Cheap Charlies In Pattaya Exclusive Thread

syd barrett

In Friendship Supermarket Campbells condensed soup is on sale for 53 baht per tin.

Exactly adjacent to the Campbells condensed soup is 'Ligo' condensed soup, it's the same sized tin, looks the same and I can assure you, tastes the same, but priced at only 14 baht per tin.

That is a massive saving of 378%

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Friendship Supermarket Campbells condensed soup is on sale for 53 baht per tin.

Exactly adjacent to the Campbells condensed soup is 'Ligo' condensed soup, it's the same sized tin, looks the same and I can assure you, tastes the same, but priced at only 14 baht per tin.

That is a massive saving of 378%

Ligo's soups are close enough, and worth buying to save money (Great sale price; I have 3 cans in the pantry). They're quite good added into recipes, but as stand alone soups- sorry, they definitely don't taste the same (or as good) as Campbell's... to me.

So now Pattaya is full of self made millionaire down to earth Alan Sugars? lmfao what planet do you people come from?

Many of these cheap charlies are pouncing, incapacity benefit claiming scum bags who've never done a days work in their lives. Pattaya is full of them if you don't know that or not aware of that then your about as switched on as broken headlight.

There are many good people here and on the other hand the ones that continually go on and on about ridiculous ways of saving a few baht are a total waste of space.

If i ever saw anyone kick a beggar out the way i would kick "them" up and down the soi "Mr Barret"

You are my hero - what a guy. :wacko::sick:

1. Watch Ray Mears in Index Living Mall electical dept to get handy hints on natural free jungle food.

2. If you only have one arm, and your Thai wife wants breast implants, save money by convincing her just to have one tit done.

3. Grow your own veg, then sell it to tesco as 'organic', by simply smothering it with cat sh1t.

4. Wear your shoes every other day.

5. Just take one grape to the till at Tesco. When it is weighed it will not register, and you will get it for free. Repeat 100 times. Free bunch of grapes.

6. Save on surround sound TV systems by just watching movies at the appropriate time ; ie a horror flick when theres a storm outside, or a western when theres a drug dealers gun fight out in your road.

7. To make a tub of coleslaw go further, when its running out, grate a carrot , and lettuce into the pot, then put some mayo on top.

8. Save money on peep shows, by going to the beach wearing a burka .

9. Save on bedroom aircon by wearing a shower cap filled with frozen peas.

10. Make your own mints by leaving blobs of toothpaste to dry on the window sill. Used striped toothpaste for humbugs.

11. Save money on milk by not reporting the death of your neighbour. Then leave the milkman notes for an extra sliced loaf, and some salmon and fags.

12. If you cant afford to play golf, just stick your right hand in the toaster, to make the left look a different colour.

13. Avoid getting prosecuted for using your phone whilst driving. Simply pop your mobile inside a large shell and the police will think you are listening to the sea.

14. Just collect rain water to drink and eating soi dog sh1t could keep you here for ages. To disguise your sh1t breath, just breathe out at the same time as everyone else.

This is a great topic (useful and funny), so thanks Syd.

Not my own work - taken from Viz Top Tips:-

DRILL a one inch diameter hole in your refrigerator door. This will allow you to check that the light goes off when the door is closed.

SAVE petrol by pushing your car to your destination. Invariably passers-by will think you've broken down and help.

SAVE money on doorbell batteries by removing them and simply popping to the door every two minutes to see if anyone is there.

DON'T fork out on expensive smoke alarms. simply fill balloons with water and hang them from the ceiling. Then cover the floor with air-filled balloons, each with a drawing pin stuck to the top. In the event of a fire the temperature will cause the air- filled balloons to rise up from the floor, and the pins will burst the water-filled balloons, thus extinguishing the fire. Probably.

Use sand instead of sugar in your tea. Can be re-used many times, and has far fewer calories.

And my personal favourite...

Save a fortune on laundry bills. Give your dirty shirts to a charity shop. They will wash and iron them and you can buy them back for fifty pence.

:D

Yuk way too sweet. Brookes however as as close to Heinz as I have found and a darn sight cheaper than Heinz

+1.. Brooks are good and Ayam are disgustingly sweet, i hate sugar in food, if i want to eat something sweet, i'll have desert <_<

Beans as dessert,why not.

^Such as Ayam baked beans from Malaysia. Much cheaper than the imports from the US and UK.

Yuk way too sweet. Brookes however as as close to Heinz as I have found and a darn sight cheaper than Heinz

But do you get the same quality of farts with these alternatives as you do with Heinz?

^Such as Ayam baked beans from Malaysia. Much cheaper than the imports from the US and UK.

But do you get the same quality of farts with these alternatives as you do with Heinz?

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Any kind of beans get me...bad!!!

Sweet smelling toots with Ayam, room clearing rips with Heinz.

