Anyone Visiting The Uk Soon?

Greenside

Just seen an ad for super tiny video cameras from 7 Day Shop in the UK and would like to get a couple but think the customs hassle might make it tedious. If anyone is visiting in the next month or two or there at the moment perhaps they'd be kind enough to bring them back for me?

I saw the manufacturer demoing these at a trade show last year but they didn't have any on sale. Very neat - check out the R/C plane video.

post-40471-065533500 1283085863_thumb.jp

I'm going to get flamed here for being a doom and gloom merchant...

But let's get real. It's a bad world we live in.

Yes we all want to help each other out - what's the harm in carrying a package for someone??

Well - if you want to get your collar felt for carrying narcotics, up to you.

But when the plane blows up, we all go together.

All that security at the airport is a hassle, but it is there for a reason.

"Did you pack the bag yourself sir? Have you left the bag unattended at any time? Are you carrying anything for anyone else??"

Think about yourself and all the others on the plane.

DON"T carry packages for strangers.

Yes we all want to help each other out - what's the harm in carrying a package for someone??

"Did you pack the bag yourself sir? Have you left the bag unattended at any time? Are you carrying anything for anyone else??"

I would never carry a package given by a stranger. I would buy the camera myself, from a reputable shop/online store and open and inspect it first.

Greenside is not a stranger handing over a package to an unsuspecting passenger. Your concern is laudable but not needed here. Read the first post again. Thank you.

Edited by Contractor

I would never carry a package given by a stranger. I would buy the camera myself, from a reputable shop and open and inspect it first. Read the first post again and try to be a little less hysterical. Thank you

Yes, I accept your comment, to buy yourself and carry is no problem. I did react too quickly and post without considering that option.

Greenside's an upstanding member (pun not intended !) and has got plenty of friends here on TV and in town. I feel it's well within reason for him to put it out there that somebody else might be up to ferrying something on his behalf. I do this for friends n have them do the same for me. Goods such as cameras are easily inspected and then packed by the willful carrier, no reason to fear anything dodgy in cases like that. Simple.

I don't know if it's because I look a bit dodgy, but 3 out of the last 5 times that I checked straight through to CNX, I had to open my bags.

Mind you there were only a few of us waiting for international bags, so I don't know if the customs guys just needed to stretch or move around a little?

I have never been asked to open my bags at Bangkok, either Don Muang or Swampy.

I don't know if it's because I look a bit dodgy, but 3 out of the last 5 times that I checked straight through to CNX, I had to open my bags.

Mind you there were only a few of us waiting for international bags, so I don't know if the customs guys just needed to stretch or move around a little?

Thanks for the two offers. I'm just waiting for the store to let me know when they expect some stock and then I'll be in touch. To be honest I'm not really sure what I'd use one for but it seems so super cool and cheap I've just got to try one out!

i got caught by customs guy at cnx, about 4 year ago cost me 1000bht for 1 bottle of spirts over odds,thats why i always check luggage to bkk,and bring up to cnx domestic.