Pity as the salad bar is very good.

As I am not a steak person I ordered some chicken fillet thing last time I was in Sizzler. It was the worst piece of "food" I have ever come across. It was definitely not a piece of chicken, more like some molded industrial plastic material. Its very rare that I fail to eat something but had to pass on that one.

You're right, it is very processed and not good food. I get it mostly for the baked potato that I do like, and the chicken plate only costs nominally more than the salad bar only. It's a shame they can't offer something more "real' for their promotion priced items, but they are a profit business so I guess this is working for their bottom line.

You're right, it is very processed and not good food. I get it mostly for the baked potato that I do like, and the chicken plate only costs nominally more than the salad bar only. It's a shame they can't offer something more "real' for their promotion priced items, but they are a profit business so I guess this is working for their bottom line.

Same here just go for the salad and soup with the wife and pay the 20 baht extra to get the baked potato,

Never been in a Sizzler in my life but I was told in my first week here that the only good thing in Sizzler is ther salads, which is why I never went there.

Yeah I resisted for a very long time until recently because how good could a chain place like Sizzler be? Well, if you are looking for a salad bar in Thailand, it's hard to beat for the price anyway. I don't think much of their soups on the bar though, very bland. Like many, its the blue cheese dressing that sucked me in; it's now a regular place on the rotation.