Car Tune Up

jansson

If you're talking engine and body work, Manit Center Max near Super Cheap, stereo, some body work Chai auto sound on bypass road.

I was recently at Chai to see if they could repair a Blaupunkt radio/CD player in a Chevrolet only to be told the repair cost will be really expensive & better to buy a new system. Offered a JVC at the discount price of 5,000, sticker price showed 5,900. Decided to get a 2nd opinion & went to Man opposite Mission Hospital as I have found their service to be very good. 30 minutes later the stereo was blaring away & I was presented with a bill for 200 Baht. BTW sticker price on the same JVC at Man was 5,000.

Would like to know why HD calls C Cube cheating b...tards. I have taken my pickup there on numerous occasions for a wash & wax & always found it to be a good job.

Not a big problem with wash and polish, but they did manage to polish on the back fender so they needed to repaint it, they paid, but it took me 3 days to get the car back.....I ordered some stuff for my car, as this don’t come cheap and hard to find and not so many cars that have it i paid a deposit of 12.000 B when it arrived it was the wrong stuff, the owner would only pay i bit of the deposit back and came up with all kind of excuses, i found out where in BKK he ordered the stuff and got in contact with them, they had the right stuff, FROM the start, and a lot and i mean a lot cheaper. So if you want stuff buy it from BKK yourself.

I had bought a book with wash and polish and detailing as well for 14.000 so not that i did not spend any money in there, the book and 8 wash is still in the car, guess i will never use them ;)

Not a big problem with wash and polish, but they did manage to polish on the back fender so they needed to repaint it, they paid, but it took me 3 days to get the car back.....I ordered some stuff for my car, as this don't come cheap and hard to find and not so many cars that have it i paid a deposit of 12.000 B when it arrived it was the wrong stuff, the owner would only pay i bit of the deposit back and came up with all kind of excuses, i found out where in BKK he ordered the stuff and got in contact with them, they had the right stuff, FROM the start, and a lot and i mean a lot cheaper. So if you want stuff buy it from BKK yourself.

I had bought a book with wash and polish and detailing as well for 14.000 so not that i did not spend any money in there, the book and 8 wash is still in the car, guess i will never use them ;)

No problem, you can give me the book :)

agree on buying stuff in BKK directly, huge markup on Phuket prices

I find their wash and wax quiet good, and reasonably priced

Not a big problem with wash and polish, but they did manage to polish on the back fender so they needed to repaint it, they paid, but it took me 3 days to get the car back.....I ordered some stuff for my car, as this don't come cheap and hard to find and not so many cars that have it i paid a deposit of 12.000 B when it arrived it was the wrong stuff, the owner would only pay i bit of the deposit back and came up with all kind of excuses, i found out where in BKK he ordered the stuff and got in contact with them, they had the right stuff, FROM the start, and a lot and i mean a lot cheaper. So if you want stuff buy it from BKK yourself.

Time to shine up the old Volvo ( woe-woe in Thai). About how much for the wash and wax there? Some folks want an arm and a leg once wax enters the equation. Just curious...

Time to shine up the old Volvo ( woe-woe in Thai). About how much for the wash and wax there? Some folks want an arm and a leg once wax enters the equation. Just curious...

I pay 350 baht for a 4 door pickup including vacum interior. Initially I purchased a bottle of high quality polish for like 1500 baht, good for 15-20 treatments, but thats cause I didnt want the "free" wax.

Try to get it done every 3 months at least. If you havent done your Volvo for a while, a paint cleaner could be needed before waxing to remove oxidation.

I pay 350 baht for a 4 door pickup including vacum interior. Initially I purchased a bottle of high quality polish for like 1500 baht, good for 15-20 treatments, but thats cause I didnt want the "free" wax.

Try to get it done every 3 months at least. If you havent done your Volvo for a while, a paint cleaner could be needed before waxing to remove oxidation.

I did the same shortly after they opened, I too have a 4 door pickup, although I cannot remember exactly what I paid but I purchased the Tech Wax & I consider 350 quite reasonable for a full clean inside & out including wax. If you want to wait while your car is being done they have a reasonably pleasant coffee shop with free internet. Last Sunday I went there but they had a line up of about 10 cars waiting so I ended up having it done at the auto wash in Nakha for 260 which included interior.

I did the same shortly after they opened, I too have a 4 door pickup, although I cannot remember exactly what I paid but I purchased the Tech Wax & I consider 350 quite reasonable for a full clean inside & out including wax. If you want to wait while your car is being done they have a reasonably pleasant coffee shop with free internet. Last Sunday I went there but they had a line up of about 10 cars waiting so I ended up having it done at the auto wash in Nakha for 260 which included interior.

and the thai steak restaurant on the other side if the road has eatable steaks at 90-130 baht

C Cube cheating ba.tards

Oh well, i guess you are right.

I used their hoist to repair a clutch and repair some gears and it took 2 and half days.

The owner then asked for 5000 baht for each day for the hoist use.

Unbelievable!!!

I'm boycotting the place as of today.angry.gif

Sure you can get the book, i just had a look, i only used 3 out of 20 in the book, it say my name and what car but maybe they dont care.