Two Serbians Arrested For Bt4.3m Rayong ATM Robbery

webfact

Two Serbians arrested in Rayong ATM robbery

RAYONG: -- Thai police on Friday took two Serbian suspects for breaking into an automated teller machine (ATM) on August 27 in the provincial seat to re-enact the theft after being arrested in Bangkok on Thursday.

Milan Nikolic, 44, and Branislav Lazic, 50, were led to the Bank of Ayudhya Krachet branch in this eastern province for a re-enactment of the August 27th ATM theft.

The break-in took place in early last Friday morning when the four broke into and took the ATM located in front of the Bank of Ayudhya Krachet branch, removing some Bt4.3 million (over US$130,300) contained in the cash dispenser.

Mr Nikolic acted out his motorcycle ride to survey the area and possible escape routes before committing the crime.

That day he drove a pickup truck to the bank with three accomplices -- Mr Lazic, Dejan Maricic and Aleksandra Vrencev. Then Mr Maricic and Mr Vrencev broke into the ATM. The suspects carried the ATM machine to their vehicle before Mr Lazic and the three others drove the pickup away.

The four accused removed some Bt4.3 million (over US$130,300) contained in the stolen ATM and divided the cash among themselves before fleeing.

Police found that both Mr Nikolic and Mr Lazic had criminal records as they had broken into an ATM machine at a Kasikorn Bank in Chon Buri and made off with around Bt4 million (about $128,000). The duo were released from jail in March 2009 and deported.

Meanwhile, the Rayong Court on Thursday issued arrest warrants for Dejan Maricic and Aleksandra Vrencev who reportedly had fled the country to Cambodia at the Sa Kaeo province's Aranyaprathet border crossing on August 27. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-09-03

Related topic: ATM dumped near Pattaya following 4.3 Million Baht robbery in Rayong

• Like 2

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a couple of criminals going to work where there are plenty of opportunities (i.e., Thailand). I expect their length of stay in Thai prison may be a little longer this time around.

You mean Thailand has cashpoint machines, so there are plenty of opportunities to steal them? A very strange comment. There are plenty of opportunities for criminals in all countries.

Police found that both Mr Nikolic and Mr Lazic had criminal records as they had broken into an ATM machine at a Kasikorn Bank in Chon Buri and made off with around Bt4 million (about $128,000). The duo were released from jail in March 2009 and deported.

Another immigration success story. <_<

Edit:

Just1Voice beat me to it! :D

Edited by JetsetBkk

Correct me if i am wrong, but previous reports mentioned 4 men and all being Middle Eastern. since when Serbian start to look Middle Eastern? or was it a different robbery?

The reports of Middle Eastern gentlemen could refer to an attempted ATM robbery in Pattaya a few days before, see the link HERE

• Like 1

already arrested then deported ? this reeks of mafia paw-greasing ; they must be from a large -scale organization like we now have all over Europe, they give 10 % of the thefts to the big boss and this money is used for corruption, bails, escapes..

they definitely aren't just a bunch of lost Serbians.

More and more of those scum about, with million dollars behind them.

What I'm wondering is how these two guys managed to get BACK into Thailand after serving time for a similar crime before, and then being deported after they were released from prison.

They probably just changed their names. There's no fingerprint system when you arrive in Thailand like in lots of other countries.

Yugoslavs arrested for 4 mn baht ATM robbery

Cool thieves rip cash machine off bank wall

Boonlua Chatree

A gang of Yugoslavian criminals broke open the ATM of a bank in Chonburi and hauled away the safe containing 4.4 million baht in a rented pickup truck.

Chonburi police received a report from Kasem Sornchai, the manager of Kasikornbank Oom Muang branch on September 23 saying that the 300-kilogram machine had been torn away from the wall of the bank.

Pol Lt Gen Soros Iamsa-ad, commander of Region 2, and a team of officers inspected the scene where they found tire tracks and skid marks, and the remains of the ATM machine scattered about. The safe that held the money was missing. The thieves had used duct tape to cover the closed circuit video camera.

Pol Lt Gen Soros ordered the Foreign Crime Investigation Bureau under the direction of Pol Lt Col Pirom Preeyakorn of Banglamung police to carry out a background check on foreign criminals. Investigations revealed that three foreign nationals had carried out the crime.

At 5 p.m. on September 25, Pol Lt Col Pirom and Pol Lt Col Thaveesak Suothong arrested two suspects, identified as Milan Nikolic, 35, and Lazic Branislav, 46, both Yugoslavian nationals. The two were hiding out at BS Mansion in Nongprue. Police also confiscated a Toyota pickup with a Chonburi license plate, a number of tools including drills, knives, and telecommunications equipment, and 2.4 million baht in cash.

