Zone 2 Parking Lot At Suvarnabhumi Airport Closed Off By Armed Men

webfact

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wonder how AOT ( airport authority of Thailand) will do to be in the top 10 ... Maybe the top ten worst airport in the world ? once again money and gun talk. Amazing Thailand campaign works well.

And after that, they will tell us that there is an increase in arrival of tourists. Total bullshit and lies.

Well, it does not seem a strange incident. I have seen that in Turkey, too. And most probably in some other countries as well. When it comes to money, such events occur anytime and anywhere. Since incoming of parking lot is shared partly with local polices those armed people are not going to be neither penalized nor something else.

It doesn't happen in "civilized" country LOL

This reminds me of the security staff at my condominium block. Three tough looking midgets with gun holsters (but no guns) all ran away and hid when a guy drove his motorbike at them and waved a knife. I guess the Police have no more balls than they did. Which is why every punk in Bangkok gets away with doing anything he wants, and why we all have steel bars over every window.

Edited by stolidfeline

If I'm an "International" or even Thailand "insurgent", I'm thinking to myself:

"Humm, an UNARMED mob took over the whole airport and nothing happened to them. Now just 40 armed men have closed off a parking lot. What an easy target. Hey, Ahkmed, come here and let's make some plans!"

Amazing Thailand in the fact that, as noted earlier, there's never a dull moment, and you want up each day wondering what's going to happen next. I think Phil Colins & Genesis said it best:

I must have dreamed a thousand dreams

Been haunted by a million screams

But I can hear the marching feet

They're moving into the street

Now, did you read the news today?

They say the danger has gone away

But I can see the fire's still alight

They're burning into the night

There's too many men, too many people

Making too many problems

And there's not much love to go around

Can't you see this is a land of confusion?

This is the world we live in

And these are the hands we're given

Use them and let's start trying

To make it a place worth living in

Oh, superman, where are you now?

When everything's gone wrong somehow?

The men of steel, these men of power

Are losing control by the hour

This is the time, this is the place

So we look for the future

But there's not much love to go around

Tell me why this is a land of confusion

This is the world we live in

And these are the hands we're given

Use them and let's start trying

To make it a place worth living in

I remember long ago

When the sun was shining

And all the stars were bright all through the night

In the wake of this madness, as I held you tight

So long ago

Edited by Just1Voice

Is it not illegal to carry firearms in Thailand?

not if the big boss wear yellow shirt i think

Yellow shirts are out-gunned by red shirts by a very wide margin. Additionally, the men in black are associated with the crimson movement and not the amber movement.

I feel like I'm living in the wild west rather than the far east!

Not the wild west mate it is

The wild East

and there isn't really much face to loose anymore as a country, the ever capable (in collecting money) police, yellow,red,blue,green,black shirts and Thaksin have taken care of that already

Edited by JohnBKKK

drastic action for sure, but id the courts were any use people respected the law, then the people having just lost the concession would have vacated as per their contract, it is a sad state of affairs when someone has to behave this way in order to be allowed to fulfil a contract

This only seems hard to believe if you look from the point of view that there is suck a thing as 'common sense'. In Thailand this has been replaced with 'common stupidity'.

Also, without integrity nothing can ever work. Integrity does not exist in Thailand.

Edited by Fatboysrule

The new concessionaire that was to take over the car park were awarded the concession by the AoT Revenue Committee who did so without informing the Board of Directors. Suvarnabhumi airport director Niran Theeranartsin approved the award. However, the AoT Board Chairman, Piyapan Champasut pointed out that the proposed contract with Pangram would have a lifespan of 15 years, when all concessions issued by the AoT that exceed five years needed to have board approval.

OK, On monday, the board ordered Suvarnabhumi airport director Niran Theeranartsin and Don Mueang airport chief Aniroot Thanomkulaboot to swap jobs. The changes were made to pave the way for an investigation into alleged irregularities involving a plan to allow Pangrum Retail Co to turn Suvarnabhumi's long-term parking lot into a commercial development named Suvarnabhumi Square.

And then, Transport Minister Sohpon Zarum got involved, and complained about Airports of Thailand Plc keeping him in the dark about major management changes and its operational plans. A Transport Ministry source said the minister was unhappy with the board's decision to move Mr Nirand from Suvarnabhumi.

So it would appear the interested party most concerned with going ahead with the concession would be the Bhumjaithai Party,

Hardly Reds under the beds stuff, is it.

This doesn't happen in the west because we have bigger disputes to deal with. In the last big one, the USA, UK and others send hundreds of thousands of soldiers to settle a dispute over oil in Iraq. They killed a few hundred thosand in the process just to show them who's really in charge of the oil. Thais fight over parking lots without killing anyone. We fight over oil and don't care how many we kill. So who's the most civilized?

• Like 2

A bit off subject, and I apologize to the mods, but the quote:

Integrity does not exist in Thailand.
makes me think of something else.

The Thai language actually does contain words such as: Integrity, Honesty, Respect, Common Sense. Unfortunately, in the dictionary they are all preceded by "We have no....."

:whistling:

• Like 2

SO SHOOT THEM. Where the hel_l is AIRPORT SECURITY? Wasn't there supposed to be a PLAN to prevent future takeovers of the airport? Honestly the level of incompetence just boggles the mind, somebody please fire the lot of them.

On second thoughts, maybe the men in black should be asked to take over airport security. At least they seem to have some sort of competence in that regard.

I didn't see any report of there being guns... Armed in Thailand could mean sticks ans stones.

Zone 2 Parking Lot at Airport Closed off by Armed Men.......

Why is it not in the media?

Nothing on the net from Bangkok post.

Amazing Thailand.....to think that this is the country that foreign investors pump millions of dollars into....

This country is a potential time bomb and the markets will suffer accordingly, hopefully sooner rather than later as the Thai baht is way to strong....

You just need to look around and it's plain to see that the Thai economy is not good, lots of businesses folding, many jobless due to a lack of tourists. If things are bad here and things aren't much better in our respective countries (with the exception of Oz), how can the govt keep saying that exports are up from the same period as last year. In a depressed economy you would expects exports to go down not up, TIT.... :whistling:

If they were Muslim insurgents in the South, the army would cordon off the area and shoot all dead regardless of whether they surrendered or not. Here they are probably army or police working for a mafia boss with political, military and police connections and the police just negotiate with the hired thugs. Neither approach is remotely lawful. As HMK said - the country will not survive if we cannot follow the rule of law.

Thai people and the Thai government has no backbone. They let anything happen no matter how dangerous it is, how badly it affects their economy, and how it negatively affects their people. It must be their "mai pen rai" mentality. That is why Thailand is still a backward "third world" country" . The Thai people are like sheep and will always follow the foreignors demands. Maybe that is good for foreignors. It is not good for the Thai people.

• Like 1