Cheap Charlies In Pattaya Exclusive Thread

syd barrett

I no longer pay for a haircut. I bought some electric buzzers and the g/f gives me a number 2 for free. 350 Baht for the buzzers = 3 1/2 haircuts at my local place. After that they are all free. Except for the electric :rolleyes:

Cheap beer? With music until 2 a.m. The Shagwell at 60 Baht for a large Chang / Leo / Cheers after midnight.

Pretty reasonable food there too Gammon steak with pineapple, egg, chips, veg. 145 Baht. Chicken & mushroon pie with chips and mixed veg 145 Baht.

Cheap? I like cheap :)

350 for electric buzzers, that sounds like a great price. Where did you pick them up, and are you happy with the quality?

I haven't been looking around that much, but did see some for sale at an unmanned stall, at the bottom floor of TukCom.

Granted that equals almost 6 haircuts at my local barber, :) but would be nice to have a set at home.

Poipet when I went for my visa.

After 6 months they are still working well. I oil the blades to keep them at their best. No ripping and pulling of the hai That only happens when you do not oil the blades.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I no longer pay for a haircut. I bought some electric buzzers and the g/f gives me a number 2 for free. 350 Baht for the buzzers = 3 1/2 haircuts at my local place. After that they are all free. Except for the electric :rolleyes:

Cheap beer? With music until 2 a.m. The Shagwell at 60 Baht for a large Chang / Leo / Cheers after midnight.

Pretty reasonable food there too Gammon steak with pineapple, egg, chips, veg. 145 Baht. Chicken & mushroon pie with chips and mixed veg 145 Baht.

Cheap? I like cheap :)

350 for electric buzzers, that sounds like a great price. Where did you pick them up, and are you happy with the quality?

I haven't been looking around that much, but did see some for sale at an unmanned stall, at the bottom floor of TukCom.

Granted that equals almost 6 haircuts at my local barber, :) but would be nice to have a set at home.

Poipet when I went for my visa.

After 6 months they are still working well. I oil the blades to keep them at their best. No ripping and pulling of the hai That only happens when you do not oil the blades.

Thanks for the reply McGarty. I know the boarder market there has a lot of "Cheap Charlie Stuff". B)

You're not a true cheap charlie until you've bought your first rice cooker. ;)

Surely you were given one by one of the Thai relatives. No one 'buys' a rice cooker (maybe as a wedding or house-warming present).

Edited by cardholder