2011 Nouvo

2long

I'm in the market for a new Nouvo in the next few weeks and have pretty much decided on the shop, the colour and mag wheels. However, if there is any news of better spec (fuel injection, for example) then I may be tempted to wait.

I was at a factory dealer here in Chiang Mai just a month ago as the new Nouvo models were being delivered. For July, they said, I could have a 3,000 baht discount for the 2010 models. But not the new 2011 Nouvo's - which also do NOT have fuel injection.

So it is possible that fuel injection for the Nouvo's will be a year away - or more? And it appears, here, that the models do not have it now. Incidentally, we up north here are asked to pay more in the first place than the suggested "list" price, so the promotion does not add up to much when set against the asking price in BKK.

Best of luck,

Hello 2long and others,

I bought a 2009 new Nouvo in 2008. It's been a great bike. I enjoy daily.

About color schemes: in 2010 Yamaha added some funky decals in the front.

When first saw the 2010 I was happy I bought a 2009.

Anyway, a lad from PH gym ( you out there Khun B from New Zealand?) bought a 2010 blue

with mags and tubeless tires. He had all stickers removed and the

mag wheels powered coated in black, it looks great.

I look forward to the 2011 too to check out.

I was at a factory dealer here in Chiang Mai just a month ago as the new Nouvo models were being delivered. For July, they said, I could have a 3,000 baht discount for the 2010 models. But not the new 2011 Nouvo's - which also do NOT have fuel injection.

So it is possible that fuel injection for the Nouvo's will be a year away - or more? And it appears, here, that the models do not have it now. Incidentally, we up north here are asked to pay more in the first place than the suggested "list" price, so the promotion does not add up to much when set against the asking price in BKK.

Best of luck,

Hello CMX,

Which Yamaha store is the "factory store?" Thanks in advance

Buy a Lifan LF250T-6B and take the highest mountains in the north as if they were not there. 250cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled 4-stroke engine with CVT not any scooter in the same price class even gets near you on overall performance, acceleration or relaxed cruising at highway speeds.

off course they do.... every bike currently sold can use E20 (whether they can or not) the manufacturers can pay less tax that way :whistling::rolleyes:

While E10 in most engines provide same power and milage as petrol(or at least its hard to measure the difference), there is a signifcant reduced power and milage with E20. So why would anyone use it? Less power and more baht pr km.

Just as a slight aside question, when do new models usually start coming out in Thailand? I'll be getting there around the first of March 2011 and might be willing to just rent if they come out by June or July. CMX's post (#2) seemed to indicate that it was in July. Is that the usual time?

Thanks

You're right. But as not much people use it, it's often the only pump you not need to wait for. And for a moobaan mobile I can careless about the actual millage...

and here in Phuket E20 is not available at all. Forunately. It is aggressive, even if LOS manufactorers say their bikes/vehicles can handle it (for reduced tax reasons)

Edit. Its od to see how Ford claims their 2,0 145 hp 4 pot can use E20 in LOS, while Volvo is honest enough to limit it to E10 for their identical engine in V50/S50 in LOS. An engine developed by Yamaha BTW, as is Volvos V8.

Even more od as the manufactorer with most experience on E85 in LOS is just, yepp Volvo.

Edited by katabeachbum

You're right. But as not much people use it, it's often the only pump you not need to wait for. And for a moobaan mobile I can careless about the actual millage...

and here in Phuket E20 is not available at all. Forunately. It is aggressive, even if LOS manufactorers say their bikes/vehicles can handle it (for reduced tax reasons)

Edit. Its od to see how Ford claims their 2,0 145 hp 4 pot can use E20 in LOS, while Volvo is honest enough to limit it to E10 for their identical engine in V50/S50 in LOS. An engine developed by Yamaha BTW, as is Volvos V8.

Even more od as the manufactorer with most experience on E85 in LOS is just, yepp Volvo.

