Pregnant Wife Of Jailed Foreigner Drowned In Na Jomtien

webfact

Tragic drowning in Na Jomtien

SATTAHIP: -- The pregnant wife of a jailed foreigner, was thought to have drowned after drinks at a Na Jomtien restaurant where she had gone to be with her waiter friend, a restaurant employee.

Sattahip, 27 October 2010, [PDN]: The body of a Thai woman who apparently drowned in the sea near Khrua Suk Jai Restaurant, Na Jomtien, was carried to the beach by her waiter friend, who subsequently, notified police.

A response team was duly organized, consisting of Sawang Rodjanatham paramedics and police led by Police Lieutenant Anon Infong (Na Jomtien Police Investigator), arrived shortly after 6.30 pm on October 26 to find the body of Mrs. Ngamjit Suwanna [43], from Khonkaen upon the shore.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-10-27

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

UPDATE

Pregnant woman drowns at remote beach close to Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- A Thai Woman, whose foreign husband was recently sent to prison, was found face-down floating in the sea at a remote beach in the Na-Jomtien area, just outside of Pattaya. Police and rescue services were called to the scene and inspected the body of Khun Najit aged 43. There were no visible signs of trauma and she was fully clothed.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2010-10-27

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Tragic, and we will never now if it was an accident or a conscious decision brought on board by the prospect of being alone and pregnant as her husband was sent off to jail. Do we know for what he was jailed, seeing as he was a foreigner?

I hate to wander off topic here, but I cannot see any of the stories on PDN. Is it one of those "Internet Explorer only" sites that the Thais seem to love so much?

Worked fine with Safari browser fine too. Quite a sad and incomplete story. The "reporters" in Thailand don't seem to know how to do their job and report an in depth story... I'm sure we are all wondering what her foreign husband was jailed for, that drove her to take life...

I hate to wander off topic here, but I cannot see any of the stories on PDN. Is it one of those "Internet Explorer only" sites that the Thais seem to love so much?

Got the same problem. Can only view the page correctly in IE, not Firefox.

Curious though is he the father? He's been in jail presumably before going to prison? Thai justice system being what it is and all maybe that was part of her distress was how she was going to handle this and maybe even tell him of her pregnancy when he knew he was in jail the last 3 months (not specified)? Strange that it all happened shortly after her conversation with this "friend" who she had been seeking comfort from since his incarceration??... Me thinks there is some pieces missing from this potentially tragic drama :whistling: ...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Curious though is he the father? He's been in jail presumably before going to prison? Thai justice system being what it is and all maybe that was part of her distress was how she was going to handle this and maybe even tell him of her pregnancy when he knew he was in jail the last 3 months (not specified)? Strange that it all happened shortly after her conversation with this "friend" who she had been seeking comfort from since his incarceration??... Me thinks there is some pieces missing from this potentially tragic drama :whistling: ...

Well I had the same thoughts yesterday and decided to not post it, purely because there is no information about how long he has been inside. But of course it is a possibility that you are correct.