What Are Most Useful Phone Numbers And Weblinks For Foreigners In/Around Cm ?

bangkokcitylimits

What good numbers and/or adresses and weblinks do you know, or is there a list somewhere with this information ?

I believe there was a list with emergency numbers on the old version of Thaivisa/chiangmai.

Working on an index phone numbers/adresses/links varying from 'when things go really wrong or when I die'

to 'the best man to repair my leaking roof' etc. etc. etc.

Perhaps someone knows something that should really be included in the index.

Thanks.

There's a lot of information in the Directory here we are building

OK, thanks. I wonder, are they seriously building this one or is this practically an abandoned project ?

Where are the doctors and other emergency links ?

my first 2 picks:

Massage shops (1) B-BEEZ MASSAGE .BY MEN FOR MEN emoa.gif (their website you mention does not exist)

Bars (3) Living Room Bar (their website you mention does not exist)

Links are not clickable. etc etc.

-

I have years of experience with building and maintaining professional index sites and portals, currently working on one for the expats (and locals ofcourse), but way more functional and up to date (links daily checked both automatically and manually), Including red dial buttons to emergency services, first aid tips, selected lawyers etc. etc. and the technical and social sections etc.. It's non profit and 100% independent. Soon as it's up and running I will mention it.

More links/adresses/phonenumbers you have experience with are welcome, if they are good please share them.

Thanks.

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

There's a lot of information in the Directory here we are building

'a lot' is a bit of an over-statement. it looks like a directory you've given up on. abandoned project, as he said.

0 railway stations, 0 bus stations, 0 airlines 0 golf courses 0 guest houses 0 cinemas and better still 0 massage shops . not even the basic information is there. it's one thing to promote your own business but not really good advice. nice try though.

Edited by november222

Troll comment removed.

Why not help build it up? Anyone can add links and info. Just as anyone can sit and whinge too, I guess :D

No way ! This subsite they started about a year ago (far as I remember, I can be wrong) and still no links in it, incorrect information, not upto date, any important basic information missing... It looks like the companies that are listed they paid for it, that is not good, independent information.

It has everything of an abandoned illusion. Something I always have with girlfriends :lol:

TV is THE source to get a page like this up and running and maintained in no time !

I have no interest of the book of what, where, and how. As I was new here about a year ago, I bought it at the Ex-pats' Club, though I've seen this year's Chiang Mai edition at bookstores around town.

On its back page are Emergency telephone numbers including some that I've added to my phone's listings, fire, tourist police and so forth (my own insurance agent I had to figure out for myself).

My favorite is the listing for the Crime Suppression Division, as I cannot figure out how it differs from police in general.

Anyway, it is a useful start for my telephone purposes and even has listings for M/C and Visa.

Edited by CMX

Help in an Emergency: Tel 191 <LI>Airport Tourist Police: Tel 05 3- 922191 <LI>Ambulance Police: Tel 199 <LI>Ambulance Service: Tel 1669 <LI>Ambulance Radio Centre 053 - 121052 <LI>Directory Enquiries: Tel 1113 <LI>Disaster Rescue Unit: Tel 053 - 259354 <LI>Electricty Problems: Tel 053 - 241777 <LI>Fire: Tel 199 <LI>Tourist Authority Of Thailand Northern Office: Tel 053-248604, 1672 <LI>Tourist Police: Tel 1699 <LI>Traffic Accidents: Tel 1193 <LI>Vehicle Theft Police: Tel 1192 <LI>Water Problems: Tel 053 - 233479 <LI>Mastercard (Toll Free ) : Tel 001-800-11-887-0663 <LI>Visa (Toll Free ) : Tel 001-800-11-535-0660 <LI>Immigration Bureau (Police): Tel: +66 53 277 510

Troll comment removed.

Why not help build it up? Anyone can add links and info. Just as anyone can sit and whinge too, I guess :D

instead of criticising people why dont you take a proper look at it. it looks like you're not bothered. if you don't even put the basic info in - railway stations, airport, - its gonna look like your not interested. if you're not serious about it, why should anyone else be? you've built up an environment where no-one is allowed to criticise and now you can't tell legitimate complaints from whingeing.

this is not a troll.

You could browse through here and pick from the various categories. Chiang Mai Yellow Pages

Nice, just did a brief check and the first 6 website links (in the restaurant section) ALL were dead links.

Good set-up but no maintenance makes pages like this unreliable, and even can cost lives when it's phone numbers of ambulances etc. that are not up to data.

But thanks :wai: I'll take the best information of this CM Yellow pages to use for my own version. :lol:

Troll comment removed.

instead of criticising people why dont you take a proper look at it. it looks like you're not bothered. if you don't even put the basic info in - railway stations, airport, - its gonna look like your not interested. if you're not serious about it, why should anyone else be? you've built up an environment where no-one is allowed to criticise and now you can't tell legitimate complaints from whingeing.

this is not a troll.

jumping-smileys-emoticons47.gif

Sounds to me like a good and helpful idea BCL. Would make a nice iPhone app. :)

Any suggestions for iPhone apps ? I have no experience with things like that. How you'd like that app ?

:thumbsup:

Sorry but I have less than zero experience with that sort of thing. blink.gif

But just think of a having a database of sorts, with names, addresses, numbers, websites, and emails for emergency and other "professional services" in the CM area. Being able to carry it in your mobile device, and just have to tap the URL, email addy, or phone number of one of those services to immediately view, contact, or call that service. Maybe even link to google earth or maps to show the location, and have your present GPS location showing in relation to where that service is located... aw hel_l, who am I kidding. I'd have no idea how to do something like that, really.

Sounded good though... cool.gif

Any suggestions for iPhone apps ? I have no experience with things like that. How you'd like that app ?

But just think of a having a database of sorts, with names, addresses, numbers, websites, and emails for emergency and other "professional services" in the CM area. Being able to carry it in your mobile device, and just have to tap the URL, email addy, or phone number of one of those services to immediately view, contact, or call that service. Maybe even link to google earth or maps to show the location, and have your present GPS location showing in relation to where that service is located... aw hel_l, who am I kidding. I'd have no idea how to do something like that, really.

Mobile app is actually a very good suggestion, because situations where we need whatever information urgently happen anywhere not just at home.

Will do some brainstorming on this, after my current project.

Thxx ;-)

Mobile app is actually a very good suggestion, because situations where we need whatever information urgently happen anywhere not just at home.

Will do some brainstorming on this, after my current project.

Thxx ;-)

Would take some serious research and legwork but would be quite handy at that. Just PM me when you've finished and I'll give you an address for where to send the royalty checks. thumbsup.gif

Chok dee! biggrin.gif