Honda Cbr150

rizla

My friend has a cbr 150, well his chain which has only done 4000km`s and is shagged (new bike), i have suggested he take the bike back to his dealer and DEMAND a free replacement chain...note it has been adjusted frequently and lubed...are honda just supplying poor quality chains here?

What would you recomend as a replacement, if his dealer refuses...i met my buddy today again and only a week ago i adjusted his chain for him and it is well slack, oh and he popped into his dealer for THEM to check it and they said it was ok....crimbs????

Oh and any recommendations for a aftermarket can for it (exhaust)...thankyou sirs..

Rizla... how old is the bike? do you ensure that the swingarm adjusters are equal.. what do you oil the chain with?

if under 1 year old and 4,000km. Then sure Honda SHOULD change the chain under warranty.

My 2009 bike did 17000 on the original chain. The Honda mechanic couldnt understand why I wanted to change, he said it was ok. I replaced with genuine Honda part (2600 B) and now has 30,000 on it but past replacement time. Im nursing it as Im trading the bike in on a new 250 ABS when available.

The cheaper "no brand" chains are a waste of time and money. On my previous 150 I tried cheapo chains and lasted but 5000km

5 years ago I was tossed off a bike when the chain broke and locked the rear wheel so Im VERY mindfull of a well maintained chain now.