Can Anyone Kindly Assist Me

hi, can anyone pls kindly brief me more info. i have been staying in chiangmai for a period of 2 and a half months. my visa on arrival to thai have given me 30 days and i have been to MAE SAI for the visa run for 3 times so a total of 45 days was given to me. i have heard of the max number of times for doing the visa run to mae sai was 3 times and cannot exceed 3 times and the max period to stay in the kingdom is 3 months. so currently i have been staying in the kingdom for 2 and a half month and i would like to extend for another 15 days, could anyone kindly brief me what should i do ? can i go to the immg to pay the $1900 bahtt and extend for another 7 days despite that i have already been to mae sai extension fdor 45 days ?

There is no limit of 3 months and it is unlikely any crossing will limit you to 3 entries but after that point you could be questioned to determine you are not working illegally.

Why not just travel up to Laos for a free tourist visa

Can be done in two days and you can stay for 60

then extend for another 30 at immigration

:blink:

At one time there was a 3 visa in a row thing, but that is no longer in effect. Yes you can do what you said...but just be prepared for the question, "Are you working in Thailand? How are you supporting yourself in Thailand?". The more extensions and new tourist visas you get, the more likely this question is to be asked...because the immigration is thinking you might be trying to work in Thailand...and staying in Thailand on tourist visas. (illegal)

Here's a suggestion. A 60 day tourist visa is currently free of charge (to promote tourisim). If you can finance the trip why don't you go to Vientianne, Laos. Expect two days there, so plan on a hotel. It isn't expensive. Get a 60 day tourist visa free of charge at the Thai consulate there. That can be extended in Thailand for 30 days. That will probably eliminate any "Are you working in Thailand?" questions. You can get a 90 day stay (60 tourist visa plus 30 day extension)at minimum cost...and spend a couple days looking around Vientianne, Laos also. (Drink a beer and watch the river flow by).

Expect a two day stay minimum, because you have to hand in your passport the first morning, and pick it up with the visa the next afternoon. Just be sure to avoid any Thai holidays or Laotian holidays when the consulate would be closed. You can find a list of holidays on the Thai consulate in Vientianne's website.

It is currently about the cheapest way to get 90 days more in Thailand.

Of course, Canbodia and Malaysia are also possible for a 60 day tourist visa. But from Chiang Mai, a quick trip to Laos is probably the cheapest trip.

:lol:

Edited by IMA_FARANG

:blink:

At one time there was a 3 visa in a row thing, but that is no longer in effect. Yes you can do what you said...but just be prepared for the question, "Are you working in Thailand? How are you supporting yourself in Thailand?". The more extensions and new tourist visas you get, the more likely this question is to be asked...because the immigration is thinking you might be trying to work in Thailand...and staying in Thailand on tourist visas. (illegal)

Here's a suggestion. A 60 day tourist visa is currently free of charge (to promote tourisim). If you can finance the trip why don't you go to Vientianne, Laos. Expect two days there, so plan on a hotel. It isn't expensive. Get a 60 day tourist visa free of charge at the Thai consulate there. That can be extended in Thailand for 30 days. That will probably eliminate any "Are you working in Thailand?" questions. You can get a 90 day stay (60 tourist visa plus 30 day extension)at minimum cost...and spend a couple days looking around Vientianne, Laos also. (Drink a beer and watch the river flow by).

Expect a two day stay minimum, because you have to hand in your passport the first morning, and pick it up with the visa the next afternoon. Just be sure to avoid any Thai holidays or Laotian holidays when the consulate would be closed. You can find a list of holidays on the Thai consulate in Vientianne's website.

It is currently about the cheapest way to get 90 days more in Thailand.

Of course, Canbodia and Malaysia are also possible for a 60 day tourist visa. But from Chiang Mai, a quick trip to Laos is probably the cheapest trip.

:lol:

It surely is alot more F U N and exciting to go to the border of thailand and malaysia

to renew your visa at SAR-Daow, or Bay-Tong or ParDung BaySar....

Going to Kuala Lumpur costed me 5000 baht on transport (plane) and staying there for 3 days (arrive, request visa, pickup visa and return) costed me around 1000 - 2000 baht.

New Visa for 60 days + possible to extend it in thailand for another 30.

I feel that alot of people may be missing a very clear fact

You say you have done "3 visa runs for a total of 45 days" to me this means each trip you got 15 days

In other words you don't have a visa, your getting a visiting stamp, and before someone replies.. like a know it all... And says that those stamps are 30 days, let me remind them that your nationality matters, and we do not know this persons.

In other words you have no visa to extend.

(Look in your passport and see if you have a full page sticker, nice and pretty, if you only have stamps, then you have no visa

NO TOURIST VISAS DO NOT COME AS STAMPS, ONLY THE ONE YEARS --- NON-B / NON-O..... For the next know it all

Cheers,

-Darkrose

Edit Note:

My thread posted with alot of HTML code - weird

Edited by Darkrose

Visa exempt entry by land is 15 days with very few exceptions but that has nothing to do with an application for extension of stay which results in a negative decision but allows you to remain 7 days. You never extend a visa - you extend your permitted to stay until date.

And your shouting is also wrong as tourist visas can be both stamps or stickers depending on where issued.