If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

In my (very) young days, I was on leave from ship (Merchant Navy) when I met a group of guys down in London while visiting a brother who lived in a squat. (Great life I've led at times whistling.gif ). Brother took me to a place called The Mountain Grill. A seedy place off Ladbroke grove / Westbourne Park road area near the squat.

These guys were so hard up they could not afford a cup of tea. I bought them a cuppa each and one tried to sell me his double Bass guitar - me, how I wish I had bought it.... but I was a poor teenage Merchant seaman.

They named one album after this cafe.

Yeah, Hawkwind. One of my all time favourite bands. Last time I saw them live was when they played the then new album Space Bandits at a small venue near me.

Space Ritual is on my all time greatest album list. I still have the double vinyl LP but nothing to play it on, sadly.

I've been listening to a few pages of this thread and really enjoyed these Hawkwind blowbacks from rgs and WhamBam.

I'll add one.

Edited by Yeesip Sam

But I was surprised to see that there were no entries celebrating Paddys Day. No big beards or big jumpers to be seen.

So here are a couple of tunes.

The first, referring to Ireland, written by an English couple, sung by a Scotsman.

Another, sung by an Irishman, concerning Ireland, referring to...cider.

Happy St Patricks Day! (Delayed).

Slainte!

Edited by Yeesip Sam