Best Location In Chiang Mai

Shermann

It really depends on what you enjoy and what you can afford. The Nimmenhaimen area is nice, but it's more expensive and the traffic can be a nightmare in the early evening. If you want night life you'll want to be closer to the city center. If you prefer the countryside then the sky is the limit. Planes fly right over the Hang Dong road area, but the homes are cheap to rent. I wouldn't buy anywhere in Thailand because you an never own the land.

It really depends on what you enjoy and what you can afford. The Nimmenhaimen area is nice, but it's more expensive and the traffic can be a nightmare in the early evening. If you want night life you'll want to be closer to the city center. If you prefer the countryside then the sky is the limit. Planes fly right over the Hang Dong road area, but the homes are cheap to rent. I wouldn't buy anywhere in Thailand because you an never own the land.

Yes i know about the land ! but i think if u buy an appartment u can do it right ?

So are you buying an apartment.. or a Condo.. Or as the OP stated a house ??

Really.. With the little info you have presented.. How could anyone answer that ? The best location for what ?? For nightlife ?? For peace and quiet ?? For traffic ?? For etc etc etc.

The informations are not a lot as it depends on lots of factors not all the kind of investment. I could buy in a condo it wouldnt be a big problem but i actually i dont know if it is an investment or a lost of money. Even if thailand is an increasing market about tourist buying estastes so that make think it could be a good investment but actually i read and see usually the best location is in south . Bangkok Phuket., i heard samui , pattaya and so on. I like cChiang Mai as it is not that messy like other towns.

..i thought you liked the bumper to bumper stuff!

so many factors

I like closer to the university and zoo because I am a cyclist and don't want to risk my life riding in the city..

On the west side it's still convenient for shopping, restaurants, service choices etc but easy to get out of town on the cycle without a lot of side effects and stress.

Everyone is going to have different needs.

Will you be driving a car? If not then during rainy periods (about half the year) being on a motorbike is a hassle. Getting soaked often or having to wait for a break in the rain gets old fast.

So many factors... Really comes down to logistics and what you want... Do you favor low price and quiet over convenience? Are you comfortable risking your life on the roads daily or do you prefer being able to walk to good shopping..

That sort of trade off

Have to visit, rent and fine tune a location for your specific needs and lifestyle.

My vote would be for Doi Saket, about a 30 minute drive to the east on a four lane. You get out of the city, into the mountains with a lot of fishing opportunities, and yet are still only 30 minutes away from the amenities of Chiangmai. Unless you like living IN the city, you ought to drive out and take a look.

My vote would be for Doi Saket, about a 30 minute drive to the east on a four lane. You get out of the city, into the mountains with a lot of fishing opportunities, and yet are still only 30 minutes away from the amenities of Chiangmai. Unless you like living IN the city, you ought to drive out and take a look.

Fishing is interesting !:D this is something i didnt take in consideration at all ! thanks to you All for advice :)

<br />Property prices in Chiang Mai only go down<br />Developers are pumping out housing at a rate of knots and undercutting the second hand market.<br /><br />If you buy a house or condo there is little chance of selling it for as much, you must drop the price drastically or just sit on it.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Condos perhaps. Land prices keep going up.

<br />Property prices in Chiang Mai only go down<br />Developers are pumping out housing at a rate of knots and undercutting the second hand market.<br /><br />If you buy a house or condo there is little chance of selling it for as much, you must drop the price drastically or just sit on it.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Condos perhaps. Land prices keep going up.

Agree with Mod. BUT also important factor with property always is Location..

Landed houses prices are increasing in CM, as there is increased demand this past year particulalrly from Bangkokians for property located within the City are (by which I mean inside the Superhighway and certain upscale Moo Baans and Hang Dong area.

If you buy a 1.5 or 2 m baht house in one of the many housing estates outside the superhighway dont expect it to be an investment,, the prices are not likely to go up in this type of estate - due to - location and the cookie cutter style of these places.

was up there last year, nothing really to see only another temple names doi suthep on top of a hill. needless to say i wont be back in chang mai, dont know what all the fuss is about, the comedown of having to make your way back to isaan or bangkok is really not worth the trip either. took me 28 hrs from c/m to khon kaen ermm.gif

was up there last year, nothing really to see only another temple names doi suthep on top of a hill. needless to say i wont be back in chang mai, dont know what all the fuss is about, the comedown of having to make your way back to isaan or bangkok is really not worth the trip either. took me 28 hrs from c/m to khon kaen

Why did you walk back?

IMHO, the best place in Chiangmai is Mooban Nantawan off Nimmanhemin (entrance near the Doi Tung coffee shop across from the parking lot of the Amari Rincome). Despite its central location, this mooban feels like a country village. Take a walk sometimes, and feel free to drop in to our house (the house with the Sala) for coffee or a chat.

There is no Best location in Chiangmai .

only what you can afford and what you needs,

for a old guys who feel that hanging out at ah go go bar and bar beer is a life style , walking distance from loi kroa might just be his best location .

for a person who enjoy great fresh air might choose some place slightly out of town ,

if your pocket is deep enough . having about 3 Rai of Land in the Middle of the City would be a cool .

Best is always discounted when it come to price .

in My view if you can Fork out 200-300k for rental monthly or maybe 200-300 million , staying at the chedi or buying somehting near them and build one yourself would be consider Good .

Property prices in Chiang Mai only go down

Developers are pumping out housing at a rate of knots and undercutting the second hand market.

If you buy a house or condo there is little chance of selling it for as much, you must drop the price drastically or just sit on it.

NOT TRUE !( IGNORE SUCH DRIVEL )

Edited by Thaifan2

For me, the answer was simple. Inside the old city.

Can get anywhere fast and be at any one of our offices in less than 10 minutes on the bike (regardless of traffic!)

Rent vs Buy?

Rent for long enough to know that you can live with whatever you choose. Personally when you can rent a good house inside the city for less than 15k, why would you ever buy?

. Personally when you can rent a good house inside the city for less than 15k, why would you ever buy?

Rents go up ;)

Or down :)

I know that I am paying less that the former tenant paid and the landlord added an AC and some furniture :)