American Football

ChuckZ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here, from the True online schedule, is their football schedule for Sunday night/Monday day Nov. 10 on True Sport 4....

Note the one-hour later BKK start times for the live game broadcasts due to the recent time change in the U.S. It looks like the True magazine this month only listed the games, but no mention of which teams were on tap...

BUFFALO BILLS @ NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (10-NOV-2008)

10-Nov-2008 01:00 am

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS (10-NOV-2008)

10-Nov-2008 04:15 am

BUFFALO BILLS @ NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (10-NOV-2008)

10-Nov-2008 18:30 pm

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS (10-NOV-2008)

10-Nov-2008 21:30 pm

The printed magazine says the initial games are midnight and 3:15 am, which clearly are wrong times because of the U.S. time change.

The magazine also lists the repeat times as 15:30 and 18:30 on Monday, which I presume also are wrong and that the online schedule is more up to date.... But I wouldn't guarantee it...knowing True.

hey OMR,

i bet you're more than ready for the return of romo this week . . tough game against the skins. i actually might be rooting for you this week . . not sure if i will be able to lower myself to such a level though :o

my eagles had a chance to steal one last week, but were doomed by andy reid's stubborness and inability to adjust during the game . . oh well, we should be able to handle cincy this week . .

Edited by qwunk89

hey OMR,

i bet you're more than ready for the return of romo this week . . tough game against the skins. i actually might be rooting for you this week . . not sure if i will be able to lower myself to such a level though :o

my eagles had a chance to steal one last week, but were doomed by andy reid's stubborness and inability to adjust during the game . . oh well, we should be able to handle cincy this week . .

I have tried to root for the Eagles in several of their games, but can't. It is just not in me.

Romo will help, but until the Cowboys find a defense, the offense will need to score in the 30's and then hope. Kind of like the Pats today, scoring 31 and still losing. I remember Wade came in promising to make the Cowboys the #1 defense. Instead, they are moving in the opposite direction.

hey patsfangr . . even though the jets won in overtime, pretty impressive combeack by cassell. is he growing on you?

tom brady who? qb controversy in NE :o

No QB who can't hit a pass of over 20 yards (Cassel is 0 for his last 12) can succeed in the NFL. Cassel has a great heart, and is a quality BACKUP; but no more.

Great coaching and a talented supporting cast have kept the Patriots alive thus far. But, with Cassel at QB, they have absolutely no chance of going beyond the first round of the Playoffs, IF they get a Playoff spot.

Many things can happen to all of the contending teams between now and the end of the regular season; so I have no prediction as to whether or not the Patriots will get to the Playoffs. But I must, with regret, predict with a high degree of certainty, that they will go no further than the first week of the Playoffs, if they do get there. Just too many player losses this year, on both offense and defense. But, obviously, the one that is the most damaging is the loss of Tom Brady. The gap between him and Matt Cassel is ... I have no words for it!

hey OMR,

I have tried to root for the Eagles in several of their games, but can't. It is just not in me.

Romo will help, but until the Cowboys find a defense, the offense will need to score in the 30's and then hope. Kind of like the Pats today, scoring 31 and still losing. I remember Wade came in promising to make the Cowboys the #1 defense. Instead, they are moving in the opposite direction.

yes, why is this? they have players everywhere on D. seems like there dline in underperforming this year, especially their d tackles. or maybe just lack of team chemistry and playing together?

Edited by qwunk89

hey patsfangr . . even though the jets won in overtime, pretty impressive combeack by cassell. is he growing on you?

tom brady who? qb controversy in NE :o

No QB who can't hit a pass of over 20 yards (Cassel is 0 for his last 12) can succeed in the NFL. Cassel has a great heart, and is a quality BACKUP; but no more.

Great coaching and a talented supporting cast have kept the Patriots alive thus far. But, with Cassel at QB, they have absolutely no chance of going beyond the first round of the Playoffs, IF they get a Playoff spot.

Many things can happen to all of the contending teams between now and the end of the regular season; so I have no prediction as to whether or not the Patriots will get to the Playoffs. But I must, with regret, predict with a high degree of certainty, that they will go no further than the first week of the Playoffs, if they do get there. Just too many player losses this year, on both offense and defense. But, obviously, the one that is the most damaging is the loss of Tom Brady. The gap between him and Matt Cassel is ... I have no words for it!

yeah, just messing around. but you gotta admit things aren't as bad as they seemed a few weeks ago . . belichick will find a way to be competitive. and with the NFL this year, you just never know . .

hey OMR,

yes, why is this? they have players everywhere on D. seems like there dline in underperforming this year, especially their d tackles. or maybe just lack of team chemistry and playing together?

Something like this doesn't happen on other teams. It has to come down to coaching. We lost a lot of great coaches when Parcels left. It is now showing. You mention the tackles. Spot on. We used one of our 1st and our 5th round draft picks last year on DB's. Now, Philips is deciding that the 5th (Scandrick) is better than the 1st (tiptoe Jenkins). What a waste. We could have used that 1st on a tackle to replace Spears who has been a huge disappointment.

