Weather Warning

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can also check here under precipitation it prdicts the same.

All available reference sources:

Click here for the Thai Meteorological Department's forecast for Koh Samui.

Click here to see the Accuweather 15-day forecast for Samui.

Click here or Click here to see the most recent radar image.

Click here for the TMD's general forecast for Thailand.

Click here for Windguru Koh samui.

Click here for Thaivisa Koh Samui weather.

click here for Wunderground.

Click here for Wolframalpha.

not saying that windguru is wrong, but i use them for windspeed, wind direction and wave info and then perhaps confirmation of precipitation from other sources.

on any given day here you can check three different forecasts and get three completely different results.

not saying that windguru is wrong, but i use them for windspeed, wind direction and wave info and then perhaps confirmation of precipitation from other sources.

on any given day here you can check three different forecasts and get three completely different results.

I look at all, then go back to my crystal ball .

Seaweed is also a pretty good indicator, as is the onset of rheumatism in my left shoulder.

Did Mr Windguru have a few too many last night??!!- amazing predictions for tomorrow!! ohh la la- http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=30397

i like to make a paste out of my tea leaves and apply them to my bum knee, then stand outside facing due north and expose my dental fillings to the sea breeze.

makes for great radio reception.

Are you the one that lights up during a lightning strike?

Windguru has just updated their forecast. Now it's 83.7 mm. in 3 hours early Monday, with a gradual build up over the course of today. I guess this is the last bit of monsoon for this year, as the next days seem nice and dry.

My rain forecast generally comes from looking at the snales around the house. The higher they climb, the more rain they (and thus I) expect. They are now up the 2,5 meter mark and still climbing. :unsure:

When is all this rain going to stop ? :o I want the sun ! I'm fed up of getting soaked most days.

bangkok is proper sunshine. not sure how much more i can be bother to take. might go for a holiday to pattaya till al this blows over.

When is all this rain going to stop ? :o I want the sun ! I'm fed up of getting soaked most days.

bangkok is proper sunshine. not sure how much more i can be bother to take. might go for a holiday to pattaya till al this blows over.

In fact, there has not been any rain in BKK for almost a month (though I was out of the country for 4 days in mid-NOV).

the sun shines, and a lovely breeze everywhere here in the suburbs....

i like to make a paste out of my tea leaves and apply them to my bum knee, then stand outside facing due north and expose my dental fillings to the sea breeze.

makes for great radio reception.

Are you the one that lights up during a lightning strike?

that's my brother Darryl.

7.15 pm and it's been chucking it down in Chaweng for more than an hour.

this weather is proper pissong me off. just come down from bangers clear blue skys there. might ride out the weather in pattaya. anyome want in. Samui to Utapal. up for a walk down the old street. go go go!!!

Latest Thai Met release.

General Situation at 16:00 PM local Time During 6-9 December,

Another ridge of intense high pressure from China will cover upper Thailand. Cooler weather, 4-6 °C drops and windy. It has affect to the Northeast at first and then to the others.

The northeast monsoon prevails over the south and the Gulf of Thailand will strengthen. Abundant rains and isolated heavy to very heavy fall are likely in the south from Chumphon southward. People in the risky areas in the areas should beware of flooding conditions during 6-9 December. Wind wave in the Gulf will strengthen. All ships should proceed with caution during the period.

http://www.aeromet.t...t_image/sat.asp

http://www2.tmd.go.th/radar/

Living on Samui 20+ years, I have mostly seen rainy weather during November AND December, in some years until mid/end January. This are the monsoon months. We were lucky in the last couple years, that December weather was really nice.

Living on Samui 20+ years, I have mostly seen rainy weather during November AND December, in some years until mid/end January. This are the monsoon months. We were lucky in the last couple years, that December weather was really nice.

True, but over the last 20 years we have also seen unconstrained development which is having a direct effect on the absorption and draining off of the water.

Oh dear. Having been in the middle of winter for five weeks now, blue skies every day here in chiang mai, am coming down to your neck of the woods a week on friday - the 17th. Don't get to the beaches so often these days, being so far north, and recent trips have all been rain and wind.

Do tell me that by end of next week things will be nice and sunny and dry, with amazing sunsets...

I know december down there is hit and miss, but what do seasoned observers predict for me?!

Oh dear. Having been in the middle of winter for five weeks now, blue skies every day here in chiang mai, am coming down to your neck of the woods a week on friday - the 17th. Don't get to the beaches so often these days, being so far north, and recent trips have all been rain and wind.

Do tell me that by end of next week things will be nice and sunny and dry, with amazing sunsets...

I know december down there is hit and miss, but what do seasoned observers predict for me?!

Yep - today the sun shone, the tourists appeared on the streets and people complained about the heat again.

Too early to say that the monsoons are over, but only a few showers forecast for the next week.

Amazing sunset tonight from Plai Laem B) Come on down.

(Forgot to say - back up to 30 degrees C from a chilly 23. :o)

Edited by Tropicalevo