Astra Tv In Pattaya

Mobi

I have noticed that an increasing number if bars and pubs are showing live sport from an 'Astra' tv link, which I understand comes from Malaysia.

Does anyone in Pattaya have any details on this set up and how I can go about getting it installed in my home?

Presumably I need a dish and a decoder box?

PS - cannot edit the spelling mistake in the title of this thread. Isn't it about time that someone made this possible?

Edited by Mobi

It is in that gray area of legal or not. At the moment it is pirated.:whistling:

It is not pirated. You will require sat box, dish and viewing card. The viewing card is not pirated and is sourced from Malaysia!! The only time it is illegal is when it is used to show sports etc in the clubs and bars who haven't payed for an entertainment license. In your home it is not a problem period!!!

Try these guys for prices and installation in the Pattaya area http://www.comsat.co...ndex.php?id=135

Good luck

IW

Thanks for the info. (BTW I now realise it is Astro not Astra)

If I hadn't just subscribed with True Visions for a year I might have considered this but the cost is too high just to watch the Ashes cricket,

Installation cost is 16k ((HD26K), minimum package with sports channels is 11K, a one time 'card charge' is 3k and the Ashes will be 'pay per view', maybe another 2-3K.

So I am looking at 30K+ just to watch cricket.

I think I'll take my chances with Live TV streaming, and when True Visions expires, look at this again.