What Invention/Device/Thing Do Thais Need More Than Anything?

2long

What about being able to locate stolen mobiles using the phone's mfr #? Or failing that, at all?? It might prevent them vanishing like the morning mist, and the visit to the police station reporting the theft a slightly less pointless exercise :huh:

They already can do that, just about anywhere in the world. They usually won't make the effort unless it's a murder case though. I'd imagine the police don't want it want this known to the average criminal and the phone companies simply don't want to deal with all of the 'lost and found' cases (although they could probably spin it marketing wise).

:)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about being able to locate stolen mobiles using the phone's mfr #? Or failing that, at all?? It might prevent them vanishing like the morning mist, and the visit to the police station reporting the theft a slightly less pointless exercise :huh:

They already can do that, just about anywhere in the world. They usually won't make the effort unless it's a murder case though. I'd imagine the police don't want it want this known to the average criminal and the phone companies simply don't want to deal with all of the 'lost and found' cases (although they could probably spin it marketing wise).

Sorry if my info is somewhat out of date, last time I was in the UK it was all the big news how they could track your stolen mobile to deter theft, 10yrs ago! :rolleyes:

Self deploy crash air-bags on the deck around high rise condos, especially in Pattaya.

Frequent users “fine discount cards” for police bogus fines. Say! 40% off.

The police fine issue is a doddle. Cash stays in the glove-box if in the pickup, under the seat when on the bike. Wallet with just 100b & licenses in it easily available. Stop, look all 'little boy lost'"But I only have this?", never failed yet.

Sorry if my info is somewhat out of date, last time I was in the UK it was all the big news how they could track your stolen mobile to deter theft, 10yrs ago! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was talking about here when I was referring to the "can and able, but likely won't (unless it's something more serious than Nok or #218 stealing your phone)" part. Most bad guys apparently (and mistakenly) think that the SIM card is what makes a phone unique and not the IMEI # and if they just change SIM cards all the bad things that went with the old phone are gone. Just look at any IT center, which are basically where all stolen phones end up.

Yeah, I was talking about here when I was referring to the "can and able, but likely won't (unless it's something more serious than Nok or #218 stealing your phone)" part. Most bad guys apparently (and mistakenly) think that the SIM card is what makes a phone unique and not the IMEI # and if they just change SIM cards all the bad things that went with the old phone are gone. Just look at any IT center, which are basically where all stolen phones end up.

Stolen oron their last legs, took my missus forever to believe me that nobody gets rid of a fully functioning phone, and those places are false economy! :lol:

They need PLANNING.

They need to learn how to plan.

They need to learn to consider the future consequences of their actions.

Care to open a book on how long it takes???

- Roger -

PS: I realise this is neither an invention, nor a device, nor a thing. It is an intangible, but they need it.

• Like 1

The invention that Thai people urgently need right now is a gas chamber like the one the Nazis used in Auschwitz. Then it would be easy for the locals to provide some space for disrespectful and obnoxious Farangs to stay. A fabulous idea. Maybe Thai Visa's users should be the first people to give it a go. It would save a lot of money as you would not have to pay rent. Who does want a free place to stay?

er

The invention that Thai people urgently need right now is a gas chamber like the one the Nazis used in Auschwitz. Then it would be easy for the locals to provide some space for disrespectful and obnoxious Farangs to stay. A fabulous idea. Maybe Thai Visa's users should be the first people to give it a go. It would save a lot of money as you would not have to pay rent. Who does want a free place to stay?

:blink: ......................"Tell me about your childhood?"

Edited by Tonto21
  • Like 1

Dick...

A airport type scanner for politicians to walk through that detects corruption and vaporizes the ones that beep, no pat down required.

I like that one, a whole world without politicians! :lol:

er

:blink: ......................"Tell me about your childhood?"

:cheesy:

Better not ask about his mother.

A functioning electric system. And that includes:

- uninterrupted power supply, even in rain

- make it an enforced law to ground all electric systems in all houses

- unify the plugs. The mixture of 220 Volt with US 110 V plugs is a constant source of problems. And so many

electric appliances are sold with plugs from Australia, Hong Kong, UK, Europe, none of which fits

- put the power lines under ground (also the telephone cables.)

That's pretty sick. Get some help.