90 Day Reporting

I don't really understand all these different visa situations. I have had my multiple entry visa converted to a 1-year extension, so have to report every 90 days to local Immigration. Is this the same thing as a Retirement Visa? I have a house, the required money in the bank, etc. , approved by the Immigration office. Do I have to get 1-year extensions every year and report to Immigration every 90 days for the rest of my life? And what about my aged mother who will soon be too poorly to travel to the immigration office for 90-day reporting - how does she remain legally in the country? Surely there must be other farangs out there who cannot physically make a journey to their local Immigration office.

You can do by mail or have another person do for you. When it comes to being unable to do the yearly extension itself arrangements will likely be made by the office at a one-on-one level with mother or you as her representative.

If you are using 800k/65k you would be on what is called a one year extension of stay for retirement. Yes you must renew every year and report address every 90 days.

-

Thank you every answers.

Little bit surprise me. I thought if I have Non-O 1 year visa I can stay in Thailand for 1 year.

If you have a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa you have as many entries as you want for a year. Each entry has a maximum of 90 days.

Make an entry just befor the Visa expires and you will get another 90 days making a total of 15 months.

Thanks. My last question (I hope :) ): After the 90 days can't go to immigration office and asking stamp for 90 days again? Like the do with tourist visa (1900 thb, maybe).

No you can not do that - a multi entry visa requires you enter another country and return for a new 90 day stay. And you can not obtain more than a 30 day extension on a tourist visa entry - for a non immigrant visa entry it would be 7 days unless you qualified under other extension of stay provisions of Police Order 777/2551

If you leave the country before the 90 days, the 90 days resets on the day you return to Thailand, no matter what the date says in the paper slip they will attach to your passport when you report.

But before you leave - get a multiple reentry permit Form TM8. If you don't you will void your 1 year visa on exit!!!

No, that is for extension only.

You visit an Immigration office during the last 30 days of any entry with proof of 800k in Thai bank account 2 months or 65k per month income or a combination to meet 800k and fill out a TM.7 form/attach 4x6cm photo and pay 1,900 baht. Normal photo copies of passport/arrival card and perhaps proof of abode. Very easy process.

Could I ask further questions here to clarify things for my first visit soon.Do you need a Medical Report and Police check also to take with you.( I m from UK on Non Imm 0 multi entry). Thanks Guys.

It would appear , like many government departments here that requirements vary from office to office.

here in Kanchanaburi I needed a medical certificate before I could get my retirement extension ( 40 baht and takes about 30 seconds at a local clinic)

Also I returned to my home country about one month into a 90 day period, I returned about 1 month later, and, being unsure as to which date to report (the date on the form given to me at immigration, or a new date 90 dats after my return to Thailand):

I was told that the date on the form, 90 days after my last reporting, was the one which should be used.

I do wish that such important details were standardised at some central department and then sent to all offices nationwide.

Sorry if I have caused more confusion, just throwing in my 5 pence worth.

If you leave the country before the 90 days, the 90 days resets on the day you return to Thailand, no matter what the date says in the paper slip they will attach to your passport when you report.

But if you leave the country you should first go to immigration and get a re entry visa that is if you do not already posses a multiple re entry visa, The cost for single re entry around a 1000 baht,

You visit an Immigration office during the last 30 days of any entry with proof of 800k in Thai bank account 2 months or 65k per month income or a combination to meet 800k and fill out a TM.7 form/attach 4x6cm photo and pay 1,900 baht. Normal photo copies of passport/arrival card and perhaps proof of abode. Very easy process.

Could I ask further questions here to clarify things for my first visit soon.Do you need a Medical Report and Police check also to take with you.( I m from UK on Non Imm 0 multi entry). Thanks Guys.

On applying for a retirement visa you will need a pokice report from country of origin and it must be presented within 30 days of issue, your medical cert can be obtained here

On applying for a retirement visa you will need a pokice report from country of origin and it must be presented within 30 days of issue, your medical cert can be obtained here

That's for the O-A for those getting that type from their home country. Those starting in Thailand with retirement extensions don't need the police or medical report (with some provincial exceptions for the medical report). Don't bother getting something you don't need! Cheers.

Only when you apply for an O-A-visa must one supply a police record and medical certificate. For an extension of stay those are not required.