New Pie Feed Back

SausageKing

I guess I'm just too much an American, but somehow the idea of a pie with meal just seems wrong. OK, maybe a chicken pot pie, but otherwise pies are suppose to be made with fruit and served as dessert. So how about a nice apple pie and a blueberry pie, made with real Michigan apples and blueberries? I used to buy blueberries fresh during the short Michigan season and fill an entire freezer with them. Yum! We enjoyed blueberry pancakes year 'round, but not blueberry pie because I never quite figured out how to make 'em.

For fruit pies try 'Butter is Better'. Their mango pie is extraordinary - a long way from Michigan.

Wow i only dropped the Beef & Chicken Pot Pies for you last night, what did you think of them ? quote name='harrry' timestamp='1288401009' post='3989763']

The four meat hot pot pies you sold me are gone now .....the chicken are still there but I caught people looking at them...there was just no room to eat them.

I guess I'm just too much an American, but somehow the idea of a pie with meal just seems wrong.

We have pot pies with meat and vegetables and English/Aussie meat pies are not much different. Both are good. :)

My main gripe about meat pies is that everyone seems to be using puff pastry now and I much prefer a traditional pie crust.

We at Sausage King use a traditional pie crust. and puff pastry on sausage rolls.

I guess I'm just too much an American, but somehow the idea of a pie with meal just seems wrong.

We have pot pies with meat and vegetables and English/Aussie meat pies are not much different. Both are good. :)

My main gripe about meat pies is that everyone seems to be using puff pastry now and I much prefer a traditional pie crust.

I guess I'm just too much an American, but somehow the idea of a pie with meal just seems wrong. OK, maybe a chicken pot pie, but otherwise pies are suppose to be made with fruit and served as dessert. So how about a nice apple pie and a blueberry pie, made with real Michigan apples and blueberries? I used to buy blueberries fresh during the short Michigan season and fill an entire freezer with them. Yum! We enjoyed blueberry pancakes year 'round, but not blueberry pie because I never quite figured out how to make 'em.

I too am an American and have eaten many of pot pies back at home.:licklips: Swanson introduced the frozen kind in 1951 but still prefer the home made deep dish kind, beef, pork, lamb, chicken. The deep dish kind has been around since the founding of the USA. As for the British and Australian meat pies...OUTSTANDING.:thumbsup: Oh, I still love our apple pie.:D