How Many Thai Tourist Visas From Laos+Kl Will They Stamp Back To Back?

My friend got a 30 day tourist visa at suvarnabumi, then a 2 month at Vientiane, then a 30 day extension at Chaeng Wattana. He intends to go to Penang and re-enter; are his chances good? Does anyone know of somebody doing this "back-to-back" over-the-border pattern? No names necessary!:D

Penang has a recent history of not providing a tourist visa for anyone who has extended 30 days on such an entry. I suspect KL would be a better choice but things change so can not speak for what will happen. Currently the safe option is Vientiane and there a two entry tourist visa can be obtained.

Edit: His nationality may also be a factor - in Vientiane Philippine passport holders seem to have a problem with less visas than others from some reports.

Edited by lopburi3

Penang has a recent history of not providing a tourist visa for anyone who has extended 30 days on such an entry.

What is the reason? What is so wrong with extending a tourist visa, especially when there is such a high fee that the traveler had agreed to pay?

Currently the safe option is Vientiane and there a two entry tourist visa can be obtained.

Have there been any recent reports (e.g. within last couple of weeks) of application rejection due to having too many tourist visas already in the passport? I'm getting close to the end of my 3rd tourist visa in my passport and am starting to get nervous.

Edited by hyperdimension