Reputation Feature

dantilley

I was wondering about this feature too ...i saw it being used from others as some posts where voted up (or down) ...then i tried to do it on some very good post (to vote up) and got this in return"Action failed: You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day" ...this is the first time i tried it today (or ever) ...does this feature require a certain amount of posts to be activated?

thanks,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

• Like 2

The daily quota per member is:

Plus votes: 20

Minus votes: 2

Hide posters: Threshold can be set at a link located at the bottom of last post in each thread.

@Tigersachsclub: Try again, it will work for Sponsors group now.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply George - any thoughts on being able to sort the members list by reputation ascending / descending?

Yes, we expect this to be added in the next forum software upgrade. Within one or two months is my best guess.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The daily quota per member is:

Plus votes: 20

Minus votes: 2

Hide posters: Threshold can be set at a link located at the bottom of last post in each thread.

@Tigersachsclub: Try again, it will work for Sponsors group now.

Issue: I see another post where an upgrade will be made to the reputation feature. Hopefully, the upgrade will prevent members from using their 2 minus votes daily quota over and over on the same post. That is, voting a minus twice in one day on a post, then coming back the next day and voting a minus twice on the same post, and this process just continues until the negative voting member cools off. But the only one hurt was the original poster due to one or two members repeatedly voting minus on the same post over-and-over, day-after-day even through there are no or few minus votes from other members. I see this happening on various topics/posts.

Recommendation: if a member votes a minus on a particular post, then that member should not be able to vote again on the same post, as it can greatly skews how the majority of folks feel about a post and skews the poster's reputation. Let a member vote "once" on a post and that is it....one vote, one person. Cheers.

Recommendation: if a member votes a minus on a particular post, then that member should not be able to vote again on the same post

That's how it works currently. You can onlty vote once (negative or positive) on a post, after that the buttons disappear.

• Like 2

I'll look again...it sure look like certain member's were voting negative (or positive) over and over on the same post; maybe it was they were voting negative repeatedly on other posts in the same topic and then came back the next day and voted negative on some new posts in the same topic. Thanks and Cheers.

I'll look again...it sure look like certain member's were voting negative (or positive) over and over on the same post; maybe it was they were voting negative repeatedly on other posts in the same topic and then came back the next day and voted negative on some new posts in the same topic. Thanks and Cheers.

To see who has voted for a particular post just click on the red or green box at the bottom of the post.

• Like 1

Recommendation: if a member votes a minus on a particular post, then that member should not be able to vote again on the same post

That's how it works currently. You can only vote once (negative or positive) on a post, after that the buttons disappear.

After taking another look at some of the topics/posts where there were a high number of minus votes by certain members, it does appear they were probably voting minus on different posts within the topic. Plus, I looked where I had left positive feedback on other topics/posts and my buttons had disappeared on those particular posts. Summary: thanks for straightening me out....good fourm support....and I need all the support I can get! :) Cheers.