Kawasaki Z1000Sx

crisp

I'd love this bike to come to Thailand, even as an official import - it would be an awesome touring bike even if it was a bit on the expensive side.

Given the lack of sales of the ZX10R though, I'm guessing it won't be here any time soon.

Which reminds me, anyone know if the 2011 ZX10R will be arriving soon? The 2010 is in the dealers but with rumours of the recall I'm guessing that the 2011 model will be at least 6 months away, probably more...

That is truly a gorgeous bike. Last I heard several months ago Kawasaki made a comment about "moving big bike manufacturing to Thailand", but it was not specified what bikes were going to be made here. Sadly for us here in the LOS, the consensus seemed to be that full sport bike manufacturing would remain in Japan. I assume that would include the Z1000

2011-Kawasaki-Ninja-1000-4.jpg

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Good looking bike for sure.

ZX10R on technical hold. Hopefully sales will resume in January.

Anyone know if the incompetent staff know if they are bringing the 2011 ZX10R.

When I asked the sales guy. he reckons there is no new version of the ZX10R for 2011. Only a new paint job. Retard.

When I asked the sales guy. he reckons there is no new version of the ZX10R for 2011. Only a new paint job. Retard.

Even if Kawasaki does bring it to Thailand (which I reckon they won't after the flow of the 2010 ZX10R) it'll be restricted same as the 2010 Thai model which kind of defeats the whole purpose of buying it in the first place. Kawasaki sales staff told me, in all earnestness, that if I want a full power ZX6R or ZX10R I should go order it from Red Baron... :huh::ermm::ph34r::rolleyes: :jap:

Hi Crisp, sold as the 2011 Ninja 1000 ABS in Oz. The Z1000 is the naked bike.

Yeah sorry...I know this bike as the Ninja 1000, but it seems to be branded the Z1000Sx in some markets. Based on the Z1000 naked bike, we can be sure wherever the Z1000 is made is where the Ninja1000/Z1000Sx will be made, and the same will probably be true for wherever the Z1000 naked is sold.

All those magazine reviews about all the updated electronics & other goodies ..bloody liars :lol:

I'm sure some of these sales staff have got their heads up their collective (neither regions - insert the A word here) most of the time. Any bike salesperson worth their salt would know the ins and outs of the new models coming. B)

That is truly a gorgeous bike. Last I heard several months ago Kawasaki made a comment about "moving big bike manufacturing to Thailand", but it was not specified what bikes were going to be made here. Sadly for us here in the LOS, the consensus seemed to be that full sport bike manufacturing would remain in Japan. I assume that would include the Z1000

2011-Kawasaki-Ninja-1000-4.jpg

dam_n the new Zed-thou looks nice. Dual exhaust both sides?

Edited by Garry

Hi Crisp, sold as the 2011 Ninja 1000 ABS in Oz. The Z1000 is the naked bike.

Yeah sorry...I know this bike as the Ninja 1000, but it seems to be branded the Z1000Sx in some markets. Based on the Z1000 naked bike, we can be sure wherever the Z1000 is made is where the Ninja1000/Z1000Sx will be made, and the same will probably be true for wherever the Z1000 naked is sold.

WOW, First time I have seen that. Looks magic.

Nice! Nice! Nice!

There are a few bikes of this type that looks good with panniers, this is one of them...

Definitely agree, they certainly hit the nail on the head with the design on this one. Very nice bike indeed.

Caveat: I have never owned a Kawasaki, maybe one day I will be swayed :D :jap:

• 8 months later...

The 2012 colors, not that we will be getting the bike in Thailand any time soon. (Unless you order it through Red Baron or Teera)

40199.jpg

40202.jpg

These are from a UK website, which is odd because it's called the Z1000sx in that market, yet these are badged Ninja 1000, the N. America name. Makes me think that at least there is 1 more color coming, as there has historically been 3 or more colors available between all the markets.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/more-2012-kawasaki-colours/18827.html

• 3 months later...