Police said that the gang had hired the pickup from a car rental company on Pattaya Third Road on September 18. The owner of the company read that a gang had robbed an ATM machine and got away with 4.4 million and suspected the foreigners that had rented his pickup.

After carrying out the robbery the gang opened the safe and emptied it of its contents before throwing the safe into Mabprachan Reservoir. They kept the money in their apartment. Only 2.4 million baht was recovered, the rest having already been spent.

Pattaya Mail

So arrested for a 4M crime in 2008, deported in 2009? Impossible unless they were sentenced to a 3 year cut to 1 under Treaty.

It aint fitting to me......

What I'm wondering is how these two guys managed to get BACK into Thailand after serving time for a similar crime before, and then being deported after they were released from prison.

They probably just changed their names. There's no fingerprint system when you arrive in Thailand like in lots of other countries.

I dont know,when it was when you last time traveled.In LOS they have photo cameras on arrival and departure - many years already!So,they work like fingerprints:automatic face recognition.

Get yourself deported and then try to come back - you will see:they work very well;glasses,mustache,name change etc will not help you.

They didn't get in due to changed names. If the altered something that made it impossible for immigrations to know it was *them* then the police would not immediately find out when they arrested the individuals that they had previous deportations...their data is based on the same records.

Just a couple of criminals going to work where there are plenty of opportunities (i.e., Thailand). I expect their length of stay in Thai prison may be a little longer this time around.

Too much...but not enough!!!

arrested in '09 yet on the street again in Thailand after being deported?? Has border patrol gotten that lax:whistling: I love this place but the cartoon scenarios have no bounds....I often wonder after watching a good rerun on U+C ...what if.. really...what if a really organized crew rolled in and did the homework on a bank and various "armored cars"...surely it would not be worth the risk....but seriously....the only hang up would be getting the cash out...these guys got caught...How many dont?? :jap:I love thailand

Police found that both Mr Nikolic and Mr Lazic had criminal records as they had.....

So arrested for a 4M crime in 2008, deported in 2009? Impossible unless they were sentenced to a 3 year cut to 1 under Treaty.

what is impossible?crime?punishment?what do you know about Thai/Serbia Treaty?(possibly nothing,there is no Treaty!)

have you heard about corruption?

It's much easier to buy a Serbian passport than even a Montenegrin passport.....

Correct me if i am wrong, but previous reports mentioned 4 men and all being Middle Eastern. since when Serbian start to look Middle Eastern? or was it a different robbery?

Edited by Mario2008
racist remarks deleted, no need to insult a whole race

serbians do look a little oily skinned and have that roman nose not all but its a feature so maybe they would look a little eastern and then they have a suntann due to the weather there anyway these people are very dangerouse like albainians and romainians and no im not talking out of order they are know for there aggresive way like the russians you dont need these people in thailand the country turning into a sesspitt for all the wrong type people even the lager louts from england are there now

Edited by Mario2008
racist remark deleted, no need to insult a whole race

Pattaya Mail

If the original crime took place in Chonburi in 2008, it amazes me that the trial and sentencing actually could have taken place before their deportation in March of the following year!

Once again Thailand is a laughing stock! Does it ever stop?

• Like 1

quote deleted

"serbians do look a little oily skinned" :blink: -"no im not talking out of order" :lol:

Johnny Foreigner alert!!

Go on, put in a full stop now and then. It's on the right-hand side of the keyboard, ....beneath the beer bottle :rolleyes:

Edited by Mario2008
  • Like 1

It would appear that even with the previous practise they havent got any better at getting away with it.

Need to be kept a lot longer this time.

Suspect it would be quite easy for them to go to either Cambodia or Lao and cross into Thailand.

It said the others took off to Cambodia so possibly thats how they all arrived this time.

What about the officials who earlier let the same scumbags out the prison back door - after a several month stint for stealing over 4 million baht? Will there be any investigation of the officials who got bribed? Oh, silly me, for a moment I forgot this is Thailand. Officials getting busted for taking bribes is about as likely as Thaksin getting elected Pope.

• Like 1

quote deleted

yeah, they are all the same. they look the same and have the same characteristics

almost like they've been produced in a factory

and I know well, everyone from England is a lager lout. Churchill, Hawking, Newton : louts

I have a huge brush and I will tar thee all....:whistling:

Edited by Mario2008
  • Like 1