Non Immigrant Visa B

Hi,

I am holding Non Immigrant Visa B valid till May 31, 2004 for double entry.

Should I be out of country for the next 3 months ( Jan 31, 2004) to get my stamp ?

and if during my 6 months stay here I am planning to travel out of the country

more than 2 times, how i can do this since i only have double entry for my 6 months Non imigrant visa.

THank you

Hendry

Dr Pat Pong,

Thanks for your reply, so it means there is no way for me to go out of the country more than 2 times.

so let's say i travel out of the country on jan 25, 2004, so i can not going out again till may 31, 2004

if i am out of the country on march 2004, it means i have to apply another visa ?

thanks

hd

Dr. P-P -

I don't know if recent policy shifts have changed the landscape, but if I am not mistaken, if Hendry comes in on an initial 90-day entry permit, and then obtains a re-entry permit before departing, as long as his travel is completed within the 90 day period of his "open" entry permit, he will not burn up his second entry permit.

I am almost certain that once he is on his second entry sequence, he can come and go with reentry permits, up until final expiration of the second 90 day period.

I am not 100% certain - because we have never dealt with a two-entry visa before - but we frequently encounter cases where holders of multiple-entry visas wish to obtain a one-year extended entry permit, based on work permit and employment - but their jobs require that they frequently leave Thailand - meaning that they would never get to the "final 30 days" of endless 90 day entry permits - and you can only submit an extension request once you reach the final 30 days. So - we have them obtain re-entry permits, and go back and forth on a single 90 day entry permit - specifically to "burn up" days on the 90 day countdown - so that we can reach the eligibility point for submitting an extension request. They think we are crazy (because they paid extra specifically to get a multiple-entry visa, and it seems INSANE to have to pay more for a re-entry permit), but we tell them that everything after the initial 90 day entry permit is a waste of effort - because we have to whittle that 90 days down to meet submission requirements for the extension application.

Most people reading the above will probably not grasp what I am writing - perhaps you will. The bureacracy here has many idiosyncracies!!!!

Steve

Indo-Siam

www.thaistartup.com

to update you :

I have 6 months non-imigrant visa b - issue 1 dec 2003 till may 31, 2004

if i am plann to travel out on jan 24 back jan 27,

and i will travel out again on feb for 2 nights

then march 2004 i will be travel out again for 7 days

so i have to manage since i only have double entry.

so it means can i apply re-entry ?

thanks

hendry

in the past (8-9 years ago) it was possible to obtain a re-entry permit on a 90 day Non-O or B visa (not extended!).

I did it once while staying on the second entry of a double Non-O, 40 days into the stay I had to leave the country for 2 days with re-entry permit and was stamped in on the SAME visa up to the date stated in the original entry stamp.

but rules may have changed by now.

opalhort

I checked Steve and am told that that was how it used to be pre multi era. But on a case by case basis, they'll look at it. Strange really, because it defeats their own limiting action of issuing less than multiple entries. T i T and idiosyncratic is an apt description of the bureaucracy. Ask three officers the same question, prepare for 3 different answers. Go on into Immigration and apply Hendry, you have nothing to lose. If Mother Teresa had to deal with 'em she'd have kicked babies in the head to relieve stress.