50 Illegal Cambodian Workers Arrested At North Pattaya Construction Site

Rimmer

50 illegal Cambodian Workers arrested at North Pattaya construction site

PATTAYA: -- 50 illegal Cambodian Workers were rounded up in a joint operation involving Banglamung Police and Immigration Officers on Monday Afternoon. Information was received which stated that the illegal men and women were working at a construction site for a condominium development in Soi 15/1 off the Naklua Road. A team of officers was assembled and the illegal workers were arrested

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One

2010-09-21

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

And the construction manager?

Added:

The company employing them is the Reung Yareun Architects Company based in Bangkok and they are expected to be charged over the incident at a later date. The illegal workers will be deported but are likely to return to Thailand within hours of them leaving.
Edited by TAWP

A friend of mine who volunteers to visit these guys in immigration jails told me:

This usually means that the boss has decided to call the cops instead paying the workers because it is cheaper to have them picked up than to pay them.

Edited by canuckamuck
  • Like 1

A friend of mine who volunteers to visit these guys in immigration jails told me:

This usually means that the boss has decided to call the cops instead paying the workers because it is cheaper to have them picked up than to pay them.

You beat me to it, I was going to say the same thing, seen it happen a few times before.

Surely this wouldn't happen in Thailand. :rolleyes::whistling: Tongue in cheek.

You are correct,this has happened many ,many times,just before they are due for there months salary