"Cat" Brand rolling tobacco at 10 Baht a packet: the 7-9 (7-11 copy) on Soi Yume sells it. About 30 rolls per pack (more if you've ever been detained at Her Majesty's pleasure). It's like sucking on the ass end of a jet fighter's engine, but also comes in very handy if you desire an un-interupted chat with your mates at the beerbars - simply leave the pack of Cat Brand on the bar in plain sight, and I guarantee you that non but the most desperate disease ridden, terminally ill Cambodian will be seen dead tying to short-time King Cheap Charlie in public.

• 1 month later...

I would just like to say that i followed someones advice on here about saving money for a taxi from patts to bangkok by getting a baht bus to the highway and trying to flag down a passing taxi.last Tuesday morning.

Worse experience I ever had,no taxis came past in nearly 1 hour,if they did they were full,one taxi was vacant but didnt stop for some reason.

Here I was trying to save about 500 baht.

I kept walking down the highway rather than wait on that corner near Big C,so i ended up walking backwards so i could see oncoming taxis in the bloody hot sun.

Anyway as i was walking down the highway past a tyre place it then started to rain,and no cover anywhere ,then i spotted a service station ,I got a drink and decided to top up my phone card and then I decided bugger it,and called the hotel where i stayed who arranged a cab to meet me about 30 minutes later,wasnt worth the 90 minutes or so being a cheap charlie.to save maybe 500 baht.

The car they came to pick me up from the service station charged me 1000 baht.anyway.

Would of worked obviously if the taxis coming out of Pattaya back onto the highway were vacant but I guess at 10am in the morning there just wasnt many.

Edited by actiondell4

I would just like to say that i followed someones advice on here about saving money for a taxi from patts to bangkok by getting a baht bus to the highway and trying to flag down a passing taxi.last Tuesday morning.

Worse experience I ever had,no taxis came past in nearly 1 hour,if they did they were full,one taxi was vacant but didnt stop for some reason.

Here I was trying to save about 500 baht.

I kept walking down the highway rather than wait on that corner near Big C,so i ended up walking backwards so i could see oncoming taxis in the bloody hot sun.

Anyway as i was walking down the highway past a tyre place it then started to rain,and no cover anywhere ,then i spotted a service station ,I got a drink and decided to top up my phone card and then I decided bugger it,and called the hotel where i stayed who arranged a cab to meet me about 30 minutes later,wasnt worth the 90 minutes or so being a cheap charlie.to save maybe 500 baht.

The car they came to pick me up from the service station charged me 1000 baht.anyway.

Would of worked obviously if the taxis coming out of Pattaya back onto the highway were vacant but I guess at 10am in the morning there just wasnt many.

Why not just take one of the busses that go to the airport or to Ekamie? ~200 baht. Then mass transit around bangkok to wherever you need to go.

A-Eon is a finance company (appliances, electronics, cars[?]) so the Thais are making payments at the ATM on all the little toys they have bought for themselves that they can't afford!

My additions:

Forget about all other brekkies in town and go with the original CC's namesake...Crazy Dave's B 75 version...2 eggs on fried bread, 2 toast with butter and jam, sausage, 2 bacon rashers, beans, tomato, and coffee/tea or juice.

Bowling at Central Beach...B 80/game from 11:00-14:00; B 100/game 14:00-17:00. (After 17:00 is DOUBLES to B 200/game).

Best cheap coffee...Foodland counter for B 29! Ox-tail soup is great too for I think B 75. Okay, just about everything there is cheap and pretty good for the price.

Ceasar salad and Thai dishes with rice, both for B 99, at Coffee Club at Royal Garden (where Au Bon Pain used to be) are generous servings and very tasty. Nice atmosphere and free wifi as well and no service charge. (Especially like their version of chicken with cashew nuts).

Fine dining: Cherry's Sunday set-menu - bread basket, amuse bouche, fancy salad or meat/seafood tartlet, soup, sherbet palate cleanser, choice from 4 meat/fish mains, dessert, and coffee/tea. All for B 295.

A "real" cheap charlie would never spend that much on food.

7/11 have cheap instant meals that they will heat for you, and the ketchup is free. Hotdogs for only 22 bht.

Just wondering how long it will take you to drive to these free ATM's, and how long do you want to wait in line to use the machine? Sounds like driving a hundred km to fill up on cheap gas. In other words, are you really saving anything, or just pretending to save? If you are actually near one, when you need money, then thats ok,

If you want to save on beer, just leave out one of the eight bottles. By the way, seems some of the bars raise the price of drinks, when they serve the free food. Of course you could bring your own bottle of water, and just eat free! :D You would be their most preferred customer!

DRIVE!!!!!! The "real" cheap charlies walk!

I once knew one who walked for an hour, rather than take public transport to check on his rental properties. He would take the crown for cheap charlies!