The Best Resturant In Chiang Mai

ChangMaiSausage

The queens restaurant at the bottom of doi sutep near the police station do a lovely pork steak and there salad's are amazing vegetables are from the royal project and the prices are reasonable .

but for cheap and cheerful i like (pad see eel -rad na )the big thai noodles cooked with kale on kwang sing road just as you go over from the superhighway it's on the left hand side lots of thais there everyday 30 baht .

I like to take my friends to this place wedged in between Changmai Commercial College and the Royal Guest House. It is only open during the day. Most expensive thing on the menu is 35 THB. Real thai food, real thai cooks, real thai customers. It's almost always dam_n near perfect.

If I wanted to show someone how to waste a lot of money on a mediocre meal, I would take them to one places along the river.

It's amazing how "2 succulently flame grilled prawns, done to perfection and served on a light bed of finest exotic jasmin rice, topped with a sprig of our own home garden grown holy basil" can cost a fortune in some places....and people pay it.

Pad grapow gai, kai dow suk, kaaw suay, laaw goh pepsi duay 50 baht.....wins hands down every time. wink.gif

When you know a place, they do not give you msg and sugar if you don't want it and they wash the wok every time.

Mai Sai Phong Churot=NO MSG. City Life did a great article on this recently. The same principles apply to Mexican food (heaven forbid there are any similarities in Mexicans and Thais). The best Mexican food is usually found at a place with paper napkins, possibly a taco stand type place. They cut back on the spices at the places catering to Americans. How many Mexicans could afford 2000 thb for dinner for two? How many Thais can? It's just out of their element.