Non-Immigrant O "Marriage" Visa

I currently have a 1-year retirement visa (Non-Immigrant O) and would like to change to a Non-Immigrant O with Thai spouse. That would reduce my usual 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account for three months to 400,000 baht. My question is, we were married in the states, not here in Thailand. We have our US marriage certificate and a Thai translation of that document which we will get notarized. Being that the marriage did not take place here, should that pose any issues if we have all the other necessary documentation (i.e. money in Thai bank - three months, bank book, copies, photos of us around the house, etc)?

Changing the reason for an extension of stay should be no problem.

As you where married abroad it is necessary to inform the Thai government of the marriage. Indeed have the wedding certificate notarized by the embassy and than translated into Thai and certified by the Thai Foreign Ministry, consular section.

With the certified translation you then visit an amphur (any will do) to have the wedding recorded into the Thai wedding register. Also have the wife bring her household book and of course ID.

Ask for a copy of the entry into the wedding register (khor rhor 2 form), you will need it for immigration.

Changing the reason for an extension of stay should be no problem.

As you where married abroad it is necessary to inform the Thai government of the marriage. Indeed have the wedding certificate notarized by the embassy and than translated into Thai and certified by the Thai Foreign Ministry, consular section.

With the certified translation you then visit an amphur (any will do) to have the wedding recorded into the Thai wedding register. Also have the wife bring her household book and of course ID.

Ask for a copy of the entry into the wedding register (khor rhor 2 form), you will need it for immigration.

Does the certification by the Thai Foreign Ministry, consular section, require a trip to Bangkok or can that be accomplished here in Chiang Mai, where we live?