Fair Propeties

ciaociao

I know the office on Thappraya road closed but not sure if the office inside talay building has closed. <BR><BR>But sure, Plus Property have closed their doors in Pattaya. The manager was pathetic. <BR>Colliers International took over the office. Now we may see a professional company at work. <BR><BR>And what about EXOTIQ on 3rd road. I heard they had closed also. <BR><BR>It would be interesting to make a list of the agents, or shall I say, so called property agents that have closed their doors. <BR>Maybe even list Foreign or Thai. I think it's time for a shake up in this industry. It happen in 1997 -2001, a hel_l of a lot went.

I know the office on Thappraya road closed but not sure if the office inside talay building has closed. <BR><BR>But sure, Plus Property have closed their doors in Pattaya. The manager was pathetic. <BR>Colliers International took over the office. Now we may see a professional company at work. <BR><BR>And what about EXOTIQ on 3rd road. I heard they had closed also. <BR><BR>It would be interesting to make a list of the agents, or shall I say, so called property agents that have closed their doors. <BR>Maybe even list Foreign or Thai. I think it's time for a shake up in this industry. It happen in 1997 -2001, a hel_l of a lot went.

The list of new agents opening there doors would be a far longer list than the ones closing, still see new agents appearing at an alarming pace!!

I remember when I was shopping around last year I sent several inquiries to them...after being told that 90% of the properties I asked about were no longer available, I gave up. Their website is totally misleading...and a waste of time...

I remember when I was shopping around last year I sent several inquiries to them...after being told that 90% of the properties I asked about were no longer available, I gave up. Their website is totally misleading...and a waste of time...

Are we still talking about Fair Properties??

Nope sir, EXOTIQ is still up and running! I just asked the CEO about it!

Are we still talking about Fair Properties??

Yes, this is the website I used...both for my initial rental as well as my ultimate house purchase:

I tried to get information about rentals on their website, then when I went into the shop in VT1, they said this one is unavailable or cannot contact the owner,then they'd show me some other flats,

not very well run if you ask me

Not sure if "officially," but I rode by there a few weeks back and the doors were chained shut.

TheWalkingMan

I could be completely wrong BUT......Not just closed ...On the run from disgruntled owners who they owe a lot of money to.

I know one estate agent who has taken on a lot of property (70 units) that were on Fairproperties books and they told me that property owners were at the VT1B office with the police to make sure they got money out of them...

I am surprised this thread has not drawn more interest or been mentioned before now. (if there is another post - sorry I missed it)

Before any one jumps all over my post - I am only quoting what I have been told - I used Fairproperties myself for over 2 years before I fell out with them over an electric bill that was obviously wrong (4 times what I paid normally) and they were not prepared to rectify the problem. So I voted with my feet and never went back.

I did however see their large spacious office on the ground floor of VT1B has been abandoned and it looks like they left in a hurry...........:ph34r:

Edited by lonewolf99

This is a new slant on selling property here in Pattaya one enterprising agent has dreamed up. In the last week or so,you give them 15000 for selling your house up front just for the privilege of them trying to shift it,television is the breakthrough,but afraid its Pattaya TV channel,so nobody is going to view that any time soon

Admitting it was against a quiet market (personally I'd call it deader than the Dodo) they admit a 25% strike rate with selling one property (details withheld).

All this agent talk should be matched by a polygraph test. I am kitting myself out with one and for 15000 Baht I can match the moment of truth ,PM if any further details required

This is a new slant on selling property here in Pattaya one enterprising agent has dreamed up. In the last week or so,you give them 15000 for selling your house up front just for the privilege of them trying to shift it,television is the breakthrough,but afraid its Pattaya TV channel,so nobody is going to view that any time soon

Admitting it was against a quiet market (personally I'd call it deader than the Dodo) they admit a 25% strike rate with selling one property (details withheld).

All this agent talk should be matched by a polygraph test. I am kitting myself out with one and for 15000 Baht I can match the moment of truth ,PM if any further details required

And there lies the problem with all Pattaya real estate agents - they advertise to Pattaya, anyone that lives here will know how to find a property if they want one - and it will very rarely be through a real estate agent.

If any of the local realtors were remotely serious then they would spend 99% of their advertising budget overseas, not on some piss poor tv channel that very few people watch!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if "officially," but I rode by there a few weeks back and the doors were chained shut.

TheWalkingMan

I could be completely wrong BUT......Not just closed ...On the run from disgruntled owners who they owe a lot of money to.

I know one estate agent who has taken on a lot of property (70 units) that were on Fairproperties books and they told me that property owners were at the VT1B office with the police to make sure they got money out of them...

I am surprised this thread has not drawn more interest or been mentioned before now. (if there is another post - sorry I missed it)

Before any one jumps all over my post - I am only quoting what I have been told - I used Fairproperties myself for over 2 years before I fell out with them over an electric bill that was obviously wrong (4 times what I paid normally) and they were not prepared to rectify the problem. So I voted with my feet and never went back.

I did however see their large spacious office on the ground floor of VT1B has been abandoned and it looks like they left in a hurry...........:ph34r:

Your completely right...

I enquired about several properties advertised on Fair Properties website, got responses from them - this was back in August.

When i arrived in Thailand to visit the office, it was completely empty and nobody to be seen.

It wasn't until i got in tow with another estate agent i was informed that the owner had 'done a runner' while in debt to many people.

I now use;

Delight Real Estate Co ltd.

Thappraya road.

038-251 415

A nice Dutch lady called Anne-Marie runs the business, and she found me a house in the first day i visited. Excellent service.

Hope this helps.

TheWalkingMan

Your completely right...

I enquired about several properties advertised on Fair Properties website, got responses from them - this was back in August.

When i arrived in Thailand to visit the office, it was completely empty and nobody to be seen.

It wasn't until i got in tow with another estate agent i was informed that the owner had 'done a runner' while in debt to many people.

I now use;

Delight Real Estate Co ltd.

Thappraya road.

038-251 415

A nice Dutch lady called Anne-Marie runs the business, and she found me a house in the first day i visited. Excellent service.

Hope this helps.

Well that's what I call an exellent job.................................with only 3/4 of pattaya for sale or for rent.:whistling:

Well that's what I call an exellent job.................................with only 3/4 of pattaya for sale or for rent.:whistling:

I doubt 3/4's is the right number...but a lot for sure. If an agent can find what you are looking for so fast, they spent some time understanding your needs and financial situation and did a good job. Not wasting your time showing you stuff that wasn't of interest.

This thread is almost identical to one well over a year ago I am sure this all sounds very familiar about Fair Property & even the person who got ripped on Electricity.

If I am wrong , I stand corrected

This thread is almost identical to one well over a year ago I am sure this all sounds very familiar about Fair Property & even the person who got ripped on Electricity.

If I am wrong , I stand corrected

They shut up the shops at the end of last 'high season' leaving some, including me, out of pocket. If they are still trading in any way DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY!

I doubt 3/4's is the right number...but a lot for sure. If an agent can find what you are looking for so fast, they spent some time understanding your needs and financial situation and did a good job. Not wasting your time showing you stuff that wasn't of interest.

EXACTLY......