Hmm I'm pretty sure that I have seen an few papers about a 110cc Honda engine which can run on E85. The fueling system basically detects in the fuel-tank the amount of ethanol and adjusts the engine. The whole thing seems to be a advanced version of, the Titan 150cc, an motorcycle developed with close development work between Honda Brazil and Thailand.

Also I know of Honda working on a Two-Stroke engine which can run nearly 100% Ethanol... The principals of the engine is not exactly a two-stroke, as lubrication is not done by mixing oil to the fuel. Honda seemed to found a way to lubricate the piston by small perforations around the side of the piston, the high-speed movement and sudden-stop of the piston create enough pressure to push the oil between piston and cylinder wall. According to Honda researchers, a two-stroke design is the only way to create powerful enough small sized combustion engines.

Edited by Richard-BKK

Hmm I'm pretty sure that I have seen an few papers about a 110cc Honda engine which can run on E85. The fueling system basically detects in the fuel-tank the amount of ethanol and adjusts the engine. The whole thing seems to be a advanced version of, the Titan 150cc, an motorcycle developed with close development work between Honda Brazil and Thailand.

Also I know of Honda working on a Two-Stroke engine which can run nearly 100% Ethanol... The principals of the engine is not exactly a two-stroke, as lubrication is not done by mixing oil to the fuel. Honda seemed to found a way to lubricate the piston by small perforations around the side of the piston, the high-speed movement and sudden-stop of the piston create enough pressure to push the oil between piston and cylinder wall. According to Honda researchers, a two-stroke design is the only way to create powerful enough small sized combustion engines.

In Brazil without doubt most vehicles can run E20-E85 since they introduced it 4 decads ago, and at that time they all had carbs and in Brazil still most had carbs 10 years ago.

Here in LOS E10 was introduced few years ago, and most 5 year old cant even handle E10 without premature damages

In Brazil without doubt most vehicles can run E20-E85 since they introduced it 4 decads ago, and at that time they all had carbs and in Brazil still most had carbs 10 years ago.

Here in LOS E10 was introduced few years ago, and most 5 year old cant even handle E10 without premature damages

Believe it or not, but it all has to do with the amount and quality of corn (yes the stuff we like to eat), in Thailand, and whole Asia actually, a lot less is used to make plastic. While in the Americas they seemed much more generous with the stuff they extracted out of the corn.

So the reason why in Thailand they cannot used too much ethanol is because they like to eat to much popcorn and production of corn stayed behind on the market needs...

And back to the 2011 Nouvo (#2).......

Ok 2long part 2,

When you purchase your new Nouvo 2011 buy the tubeless tires. One nice thing about the tubeless tires I discovered is I was able to ride

on the flat a ways. Not recommented but it can be done.

Genericnic -

As I had mentioned, "2011" Yamahas, some models at least, have been released. (Nouvos, of course, can be Elegance 135 or the smaller MX). We all look forward to the BKK motorcycle show - March as I recall, but many manufacturers have international production schedules and different models are released at different times. Makes us pretty puzzled, and last year a lot of visitors there had little news to report.

RichardBKK often has a heads-up and if you google motorcycles in thailand and check prices and so forth, you'll find a lot of what's up. It is difficult though to keep anything up to date as it is a lot of work and new models are popping up all the time. Even dealers here in Thailand are not necessarily fully informed.

Genericnic -

As I had mentioned, "2011" Yamahas, some models at least, have been released. (Nouvos, of course, can be Elegance 135 or the smaller MX). We all look forward to the BKK motorcycle show - March as I recall, but many manufacturers have international production schedules and different models are released at different times. Makes us pretty puzzled, and last year a lot of visitors there had little news to report.

RichardBKK often has a heads-up and if you google motorcycles in thailand and check prices and so forth, you'll find a lot of what's up. It is difficult though to keep anything up to date as it is a lot of work and new models are popping up all the time. Even dealers here in Thailand are not necessarily fully informed.

Thanks CMX. Very helpful.