Christmas Dinner In Chiang Mai

george

If you want real American Christmas eating.. try the DUKES.. David is the best of the best in CM. My old Hollywood buddy Sly Stallone ate there many times while filming his last "Rocky" movie. and thousands have tried it and love it.. You will not spend some crazy price.. but only enjoy each plateful in the buffet..

Chiang Mai has one of the larger expat populations in Thailand so it makes sense that you would be able to find a good Christmas dinner in Chiang Mai doesn’t it? An additional draw of Chiang Mai over the holidays is the fact that the northern location is much cooler making it more Christmas like in terms of temperature, although there’s no way you will be getting a white Christmas in Chiang Mai.

Le Coq d’Or Restaurant is serving up a Christmas dinner complete with Amuse bouche, foie gras two way (pan fried & terrine), double beef consomme, green apple sherbet, roasted Christmas turkey stuffing port wine cranberry sauce OR salmon millefeuille OR Australian wagyu strip loin served with bone marrow sauce, Christmas pudding with amaretto cream sauce OR tart tatin served with vanilla calvados sauce, coffee or tea, petit fours at 3,000 baht per person.

I TRIED IT ONCE..NEVER WENT BACK...

For a more American inspired Christmas dinner try the Art Café where they will be serving up turkey or baked ham, stuffing, gravy, potato (baked or mashed or sweet potatoes), cranberry sauce, vegetables, bread and butter, pumpkin pie or pumpkin walnut cake, coffee or tea all for 360 baht per person.

I TRIED IT ONCE WHEN THE DUKES HAD SOLD OUT OF ALL THEIR TURKEY DINNERS.. ON A THANKSGIVING ..NEVER AGAIN

Another good option for Christmas dinner in Chiang Mai is The Steakhouse Pub & Restaurant (JJ Market, Atsadatorn Rd). Steaks are off the menu for Christmas and are replaced with a 3 course menu including roast turkey and Christmas pudding for 1500 baht per person. You can also get a similar menu at the parent restaurant Le Crystal Restaurant (74/2 Paton Rd) if that location is more convenient for you.

NOT...

If you don’t require the traditional Christmas fare then there are also other options open to you such as the French inspired Christmas meal at Auberge, a seafood/sushi/sashimi buffet at the Dusit D2 (100 Chang Klan Road) which will also include carving stations, a noodle station, dim sum and a selection of mouthwatering desserts and the Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi which is by far the most expensive option I found in Chiang Mai with their candlelit Christmas Eve dinner at 3500 baht per person and their Gala Christmas Eve buffet at 5500 baht per person. As a part of the Mandarin Oriental group though I would expect something very special.

NICE TRY.. NOT THE SAME AS THE CHRISTMAS DINNER AT THE DUKES..

So there you have a small selection of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner options in Chiang Mai. This northern jewel can be a very nice way to spend the holidays. If you are in Chiang Mai and already have holiday dinner plans where will you be eating?

Read more: Christmas Dinner in Chiang Mai | Thailand Musings on Thai Visa http://thailandmusings.thaivisa.com/christmas-dinner-in-chiang-mai/#ixzz18yFfoY7C

Thailand Travel and More

If you want real American Christmas eating.. try the DUKES.. David is the best of the best in CM. My old Hollywood buddy Sly Stallone ate there many times while filming his last "Rocky" movie. and thousands have tried it and love it.. You will not spend some crazy price.. but only enjoy each plateful in the buffet..

Chiang Mai has one of the larger expat populations in Thailand so it makes sense that you would be able to find a good Christmas dinner in Chiang Mai doesn’t it? An additional draw of Chiang Mai over the holidays is the fact that the northern location is much cooler making it more Christmas like in terms of temperature, although there’s no way you will be getting a white Christmas in Chiang Mai.

Le Coq d’Or Restaurant is serving up a Christmas dinner complete with Amuse bouche, foie gras two way (pan fried & terrine), double beef consomme, green apple sherbet, roasted Christmas turkey stuffing port wine cranberry sauce OR salmon millefeuille OR Australian wagyu strip loin served with bone marrow sauce, Christmas pudding with amaretto cream sauce OR tart tatin served with vanilla calvados sauce, coffee or tea, petit fours at 3,000 baht per person.

