Female Dairy Goat Kids Available

goatfarmer

just so i can ooh and aah... can u post some pics of babes and moms. i love nubians. btw, how do they do in thailand? foot rot, milk production, feed , etc?

nubs are a great desert goat. curious as to how they are in tropics. how often do they cycle? once or twice a year? buck?

bina

israel

just so i can ooh and aah... can u post some pics of babes and moms. i love nubians. btw, how do they do in thailand? foot rot, milk production, feed , etc?

You can see pics of previous litters on my website: http://www.asiagoat.com. I'll see if I can post some pics later today.

We trim their hooves and keep them out of the wet as much as possible. Milk production is around one to one and ahalf liters per day. We feed leguminous leaves and Brazilian Napier grass, as well as commercial grain feed.

nubs are a great desert goat. curious as to how they are in tropics. how often do they cycle? once or twice a year? buck?

They suffer in the tropics. They are desert creatures. They don't like the wet. We are on the coastal plain. Even the tropical mountains would be better with good drainage. But we get by and keep them healthy, if not pampered.

bina

israel

are u sure only 1 to 1.5 liter daily? are their kids running with them or do u separate at night, do a morning milking, let the kids nurse, and then do an evening milking at feedign time? im sure that my nannies gave two to three liters daily (large amount in the a.m. and less in evening) after kidding, from february until august when they came in to season, an then of course with natural breeding (lettting them run with the buck) the milk goes down as they expend more energy in dealing with a buck in heat and less on feeding. also, i hand milked (20), they got goat chow and mixed legume (buckwheat and some alfalfa hay), no real pasture here after one month (no rains).... but we were a petting zoo not a dairy...ours were mixture of anglo/nubi and beduin local (baladi) which produce a lot of milk. the chammy mix raises the fat int he milk but reduces the amount a bit. could be that the tropics affect the milk amount? (light during the day, hydration, food usage...)...

also, how often do they come in to heat? here, they cycle witht he shortening of the day.... in preperation for the rains, so that when they give birth, pasture is ready for the crucial first month or so after kidding (as most grazing animals are programmed to do here int he semi arid country). thailand, being tropical, must screw up their genetic biological clock.

bina

israel

are u sure only 1 to 1.5 liter daily?

Yes. These goats are bred from local goats which give about half of that. At the beginning of lactation they'll produce two, maybe two and a half. But the lactation curve has a long tail. After the first month 1.5 is a good median.

are their kids running with them or do u separate at night,

separated at birth

do a morning milking, let the kids nurse,

bottle feed

and then do an evening milking at feedign time?

evening milking while feeding kids.

im sure that my nannies gave two to three liters daily (large amount in the a.m. and less in evening) after kidding, from february until august when they came in to season, an then of course with natural breeding (lettting them run with the buck) the milk goes down as they expend more energy in dealing with a buck in heat and less on feeding. also, i hand milked (20), they got goat chow and mixed legume (buckwheat and some alfalfa hay), no real pasture here after one month (no rains).... but we were a petting zoo not a dairy...ours were mixture of anglo/nubi and beduin local (baladi) which produce a lot of milk. the chammy mix raises the fat int he milk but reduces the amount a bit. could be that the tropics affect the milk amount?

Could be.

(light during the day, hydration, food usage...)...

also, how often do they come in to heat?

continually

here, they cycle witht he shortening of the day.... in preperation for the rains, so that when they give birth, pasture is ready for the crucial first month or so after kidding (as most grazing animals are programmed to do here int he semi arid country). thailand, being tropical, must screw up their genetic biological clock.

bina

israel