Also, Jones bringing in Pacman didn't help. Pacman's problems were never like Tank Johnson's or T.O.'s. Both of these guys have matured, but Pacman is simply bad news. All it did was create a disruption that no team needs.

Finally, I don't think the Cowboys have a leader in their defense. There isn't anyone on defense like a Ray Lewis who can close doors, scream and be listened to. When Romo is playing, at least the offense has fire. The defense has no fire. Nobody steps up.

JSAT is a satellite provider. I'm still not quite sure how this works, but one of it's channels is ESPN international, which has ESPN programming out of the US, especially college games. I dunno if anyone is interested in hookking it up, but I live in an apartment so I'm not sure if my condo will allow me to get this.

But if anyone gives it a try lemme know how well it works, I just might consider moving...

any one have new info re american football in thai?

The TrueVisions site shows that the NFL games tonight will be on the True Sport 2 channel; not TS 4, as they normally are.

It's SF @ Dallas at 1 AM; followed by the Giants @ Arizona at 4:15.

was able to find monday night game on asto supersport channel 55. where do you find listings for true sport 2?

was able to find monday night game on asto supersport channel 55. where do you find listings for true sport 2?

You can find the TrueVisions schedule by going to their website, and entering "nfl" in the 'Keyword' window of the Search section. Also enter the from - to dates. The URL is: http://www.truevisionstv.com

Tonight's (tomorrow morning) games are:

025: CAROLINA PANTHERS @ GREEN BAY PACKERS (01-DEC-2008)01-Dec-2008 01:00

026: PITTSBURGH STEELERS @ NEW ENGLAND PATROITS (01-DEC-2008)01-Dec-2008 04:15

I think Mean Machine versus the Muay Thai All Stars would be a great game, but I don't suppose that qualifies as useful information...

nice

Back when I played, my team might have stunk, but we didn't wear panties.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

You can find the TrueVisions schedule by going to their website, and entering "nfl" in the 'Keyword' window of the Search section. Also enter the from - to dates. The URL is: http://www.truevisionstv.com

thanks for the info.

it just gets better by the day...

take panthers as spread is pick

take steelers and the 1 point.

I didn't check out this entire topic but I had my parents by what is called a sling box.. It has worked wonders this football season but you need a decent internet connection on both sides of the pond..

Yes, DM, you will need a decent connection here, as well as in the USA. You also have to have "control" of the home base TV, as I understand it. So, your parents TV would have to be tuned the station that you want to watch, at any given time.

I'm not certain of the specifics of operation; and I'd appreciate an update on it from you, if and when you set it up.

I have a slingbox pro and it was easier than I thought to set up.. Actually I set it up over the phone, I was in Thailand and my father in Texas with the box. I downloaded the software over the net, he installed the software on our home network, 15 minutes later I was watching the pregame show for Texas vs OU. I had them buy it as a last minute effort to watch some college football and it hasn't disappointed.

The coolest part about the thing is that I can not only control the channel being watched but I can also view an interactive guide to tell me what's on each channel so I don't have to channel surf. Of course this is only on the pc software, the mac app only gives you the remote control option but that is no problem seeing as I have mac os and windows xp installed on my macbook.

You can even control your dvr if you have one at home... the more expensive slingbox prohd has a built in digital tuning function that makes it pretty nice..

For slow Thai connections, I keep the streaming quality low (yes, you can control that too) for a smoother viewing experience. See pictures below.. If I have time I will boot up windows and show you the guide..

post-45469-1228140372_thumb.png

Edited by Digitalman

Oh here is some linkage

http://www.slingmedia.com/go/slingbox-pro-connections

Too bad for Plex huh? Shoots his dam_n self, ouch.. He killed my fantasy team this year...

Thanks for the info, DM! What was the cost of the Slingbox? I didn't realize that the channel of the base TV could be controlled from the remote location. So all you need on this end is software on your PC. That's great! You know, it might be worth having someone by a very small, cheap TV, and a Slingbox. That way, you could get what you want here, while not interfering with their "primary" TV there.

I did see that Carolina-Green Bay game yesterday morning (via 'NFL Game Pass); and it was a good one. As for Burress, I had him on one of my 3 FF teams. I traded him to a guy two weeks ago! WHEW! No, I'm not clairvoyent; just lucky!

Oh here is some linkage

http://www.slingmedia.com/go/slingbox-pro-connections

Too bad for Plex huh? Shoots his dam_n self, ouch.. He killed my fantasy team this year...

Thanks for the info, DM! What was the cost of the Slingbox? I didn't realize that the channel of the base TV could be controlled from the remote location. So all you need on this end is software on your PC. That's great! You know, it might be worth having someone by a very small, cheap TV, and a Slingbox. That way, you could get what you want here, while not interfering with their "primary" TV there.

I did see that Carolina-Green Bay game yesterday morning (via 'NFL Game Pass); and it was a good one. As for Burress, I had him on one of my 3 FF teams. I traded him to a guy two weeks ago! WHEW! No, I'm not clairvoyent; just lucky!

sometimes better to be lucky than good