Should Flamers Win?

Old Croc

In the sub-forum I frequent, there seems to be a never ending supply of nasty little individuals who argue negatively on almost any subject and resort to flaming if their words don't get universal agreement.

Warnings are issued, posts deleted and the dreaded sword of damacules is hung over the head of all - the thread will be closed!

A recent closed thread was, for me, a very interesting subject about running a small business in Thailand. I was interested in the subject matter, but suddenly found it shut down because some peon had gotten nasty and personal towards other posters.

Now, not wishing to critise moderators nor ThaiVisa policy, the thread was started in good faith and was of interest to many members, who spent some time on their contributions. Surely there is a better way to handle the few who can't control themselves without shutting the whole thing down?

Perhaps a closure of the whole forum would solve all the problems? :blink:

Please take action against the people who can't control their personalities or fingers, but let the threads run unless they are troll rubbish from the get go.

Thankyou :)

Edited by Old Croc

Concurred.

Violators should be dealt with individually, not collectively.

It is much more expeditious to deal with violators, than to imply all posters as equally guilty because of a few bad durians. :blink:

But then at the same time, not all moderators are created equal, nor are they from equal educational training and background.

Most posters and members understand that and tolerate some of their outrageous indignation at times, as well.

Any way, mostly, in my humble opinion, the posters ought to control their own outrageous inputs whether here or else where. :jap:

I agree with you.

Moderators, please just remove flaming comments from threads and warn the poster that continued flaming will result in being removed from TV.

If it is not policed in this way (and I mean to use the word policed) the TV forum will decay into a rant.

I have noticed an increase in flaming too and it's just becoming boring and makes me sometimes reluctant to post.

please sort this out jap.gif