The Best Bakery-Cafe In Pattaya

FarangBuddha

Went to the Friday Bua Khow market this morning. The lady went shopping and I went looking for a good cup of coffee. Saw a new "French" bakery on South Pattaya between Tuk Com and Friendship called Nice Delice. All I can say is WOW! What a find.

Dozens of cakes and tarts and other sweet goodness. A real French owner who says they have been open only a week. Everything looked delice indeed but could only try the 3-chocolate mouse and it was wonderful.

Lots of comfy seating both in and out. This place is a fine addition to the fine dining and cafe society of Pattaya :)

^was it a real mouse covered in 3 types of chocolate?

Or was it just the chocolate in the shape of a mouse?

Yes, good question. Of course, this is important- depending on whether your preference leans towards French desserts or French-Canadian, animal-shaped confections... :whistling:

post-72929-091294900 1287128291_thumb.jp

post-72929-050397100 1287128298_thumb.jp

Yes, good question. Of course, this is important- depending on whether your preference leans towards French desserts or French-Canadian, animal-shaped confections... :whistling:

It was definitely a French "mouse."

I was thinking more of those white chocolate mice shaped confections that I used to eat as a kid.

But as a French dessert can also contain meat, perhaps it really is made of mouse meat?

Wouldn't put it past those Frenchies, maybe they have frog and horse flavoured too?

Edited by PattayaParent

Is this the same as the one in Central Festival? If it is, they are truly delicious pastries. Well worth a visit

Yes it is....the owner said he had a shop at Central Festival but closed it...and this is his new location.

And yes Bubba, I have lived here many years and try to get to all the new restos and bakeries for a try at least once and this is probably one of the best I have seen in a long while. My other votes go to Brew & Bakery near Exzite Disco and of course, Sweet Recipe at Central Beach.

The coffee is not so good (the girls still wrestling with the machine and it's still getting the best of them) so I would recommend having tea instead...but have no hesitation about the cakes.

It was definitely a French "mouse."

I bought a new mouse recently but I;m thinking of taking it back as

it doesn't fit my hand properly and I find that it is difficult to double click with it !!

Nice cakes and other sweets. Pleasant seating inside and outside. I had strawberry cheesecake with a cup of coffee. The Frenchmen(owner)was pleasant and was sitting outside eating the food that he sells (A good sign?)

Check bin... I see the 50b or 60b charge for coffee and the 80b charge for the good tasting cheesecake. I then notice a 10b charge as well.

Well can you guess????

No, it wasn't the glass of water they give you for free by the way.

Believe it or not. The extra 10b charge was for the tiny bit of milk for the coffee according to the cashier/Thai wifey of the owner.

She was rather rude and grabbed the bin from my hand when I inquired about the 10b charge.

I gave the waitress a 20b tip (in her hand) so the bit*h wouldn't try to split the tip with the working waitress.

I feel sorry for the Frenchman having to deal with her.

On a positive note, the cheesecake was good and so was the coffee.

I did mention this to the Frenchman (The owner) when I left and he kind of seemed puzzled that his wife charged 10b for milk for the coffee. Not sure he really understood what I said as he was enjoying his food and English was not his first language.

Will I return?

If I am shopping at Friendship and have enough time left on my parking ticket from Friendship, yes. Otherwise No.

^

I did mention this to the Frenchman (The owner) ..... Not sure he really understood what I said ....English was not his first language.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Strange that English is not the first language of a Frenchman. :rolleyes:

Edited by luckyluke

Is this the same as the one in Central Festival? If it is, they are truly delicious pastries. Well worth a visit

Yes it is....the owner said he had a shop at Central Festival but closed it...and this is his new location.

And yes Bubba, I have lived here many years and try to get to all the new restos and bakeries for a try at least once and this is probably one of the best I have seen in a long while. My other votes go to Brew & Bakery near Exzite Disco and of course, Sweet Recipe at Central Beach.

The coffee is not so good (the girls still wrestling with the machine and it's still getting the best of them) so I would recommend having tea instead...but have no hesitation about the cakes.

how is it that staff traning appears to be non-existant here

Thanks I'm in Pattaya tomorrow , looking for good cakes and cheese. Will give them a try,

If you're in Central Beach Mall, check out Sweet Recipe up on the 5th floor for the best selection of cheese-cakes and layer-cakes in town; and Pan Pan in Jomtien if you're in that area :D

10 baht charge for a bit of milk in a coffee? Are they taking the piss? I can see that if it's reflected on the menu as different drink types, but as a surprise charge, that is RUDE.

Foreigners in Pattaya are rich and are expected by Thai's to act rich. So they can add on 10 baht if they want and we should not say anything.

10 baht charge for a bit of milk in a coffee? Are they taking the piss? I can see that if it's reflected on the menu as different drink types, but as a surprise charge, that is RUDE.

Foreigners in Pattaya are rich and are expected by Thai's to act rich. So they can add on 10 baht if they want and we should not say anything.

:whistling: Why not add 20bt? All farangs rich or stupid.B)

:whistling: Why not add 20bt? All farangs rich or stupid.B)

typical pattaya mentality. Short term thinkers.

All the service staff, long with the owners wife, were very polite and pleasant on my visit. I don't know about the B 10 charge, but most likely s staff mix-up of some sort.

Perhaps, but just for fun future customers should bother them with ASKING the actual full price before ordering. Interesting to see if they do any funny add ons with that scenario.