Tuskers For Sale

uptheos

I notice in City Life online that Chas has put Tuskers up for sale.

I'm not a regular at Tuskers, but I am aware that Chas has tried his hardest to make it into a place where people can gather and feel comfortable, as well as putting on some very good specials around sporting events.

Obviously Chas has his personal reasons for selling and I wish him the very best of luck with his sale and for his future. :)

Chas and Rachel have just announced they are to become parents in March (many congratulations!) and I would be surprised if that wasn't an important part of their thinking at this time. The hours in the hospitality business don't sit easily with family life and if it were be it would be the last occupation I'd choose with a baby in the house. Tuskers has always been reliable in its welcome and atmosphere and I'd imagine that whoever takes it on will have a good base of regulars to count on.

Chas and Rachel have just announced they are to become parents in March (many congratulations!) and I would be surprised if that wasn't an important part of their thinking at this time. The hours in the hospitality business don't sit easily with family life and if it were be it would be the last occupation I'd choose with a baby in the house. Tuskers has always been reliable in its welcome and atmosphere and I'd imagine that whoever takes it on will have a good base of regulars to count on.

I know that the reason for putting the biz up for sale is not due to the economy, its as you say, because of the impending arrival of a baby. Chas and Rachel wish to be "present" in the life of their child...and who can blame them for that? Working the long hours that the hospitality trade involves is not really conducive to raising a family :ermm:

The good news is that they won't be leaving Chiang Mai :)

Good luck to them and also to whoever buys the biz, they have worked long and hard to establish it as one of the top pubs in CM IMHO

No justice in this world.

Good joints close down and the ordinary survive... beyond me!

It is NOT closing down

It is up for sale as a going concern.

I am closing this thread now as the reasons for the sale are only the business of the owners and I have removed a couple of posts as they were just conjecture

///CLOSED///

Edited by ThaiPauly