Northern Adventure - Part 2

dunder

7 in the morning and I needed to try the last part of route 120 from Chiang Mai to Phayao. Fantastic and superbike friendly road even though you better be careful in some of the sharp curves if you want to ride it. Sand, gravel and liter bikes is a bad combination!

Unfortunately the low standing morning sun destroyed a lot of my filmed material, but a few minutes were decent enough to publish.

Hope you enjoy,

ThunderofBkk

ps. If you like my videos you can subscribe on youtube since I'm not sure I want to publish them here in the future

Guess many readers aren't truly understanding of the capabilities of those bike; which given available power your driving it very responsibly and conservatively (on the 11 too). Not telling you, only the criticizers.

Also love the 120, enjoyed several rides in groups on 250 Kawakers - with throttles pinned almost the whole way.

And at least the music is tolerable with this vid.....

Any 1148 video?

Guess many readers aren't truly understanding of the capabilities of those bike; which given available power your driving it very responsibly and conservatively (on the 11 too). Not telling you, only the criticizers.

I guess I couln't have said it better! :jap:

Also love the 120, enjoyed several rides in groups on 250 Kawakers - with throttles pinned almost the whole way.

The 120 is awesome. I did it for the first time on this trip and I had to do it a second time already the day after. I can't believe I have missed it before!

And at least the music is tolerable with this vid.....

Haha.. it is hard to please all with the music (not talking about the filmed material). I think the music fits the scenery and the responsible riding quite well though ;)

Any 1148 video?

I'm not sure. I did a few loops but I don't know the numbers of all roads I went on. I will have to look at google maps before I edit my next video clip

Thanks for your input Fishenough!

Dunder

@fishenough

Now I looked at google maps.. I didn't ride the 1148 to Nan but I have heard good things about it! I went on the 1091 instead which was a really nice road too imo

cheers

The 1148 is amazing, a must ride next time. With the 1148 those legs go all the way up.....hmmm I mean those corner go all the way around, or so it seems. :D

@fishenough

Now I looked at google maps.. I didn't ride the 1148 to Nan but I have heard good things about it! I went on the 1091 instead which was a really nice road too imo

cheers

The 1148 is amazing, a must ride next time. With the 1148 those legs go all the way up.....hmmm I mean those corner go all the way around, or so it seems. :D

I have to agree the 1148 is probably one of the best roads you will find in the north of Thailand with terrific views although a lot of the mountain views have suffered from deforestation over the years.

@fishenough

cheers

I have to agree the 1148 is probably one of the best roads you will find in the north of Thailand with terrific views although a lot of the mountain views have suffered from deforestation over the years.

I guess it has to a part of my next adventure then!! I actually wanted to go that route to Nan from CM, but after looking at google maps I skipped it. I travel light and without a GPS and it looked like I have to make a few too many turns to get to my destination (=risk of getting lost). This might not be a fact in reality though.

Nevermind - next time i'll bring a GPS :D

Keep on posting your vids here, I like them. You've even got a reasonable taste in music too ;)

I have heard differently about my taste in music but thanks anyway;)

I started to write down replies to some of the posts in the other thread (part 1) and then I realized.. it would only be like throwing gasoline on a fire or maybe like speaking to deaf ears.

The initial motivation, the joy I wanted to give by posting my "on board videos" sort of disappeared when reading that discussion and how it developed. I really don't feel like wasting my time defending my driving, the size of my brain and other body parts.

Cheers,

Dunder

Edited by dunder