for a thai say with a salary of 10,000 a month

that would be 100 months

or about 8 years

i leave this topic open

to anything create or funny

like investing or selling or anything to make the money grow

just please behave yourself

great ideas encouraged!

I could probably live the rest of my life without spending anything as I could just hunt and grow food on my largest piece of property which also has multiple wells, but I don't know how much fun that would be (especially the part without tap water and electricity).

Is the topic of the thread any different than asking 'How much dosh do you make?'

:)

I could live 2.5 years but I don't pay rent. As far as a Thai, which Thai?

About the same. No rent to pay, no lavish living, one kid in school, all infrastructure complete (house etc, have all we need).

It is very cheap to survive here, but I still want a few things like a Versys and a Canon 60D with 'L' lenses before I die.

1 year living well, staying in say Pattaya/bkk. 2.5 - 3 years in Issan somewhere.

At last ----- an honest answer.

Here's your brother.

Yup. A home in Issan is what you need in these straightened times of economic woe. It might be dull as dishwater, but it ain't 'alf cheap.

1 year living well, staying in say Pattaya/bkk. 2.5 - 3 years in Issan somewhere.

+1

A decent private school 100k bath a year, insurances: Harley+car+ wife+kids & Satelite TV + internet another 100k, that leaves 800k which should be enough for a good life (just) in Pattaya for the whole family.

No fancy trips overseas, that will cost extra.

At last ----- an honest answer.

Here's your brother.

Yup. A home in Issan is what you need in these straightened times of economic woe. It might be dull as dishwater, but it ain't 'alf cheap.

't would last considerably less time in issan if you opened a pub though. considerably longer if you opened an internet cafe/dating agency! longer still you loaned money through a trusted local at the under counter rates!

Going on the past 7 years

Easy to live for 6 - 7 years on 1 million baht. that includes petrol & Insurance for my car + house insurance on my house + 5 dogs and 200 odd Koi Fish.

Depends where you live, I'm sure if I lived in a City + had to pay rent then would be more like 2 - 3 years.

Just 3 items I noticed only last week when driving into BKK.. my local market largest eggs are 30 baht for 10, city market 58 baht !! Bananas 15 - 20 baht, City 60 - 70 baht for same size bunch. Good Pork 68 baht kg, City 156 baht.