Beach Road Tarts, Dodgy Or What

PattayaOneTeam

Letters to the Editor

The Girls on the Beach

Sir,

I've just come back from my second trip to Pattaya in five years. You ask for letters. I've got a question about the nightlife - the girls on Beach Road on the game. I noticed loads more of them this time. Some not bad looking ones either.

Are they safe? I mean like diseases? Or underage? Do the coppers try to sting you with them? What happens if you pull a ladyboy by mistake when you're drunk?

Do you have any answers?

Thanks

Allen Stephens (never tried it - yet).

The girls on the beach, they're all within reach as the Beach Boys song said. There are many misconceptions about the girls who sit around like ladies who lunch. Yes, there are many attractive looking ladies and yes, there are a lot more females (and some of indeterminate gender) than perhaps ever before plying a short time trade by way of their transient office on Beach Road.

Diseases? No more so than anywhere else. Underage? You betcha. And these should be avoided like the plague, simply because you are a perfect target for a setup. Plenty of guys take the risk thinking “I won't get caught,” but every time you play out of the legal age range the chances of being nailed narrow, and you'll need a decent amount of wedge to avoid playing bend over and fetch the soap in a Thai jail.

If you happen upon a ladyboy by mistake while inebriated the chances are Khun Wishididnthaveaknob will have your wallet and other valuable away before you can squeal “nuts to this.”

There are plenty of people who do their bedtime trawling along the Beach Road promenade and report no problems at all. But then they tend to be wiser and warier than the two-week millionaire with a wallet load of personality and the look of a deer in the headlights. The old Latin phrase caveat emptor should not only be the mantra on Beach Road but in the nightclubs and discos of Walking Street and elsewhere as well. After all, it's not as if the girls on the beach can't wander wherever they please in search of prey. [more...]

To read the rest of all the letters download the PDF here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/download/663-pattaya-one-issue-6/

Enjoyed this article? Why not go to our poll and vote for it at:

gallery_327_1086_2603.gif

-- Pattaya One 2010-12-20

Err... what happened to:

18) Not to discuss the specifics of prostitution.

Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgment of that fact is not forbidden. However ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

?

Err... what happened to:

Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgment of that fact is not forbidden. However ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

?

I have raised this before in this particular section but to no avail.

I guess it depends on what they mean with "specifics of prostitution". I figure one wouldn't be allowed to name the girl one hired and mention the price one paid for what type of service, but it should be OK to participate in a non-specific discussion of it. Let's wait for daybreak to see what the guardians of the rules will say.

• 4 weeks later...
Diseases? No more so than anywhere else. Underage? You betcha. And these should be avoided like the plague, simply because you are a perfect target for a setup. Plenty of guys take the risk thinking "I won't get caught," but every time you play out of the legal age range the chances of being nailed narrow, and you'll need a decent amount of wedge to avoid playing bend over and fetch the soap in a Thai jail.

What.. The...! I can't believe I'm reading this. Instead of embarking on a rant right away, let me answer that question and starting with some obvious priorities:

If you have the strong suspicion that a girl you see is a child prostitute then please report this to the authorities immediately. There are several NGOs and other points of contact where you can alert people to the situation, and of course the Tourist Police.

They are not to be 'avoided like the plague', they are to be helped, like a fellow human being and a victim in desperate need of as better life.

What kind of selfish and perverted mindset would cause anyone to even consider the 'getting caught' with a child prostitute, before considering the obvious plight of a fellow human being?

"Play outside the legal range" oh is that what it's called? :bah:

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Back to reality instead of fantasy morality island. Supposing you contacted the tourist police and said I think that sex worker is 16 or 17, please help them off the street, what do you think their response would be? In reality. My opinion is that they would say MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

Edited by Jingthing

Back to reality instead of fantasy morality island. Supposing you contacted the tourist police and said I think that sex worker is 16 or 17, please help them off the street, what do you think their response would be? In reality. My opinion is that they would say MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

Is that what they would say, or is that what you are trying to tell me, and others who actually give a dam_n?

For reference: http://www.humantraf...s/thailand/ngos

You may also have missed the brochures and posters that specifically urge tourists to report cases of child sexual abuse, including a hotline number.

There's always an excuse to do nothing. Or worse: scare or intimidate others into looking the other way.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

http://www.humantrafficking.org/countries/thailand/ngos

You may also have missed the brochures and posters that specifically urge tourists to report cases of child sexual abuse, including a hotline number.

There's always an excuse to do nothing.

You're really too much. Does this org know where beach road is? So why aren't they out there every night scooping up and "saving" the marginally underage sex workers there, some of whom may be there quite willingly and/or involved in blackmail scams, possibly in cahoots with the police/mafia? I can understand reporting but reporting what is happening every night on beach road is like breaking a news flash about how many people ate McDonald's hamburgers today. Also you preach a lot, maybe if reporting is a passion for you, go do it yourself instead of judging others.

I can imagine the phone call now --

WTK -- There are underage sex workers on Pattaya Beach Road!

NGO -- That's shocking. We had no idea! How long has this been going on?

WTK -- Many years!

NGO -- How did we miss that?

WTK -- What are you going to do about it?

NGO -- We'll get back to you.

Edited by Jingthing

Err... what happened to:

?

I have raised this before in this particular section but to no avail.

Priceless. NEED A SHAKES HEAD ICON.

You're really too much. Does this org know where beach road is? So why aren't they out there every night scooping up and "saving" the marginally underage sex workers there, some of whom may be there quite willingly and/or involved in blackmail scams, possibly in cahoots with the police/mafia? I can understand reporting but reporting what is happening every night on beach road is like breaking a news flash about how many people ate McDonald's hamburgers today. Also you preach a lot, maybe if reporting is a passion for you, go do it yourself instead of judging others.

I'm pretty sure you did not miss my topic in the Chiang Mai forum yesterday (because you replied to it) in which I highlighted a (very awkward/inappropriately worded) article in Pattaya One about a 12 year old girl becoming the victim of sexual abuse on Beach Road. (For reference: http://www.thaivisa....dia-we-deserve/ (click on the article image). )

Or maybe you consider that marginally under-age too. Or 'playing outside the legal range'. Or (as per the article) "helping herself in a financial sense by using her delicate wrists to toss more than the teddy".

EDIT: Note that I'm not taking all of this out on you alone, but I'm really quite angry at the language used in that newspaper article. I know this forum is kind of your playground and I know you enjoy online arguments. So I can't really bring myself to get too upset with anything you write, but, MAN, the more I read the article the more sick in my stomach I get.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Or maybe you consider that marginally under-age too. Or 'playing outside the legal range'. Or (as per the article) "helping herself in a financial sense by using her delicate wrists to toss more than the teddy".

You know I don't, nobody would, so why the flame?

That said, if these things are so pervasive on beach road and these NGO's are so dedicated to their work, please explain to me why they require a telephone report, when they could just be patrolling the road every night with no report. I can see a telephone call for a situation that isn't publicly visible of course. I can also see reporting obviously underage sex workers on the road such as in your favorite news story, though I personally have no idea how pervasive that is, as I don't walk that road often (too many whores).

Edited by Jingthing

Err... what happened to:

?

If you paid to have your own forum section, you could post the same kind of stuff.