Driving School In Chiang Mai

Guest siamjourney

Guest siamjourney

Can anyone recommend a driving school or private teacher in Chiang Mai? This would be for a Thai women learning how to drive a car for the first time.

I know it's a scary proposition given the competing drivers!

I paid for a course for my step daughter at the driving school on Chang Puek Rd. I had already taught her to drive, but they put the finishing touches and prepared her for the test, she passed and she was very happy with the instruction.

I'm sorry I don' t know the name or the numbers, but if you are driving north from Chang Puek gate, its in the last block before the superhwy, on the left. You can spot it from the sample road signs out front.

I paid for a course for my step daughter at the driving school on Chang Puek Rd. I had already taught her to drive, but they put the finishing touches and prepared her for the test, she passed and she was very happy with the instruction.

I'm sorry I don' t know the name or the numbers, but if you are driving north from Chang Puek gate, its in the last block before the superhwy, on the left. You can spot it from the sample road signs out front.

I sent my g/f to school and she went there first. The whole course took place at a dirt lot across from Big C. After the 1st lesson she was so unhappy that she demanded (and received) a refund. She went to another place on the moat on the block before Jok Sompet Restaurant and was really happy because the course consisted of actual driving in traffic after a lesson or two at 700 year stadium. The teacher was very good and even called a couple of times after she completed the course to see if she was confident enough and offered another lesson or two for like 100 Baht each. He even offered to go with her for free to take the test and use the school's car which she did.

uptheos, yes the schools use their own cars. The have a brake over-ride but not dual steering wheels. They stick a big sign on the back of the car for drivers to stay clear because a student driver is at the wheel! :lol:

Edited by elektrified

I sent my g/f to school and she went there first. The whole course took place at a dirt lot across from Big C. After the 1st lesson she was so unhappy that she demanded (and received) a refund. She went to another place on the moat on the block before Jok Sompet Restaurant and was really happy because the course consisted of actual driving in traffic after a lesson or two at 700 year stadium. The teacher was very good and even called a couple of times after she completed the course to see if she was confident enough and offered another lesson or two for like 100 Baht each. He even offered to go with her for free to take the test and use the school's car which she did.

uptheos, yes the schools use their own cars. The have a brake over-ride but not dual steering wheels.

Thanks very much for the info. :)