Who Can Make Rice Waffles, Rice Crackers

Soulwy

Please read this topic first

http://www.thaivisa....e-rice-cracker/

I just love it, it is cheap (30 Eurocent per 13 crackers) and crunchy. But I can't find them here. At the organic market (JJ market) I found other kind of rice cracker made of riceflour, but it's different.

Do you know someone who could make them? It is wholegrain rice and I think it is popped (as in popcorn)

post-67111-092612600 1285556063_thumb.jp

Edited by Soulwy

Mmm... it shouldn't be so hard... I remember thinking when coming to Asia: I don't have to worry about rice wafels, waffles, it's the continent of rice.whistling.gif

I will have a close look when I'm in the Health shop at Sri Donchai.

And I was expecting Rimping to have it.. I will ask again.

Edited by Soulwy

i can made them but i more or less stop doing so :)

there are a few version .

and the best way is to puff the rice using pressure.

in Indonesia there cook it heating up SAND . and the rice puff .. the korean invented a machine that puff the rick and making it like the one you you show .

and last but not least the thai . dry it and then fry it . and coat it with sugar .

--

i puff rice for hobby :)

best Bet is Thai style puff rice .

you cna try finding them in tesco or carrfour but is not cheap . i think i once saw Gib C with one of those korean rice puff machine but is not cheap also

Oh..interesting how we all puff rice in a different way...The korean way... You know, I have searched in all of the supermarkets you mention. But I have 4 rice cakes left (I brought these from Europe last month) and I will take them with me and show it to the employee.

And now you are mentioning it, I think too they are puffed under pressure, the slices are alle the same and flat.

Funny how we can talk about puffed rice like it is diamond ..biggrin.gif

Today I went to 2 organic markets and to 2 health stores. I found good alternatives,

Delipop Rice snack. Puffed, no oil and sugar etc. added.

2 kinds: natural rice and with seaweed (+brown, jasmin,redherb rice, barley, corn etc.)

These have more taste than the ones I buy in Europe.

25 baht for 10slices. Both in Aden (Nimmh.road) and Healthy shop (Sridonchai road)

I am sure they'd sell it in other health stores as well

PS. Can someone please explain me where this one is located? It's a long street and I couldn't find it today.

Baan Suan Pak store

419/27 Wichayanon Rd, Chiang Mai

053-233-317

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=nl&expIds=17259,18168,24472,26714,26781&xhr=t&q=Wichayanon+street+Panda+House+Chiangmai&cp=19&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Edited by Soulwy