For a more American inspired Christmas dinner try the Art Café where they will be serving up turkey or baked ham, stuffing, gravy, potato (baked or mashed or sweet potatoes), cranberry sauce, vegetables, bread and butter, pumpkin pie or pumpkin walnut cake, coffee or tea all for 360 baht per person.

I TRIED IT ONCE WHEN THE DUKES HAD SOLD OUT OF ALL THEIR TURKEY DINNERS.. ON A THANKSGIVING ..NEVER AGAIN

Another good option for Christmas dinner in Chiang Mai is The Steakhouse Pub & Restaurant (JJ Market, Atsadatorn Rd). Steaks are off the menu for Christmas and are replaced with a 3 course menu including roast turkey and Christmas pudding for 1500 baht per person. You can also get a similar menu at the parent restaurant Le Crystal Restaurant (74/2 Paton Rd) if that location is more convenient for you.

NOT...

If you don’t require the traditional Christmas fare then there are also other options open to you such as the French inspired Christmas meal at Auberge, a seafood/sushi/sashimi buffet at the Dusit D2 (100 Chang Klan Road) which will also include carving stations, a noodle station, dim sum and a selection of mouthwatering desserts and the Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi which is by far the most expensive option I found in Chiang Mai with their candlelit Christmas Eve dinner at 3500 baht per person and their Gala Christmas Eve buffet at 5500 baht per person. As a part of the Mandarin Oriental group though I would expect something very special.

So there you have a small selection of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner options in Chiang Mai. This northern jewel can be a very nice way to spend the holidays. If you are in Chiang Mai and already have holiday dinner plans where will you be eating?

Read more: Christmas Dinner in Chiang Mai | Thailand Musings on Thai Visa http://thailandmusings.thaivisa.com/christmas-dinner-in-chiang-mai/#ixzz18yFfoY7C

Thailand Travel and More

I believe I detect a slight bias.

I TRIED IT TWICE..NEVER WENT BACK :)

NOT...

Thailand Travel and More

Looks like somebody is guaranteed a free drink or two for drumming up business....

I expect our Dear Leader's post & link is a bit tongue in cheek! Of, course he has a point though . If we were offered a full Christmas Dinner served by pretty girls in a balmy climate for GBP120 or USD180, back home, the restaurant concerned would be in the mass market. Here most folk are looking for a full meal with all the trimmings and free drinks for GBP14 or USD22 !! - That's how much we charge at The Bell - you can get a full Christmas Dinner for

GBP 9.75 USD14.50 at my good friend Peter's place: The Wild Boar, just accross the road from us! I expect there are cheaper places. but for many on this planet, 120 quid aint a bad deal! I remember going out for a meal with drinks at a place called Joannas in Crystal Palace with the wife and a mate and the bill came to nearly 200 quid! and it wasn't the Ritz, it was nice though!

I expect our Dear Leader's post & link is a bit tongue in cheek! Of, course he has a point though . If we were offered a full Christmas Dinner served by pretty girls in a balmy climate for GBP120 or USD180, back home, the restaurant concerned would be in the mass market. Here most folk are looking for a full meal with all the trimmings and free drinks for GBP14 or USD22 !! - That's how much we charge at The Bell - you can get a full Christmas Dinner for

GBP 9.75 USD14.50 at my good friend Peter's place: The Wild Boar, just accross the road from us! I expect there are cheaper places. but for many on this planet, 120 quid aint a bad deal! I remember going out for a meal with drinks at a place called Joannas in Crystal Palace with the wife and a mate and the bill came to nearly 200 quid! and it wasn't the Ritz, it was nice though!

I think its good that there are a range of options which cater for all types of budgets..

Wherever you are, I hope you all have a great meal and a safe and enjoyable Xmas...biggrin.gif

Looks like somebody is guaranteed a free drink or two for drumming up business....

I highly doubt that the Duke's needs to put a shill on TV to 'drum up business'. I imagine they will be packed.

Absolutely!

Dukes don't need to be constantly advertising, putting a shrill on or getting in where they can at every opportunity.

In fact most businesses that are doing well don't, they keep it to a minimum..

Edited by uptheos