Fishing South East Asia And The Emmrod

skootr

Hi Everybody

I will be travelling around South East Asia for 3 months and plan on doing alot of fishing . Which leaves me with the dilemma of what sort of rod and reel to take with me. As i'm backpacking i want something compact yet durable and i have come accross this website www.emmrod.com and need some advice on which rod to pick and also what sort of reel ?

I wouldn't call myself a fisherman , It's just something i enjoy doing but i am pretty average at it. I just find it vey relaxing.

I plan on fishing some of the smaller stocked lakes around Thailand and also around some of the islands of Thailand and Cambodia.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Samantha.

To be honest it would not be the kind of rod i would buy for fishing over here. Much too small. I would just buy something here like a 6ft pole and buy some rainpipe to keep it safe during your travels. Especially if your going to fish a lot its better to buy something better here.

• 2 weeks later...
  1. I actually like the look of the EMMROD system. It is very advanced and the biggest problem is that it looks like a toy. However, it clearly works and is a travelers dream. I would look at the double tip and a heavy spin tip and a medium tip for the islands. The heavy tip would be for the fishing parks and the Mekonk Catfish. You could also try a light tip for the small waterways you just happen upon. On my next trip up I shall give it a try with the heavy and a medium tip.