American Football

ChuckZ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FANTASTIC, INDEED!

So tell me, Mr Polian, how did that strategy of surrendering shot a perfect season in order to win the Super Bowl work out for you?! :-)

Now, does anybody think that the Colts, with their ONE Super Bowl win, deserve the title of "Team of the Decade" over the Patriots - who, for those not keeping count, won THREE of them in the decade?

(Biased? You bet your a$$ I'm biased!!)

Easiest 100 Baht I've ever made! And took it of an American.

From an outsiders perspective it appears the MVP award ALWAYS goes to the Quarter back. OK give him the accolades but I would have thought the intercept and 74 yard touchdown by Tracy Porter was the game winner so, IMO, another and just as respected award should be made to a player other than the QB.

Just my 2 cents worth.

From an outsiders perspective it appears the MVP award ALWAYS goes to the Quarter back. OK give him the accolades but I would have thought the intercept and 74 yard touchdown by Tracy Porter was the game winner so, IMO, another and just as respected award should be made to a player other than the QB.

Just my 2 cents worth.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, as I view it, games are won with consistent positive performance throughout the game. One play doesn't win it. The Saints scored 24 points on offense in that game. Most of those were the result of consistently positive performance by Drew Brees, and others. Brees stood out because the nature of the game puts most of the pressure on the QB; and requires excellent performance from that position more so than from any other (unless the team runs the ball much more than it passes, as is the case, for example, with the NY Jets).

So I totally support the awarding of the MVP trophy to Drew Brees. WHO DAT?!

FANTASTIC, INDEED!

So tell me, Mr Polian, how did that strategy of surrendering shot a perfect season in order to win the Super Bowl work out for you?! :-)

Now, does anybody think that the Colts, with their ONE Super Bowl win, deserve the title of "Team of the Decade" over the Patriots - who, for those not keeping count, won THREE of them in the decade?

(Biased? You bet your a$$ I'm biased!!)

It goes to the Patriots, hands down. Why even bring it up? It isn't in question.

The hard part for me, knowing the Cowboys went into New Orleans with the Saints going for a perfect season (with all Saints starters playing the entire game), is seeing the Saints win the SB. We all felt if the Cowboys could get past the Vikings they would beat the Saints again (no reason why they wouldn't have), and seeing the Colts against a good NFC team, the Cowboys would have walked away with it. Oh those Vikings. Childress did a great job of coaching.

Still, as Dandy Don used to say, "if ifs and buts were candied nuts we would all have a helluva Christmas".

THE SAINTS WIN :)

WHO DAT?

For all you Cowboys fans, here's a joke.

Question:What do they call professional football players in Texas that sit around and watch the SuperBowl on a wide-screen televison set?

Answer: The Dallas Cowboys...because they never play in Superbowl games anyhow, so they have time to kill on Superbowl Sunday.

:D

Edited by IMA_FARANG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
From Jorge Arangure, ESPN: Hey I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win. Now he has. Indeed.

I am going to take a wild guess and say you are a Saints fan. OK, repeating is tough. What kind of draft did you guys have?

It is going to be interesting to see how Ryan Perriloux does in the pro's. He is currently on the Vikings. Some may recall he was the most highly sought after QB coming out of high school and he went to LSU where he had loads of troubles (off the field). Then he went to Jacksonville State and last year was the Ohio Valley Conference Player of the year.

Perriloux has all the talent to make it in the NFL, provided he doesn't have the off field problems. This guy is a big time talent.

• 2 months later...

Ten Pre-season NFL games on AXN:

1. Aug 9 - 0700 Cincinnati @ Dallas

2. Aug l1- 0700 Carolina @ Baltimore Bay

3. Aug 17- 0700 NY Giants @ NY Jets

4. Aug 20- 0700 New England @ Atlanta

5. Aug 23- 0700 Minnesota @ SF

6. Aug 24- 0700 Arizona @ Tennessee

7. Aug 27- 0700 Indianapolis @ Green Bay

8. Aug 28- 0700 San Diego @ New Orleans

9. Aug 29- 0700 Dallas @ Houston

10. Aug 30- 0700 Pittsburgh @ Denver

Edited by Thaigreg

• 6 months later...

Hi,

First of all I want to apologize for some of the members that give you such crazy answers and often only ask you more question. It becomes disturbing especially after you have posted a completely valid question and simply would like a decent answer or at least a best guess.

As of about a year ago there were 3 major signal or cable carriers and quite a few others that may well be as good but more headache to try and get ordered and installed. In my opinion and from my experience it mainly depends on where in Thailand you live.

I lived in Bangkok for about two years and subscribed to UBC which was excellent service and signal and it was brought to me nearly transparent or little trouble as it seemed more like typical American cable installation and hardware and price.

I later moved to Northeast Thailand and my wife's family convinced me to pay someone to bring a 3 mtr (huge) dish and instal with the garantee that I would only pay a one time cost and would have 125 channels forever. Two weeks later the entire face of that technology changed in Thailand and I ended up with only 12 Thai only channels. Fortunately the purchase still wasn't enormous; about 16,500 thb. There are many resellers and installers in Thailand but after that I decided to go with a "name brand". "TRUE MOVE". I live in a very remote area and since TOT is the handler and installer for the very small satellite dish my installation was actually completed the very same day I first called and service has been extremely well for more than 18 months now. You can see there website to get an idea of what packages they offer as the are nearly identical to the packages offered in the U.S. Silver, Gold and Platinum. I think you will have to get the Platinum package to regularly view programming such as the Super Bowl and especially to view it live however TOT does also offer Pay-Per-View for certain programs.

I have the Gold package and am completely satisfied for about 1,500 thb / month and I'm real picky about my television.

I hope this helps because I still cannot answer your question about the SuperBowl since my wife and I have just arrived for a little holiday at BangSaen Beach, 10 hours from our home.