Khan Mongolian Buffet @ Homepro Village

seaeagle

All you can eat buffet is normally 399 baht, but it's on promotion for 299 baht for October.

Have beef, chicken, pork and duck for meats, and squid, mussels, salmon, barracuda and another white fish for seafood.

Drinks a little expensive, with a small glass of Chang Draught coming in at 75 baht.

They also offering an "All you can eat & drink" deal for 599 baht.

Kids eat for free, at least my 5 year old did.

Overall feeling was that this was okay for 299, and I may venture back this month. 399 I think is a little high, though.

Aren't these normally 99 Baht or 129 Baht in other restaurants? Seems expensive for down Chalong way to me.

Being in Homepro Village the rent is probably fairly high. This place opened earlier in the year doing a Royal Thai buffet, I walked in had a look & walked straight back out. What they are doing now seems to be their first reincarnation although the food list sounds similar to what I saw. As the OP said it was only OK at Baht 299. Based on this I feel it will not succeed.

We had a look to but did not stay for a meal.

There is a lot of competition with BBQ buffets and i prefer the ones where you select the food

and cook it at the table yourself, they are a lot cheaper and have a more social atmosphere if you are out with friends.

agreed, like very much the thai style BBQ (which is rather Mongolian) with buffet, and cooking on the table. must be outdoor, draft beer doesnt hurt and live music makes it even better.:D

In Phuket 129 baht seems to be the norm.

agreed, like very much the thai style BBQ (which is rather Mongolian) with buffet, and cooking on the table. must be outdoor, draft beer doesnt hurt and live music makes it even better.:D

you've been farang priced! the best thai buffet have been 99-109 baht outside of patong :)

We had a look to but did not stay for a meal.

There is a lot of competition with BBQ buffets and i prefer the ones where you select the food

and cook it at the table yourself, they are a lot cheaper and have a more social atmosphere if you are out with friends.

you've been farang priced! the best thai buffet have been 99-109 baht outside of patong :)

hmm , I like large shrimps, marinated chicken and pork, and tender beef:P if I get that at 129 baht, I m happy:D

in Hua Hin my favorit is 89 baht some days and 99 baht some days:)

the bill in a cheap BBQ depends more on the price of the drinks than price of the food

Edited by katabeachbum

For Aussies overseas who follow this forum.

A Thai BBQ buffet is where they bring a small round charcoal BBQ to your table.

The BBQ has a water trough around the edge which is kept simmering by the charcoal.

You have a large selection of meats and seafood you cook yourself on the BBQ

and different vegetables You can cook in the water, some people cook there seafood in the water to,

129 Baht is under $5 AUD. and a large bottle of beer is $2 to $3 AUD.

I am sure people from other country's can do a price comparison to.

Very cheap and good fun with the company of friends.

best one is next to the major supercheap.. there's a reason that thais queue to get a table

I believe the most popular one is between BigC and Central, on the corner facing Kathu

you have not been to the one next to supercheap. Is's twice as big, there's a wait list. There's a lot more food(outside of the regular stuff) there's 7-8 cooks. They also carry asahi beer, the best quality meat of all of them and the most thai oriented sauce(which i find a little sad because im used to the other places with bunch of farang or korean traveling tours coming where they have a lot of tasty sauces)

best one is next to the major supercheap.. there's a reason that thais queue to get a table

I believe the most popular one is between BigC and Central, on the corner facing Kathu

We have not been for awhile, the one near Big C has plenty of parking.

Parking is a problem at Supercheap.

When we went the food was equally as good at both places

The one by Big C is not good anymore. No beef, shrimp gone or bad quality and no beef. Last time I went there, a huge rat jumped off the ceiling to our table.

Having been to Khan´s, the price is not good. But, the quality of the meat and seafood is far superior.