How Can I Stay With My Boyfriend?

OP is not looking for a discussion on her personal appearance, her love life, her sex life or anything else. If you do not have constructive advice to offer then please do not bother to offer any at all.

OP is not looking for a discussion on her personal appearance, her love life, her sex life or anything else. If you do not have constructive advice to offer then please do not bother to offer any at all.

Thank you :)

I regret bringing up my appearance, but I only wanted to illustrate my concerns with possible employment as a reason to legally stay in Thailand. Whilst I know it to not affect my ability to be an extraordinary employee, I am a realist, and appreciate that it can be difficult for some employers to get past certain assumptions. I also appreciate that customer facing work demands a certain image, and that is why I have not included it within my search.

Thank you all very much for your help with regards to my visa questions.

gs

My best friend here has several piercings including her nose, pretty mad hair and no degree. She has managed to find work here for the last 4 years as a private art and drama teacher. She is incredibly popular, makes loads of money, and yes is working illegally. She uses visas from Hull. The best option for you in my opinion.

It is all about contacts. Put up posters, chat to people...if you are bright and friendly, many families would love to have you teach privately. Dreadlocks and piercings and all, many families would prefer you to be teaching their kids than an older man. But no, chances are a school wouldn't take you as is. But so what? Stuff them... there are loads of opportunities here in Bangkok for those willing to take them...ESPECIALLY young (preferably English) women.

I have no degree, and I also have red dreadlocks and two nose rings. My tattoos I can cover up of course...

gs

Is that the reason why you are not married?

Not a chance, real men love chicks with tattoos and nose rings and red hair too!!

Ha ha ha! 'Is that why I'm not married?'

That's hilarious.

Thanks djvolak ;)

i applied for a 6 month tourist visa . 3x60days . your still a tourist even after 4 months ok.

Well you've all been super helpful. Thank you.

Nex time my Nana asks why I'm not married I may suggest it's because of my piercings, tattoos and awesome hair...

Just trying to sort through visa bumf - why is it all so difficult?

Last question: If my boyfriend is getting a Non-Immigration visa (B) because he has a job offer, assuming he gets the work permit sorted when we return, does he still have to leave once every 90 days?

gs

ps. thaivisa forum is ace.

I think lopburi3 (who knows his stuff about visa regulations) only repplied to whether your boyfriend can stay if he has a work permit. Technically correct, he needs an extension of stay, but that's your boyfriend's problem and needs to be discussed in another thread.

Since you are not married, your bf's visa status has no bearing on yours. So, even if he gets the work permit and does everything correctly and can stay for years on end without leaving the country, you still have to worry about your own visa, as you cannot get a permit to stay as a "dependant".

Well you've all been super helpful. Thank you.

Nex time my Nana asks why I'm not married I may suggest it's because of my piercings, tattoos and awesome hair...

Just trying to sort through visa bumf - why is it all so difficult?

Last question: If my boyfriend is getting a Non-Immigration visa (B) because he has a job offer, assuming he gets the work permit sorted when we return, does he still have to leave once every 90 days?

gs

ps. thaivisa forum is ace.

I think lopburi3 (who knows his stuff about visa regulations) only repplied to whether your boyfriend can stay if he has a work permit. Technically correct, he needs an extension of stay, but that's your boyfriend's problem and needs to be discussed in another thread.

Since you are not married, your bf's visa status has no bearing on yours. So, even if he gets the work permit and does everything correctly and can stay for years on end without leaving the country, you still have to worry about your own visa, as you cannot get a permit to stay as a "dependant".

Right, didn't realise I needed to start a new thread. Sorry.

I know it has no bearing.

gs

:lol:

Oh lord!

If you can't find a job and have any ability at learning languages...try a Thai language school course with that ED visa mentioned. Don't just slag it off,make a serious try at learning Thai. It will help your job prospects in Thailand.

For one thing, I can just imagine what will happen when the locals look at you, and you answer their questions in Thai.

Honey,you will blow their small minds away, if you can do that.

That would be worth seeing.

No offense intended....I'm just imagining it.

Forty years ago...when I was a lot younger and less conventional...we used to have a saying,"Never miss the chance to blow the mind of a straight".

Another option might be for you to contact the Honorary Consulate at Hull and see if they will provide you with a list of names of NGOs in Thailand for whom -- if one of their 'preferred' NGOs provides you with a Letter of Invitation -- Hull Consul will provide you with a one-year Non-IMM 'O' visa ... this is all detailed on the Hull website except for the list of names.

• Like 1

Oh lord!

If you can't find a job and have any ability at learning languages...try a Thai language school course with that ED visa mentioned. Don't just slag it off,make a serious try at learning Thai. It will help your job prospects in Thailand.

For one thing, I can just imagine what will happen when the locals look at you, and you answer their questions in Thai.

Honey,you will blow their small minds away, if you can do that.

That would be worth seeing.

No offense intended....I'm just imagining it.

Forty years ago...when I was a lot younger and less conventional...we used to have a saying,"Never miss the chance to blow the mind of a straight".

I have to agree. I get double the amount of private work now that I can speak Thai. Complete beginners are scared to learn English from someone they cannot communicate with any other way. Also parents often feel more comfortable if you an speak a bit of Thai. This is all from people that I have just bumped into, at my building, local shopping centre and hairdressers!

Yes, definitely make an attempt to learn some Thai. It helps, too, to learn how to read and write Thai. I was at an event recently where we were asked to sign our names, so I signed my name in Thai. People were crowding around to see my efforts and taking pictures, even though I protested that write Thai like an eight year old! It definitely helps to make contacts and "win points" as we Americans say.

Yes, definitely make an attempt to learn some Thai. It helps, too, to learn how to read and write Thai. I was at an event recently where we were asked to sign our names, so I signed my name in Thai. People were crowding around to see my efforts and taking pictures, even though I protested that write Thai like an eight year old! It definitely helps to make contacts and "win points" as we Americans say.

If I'm able to stay here by getting a job, I still plan to learn Thai.

I totally agree, it will be so beneficial.

I feel like a chump not being able to communicate with people, and hoping they speak English.