Atm Charges

jori

Have taken it for granted this card for UK users was the cheapest,..until now, Gawd it's an arm and a leg ,almost a fiver a go. Never really did scan the mini statement until warned about it yesterday, fright of my life . (Thanks Steve for the warning,yes it's me,...devilishly good looking aren't I ?)

Now submitted a UK cheque to my K account 153 Baht to submit it, and $10 to process it,suggested clearance 40 days but actual about 20 days,then free withdrawals.

Withdraw 2 or 3 months worth from UK account instead of weekly to go to K account will save a packet. Trying to find out the charges of a direct money transfer for UK account into my K account too

Girl at the Aeon bank did tell me in Oct that they were going the 150 Baht way too,but so far so good, not started charging yet,but even without that addition it's getting expensive

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see AEON start charging the 150 baht fee. And even if a person has a ATM/Debit card that reimburses for ATM fees, even these cards are growing fewer as banks slowly raise their fees or effectively raise their fees by reducing how much/how many ATM fees they will reimburse per month. It's a great way for banks to get more of your money, but instead of your money staying in your account/pocket it goes into the bank's pocket.

Where exactly can you use your NW debt card to withdraw money over the bank counter? Every time I try I get refused and told to use the ATM outside.

Yes, it does seem to be hit or miss.

I always use the Kasikorn in Robinsons at Thailand Cultural Centre MRT.

Also SCB in the tower with McDonalds in it near Ari station (sorry I can't be more specific!)

Where exactly can you use your NW debt card to withdraw money over the bank counter? Every time I try I get refused and told to use the ATM outside.

Also SCB in the tower with McDonalds in it near Ari station (sorry I can't be more specific!)

Seems a bit pointless getting a bus to Bangkok and return again just to get one up on the bank and of course loose a few hours of your time in the process.

Any local to Pattaya recommendations that people know actually work?

Edit (addition): and of course you'd loose roughly the same amount of money for the trip there and back again.

Edited by seefah

I have a ATM account with Bangkok Bank. I transfer money from my Barclays account in UK every few months. Barclays charge me £25. Bangkok bank charge me something, but the interbank exchange is usually not too bad.

Unless you are going to bring cash over...I don't know of a cheaper way. Anyone more clued up?

Seems a bit pointless getting a bus to Bangkok and return again just to get one up on the bank and of course loose a few hours of your time in the process.

Any local to Pattaya recommendations that people know actually work?

Edit (addition): and of course you'd loose roughly the same amount of money for the trip there and back again.

Ah yes, sorry - missed the Pattaya bit.

This is going to be even more vague, but one of the money exchange booths on Second Road (thats the second one from the beach right?) will do it.... however I used it there a good few months ago, and for the life of me cannot remember which one it was.....

I have a ATM account with Bangkok Bank. I transfer money from my Barclays account in UK every few months. Barclays charge me £25. Bangkok bank charge me something, but the interbank exchange is usually not too bad.

Unless you are going to bring cash over...I don't know of a cheaper way. Anyone more clued up?

Halifax Bank; £7.50 to £9.50.

Is that a swift transfer?

Yes, transferring money from a UK bank is daylight robbery, the problem is banks have made big mistakes that everybody is paying for except the scum that should have been sacked by the shareholders, they continue to run the banks awarding themselves and other employees multi million pound bonuses, basically because many bank CEO's, Chairmans and MD's are conniving with big institutions who hold big blocks of shares.

Just how can they justify £25 to press a few keystrokes on a pc to transfer the money?

Nationwide account holders you are members (shareholders) and have voting rights next time you get details of the AGM with voting form please use it, vote against chairmans reports, any vote of confidence, and do not vote to re-elect any current member of the board.

Yes it is,

whats more you can do it online, so if for instance you had a pension or whatever being paid into your UK acct and was in LOS you can transfer money at I think £9.50 to your Thai account without having to be in the UK. I found this and started doing it because I got p$^ssed off with having to go into my Nat West bank everytime I make a foreign transfer and paying through the bleeding nose for the honour. Just set up an acct and make sure you sign up for online banking. Ps if you pay your wages into the Halifax bank account they will pay £5 per month intrest to you, if you also take out a Halifax clarity credit card as well and use that as well after setting it up to pay off in full each month you can earn £5 per month for using that as well as getting the best card for overseas usage. No I dont work for Halifax but I hate being ripped off by the other thieving bunch of b...........

Mark

check out money saving expert for more info if you dont believe me

Yes, transferring money from a UK bank is daylight robbery, the problem is banks have made big mistakes that everybody is paying for except the scum that should have been sacked by the shareholders, they continue to run the banks awarding themselves and other employees multi million pound bonuses, basically because many bank CEO's, Chairmans and MD's are conniving with big institutions who hold big blocks of shares.

Just how can they justify £25 to press a few keystrokes on a pc to transfer the money?

Nationwide account holders you are members (shareholders) and have voting rights next time you get details of the AGM with voting form please use it, vote against chairmans reports, any vote of confidence, and do not vote to re-elect any current member of the board.

Agree ......seems that the new "screw all our loyal customers overseas etc" was all down to the new Chair/CEO (..will find out exactly who he is ) who has turned the Worlds Best B.S ...Buiding Society ...not BS ...like now ...into just another money grubbing little parasite.

I have spoken to some people within the organisation and their moral has really taken a whack but they can only parrot fashion repeat the "Mantra"from the organ grinders at the top.

As you suggest its our Company and given the will WE can get it back......

but?...is..it...etc. :annoyed:

SCB on the ground floor of Tuk Com South Pattaya Road... you'll need your passport.

Yes it is,

whats more you can do it online, so if for instance you had a pension or whatever being paid into your UK acct and was in LOS you can transfer money at I think £9.50 to your Thai account without having to be in the UK. I found this and started doing it because I got p$^ssed off with having to go into my Nat West bank everytime I make a foreign transfer and paying through the bleeding nose for the honour. Just set up an acct and make sure you sign up for online banking. Ps if you pay your wages into the Halifax bank account they will pay £5 per month intrest to you, if you also take out a Halifax clarity credit card as well and use that as well after setting it up to pay off in full each month you can earn £5 per month for using that as well as getting the best card for overseas usage. No I dont work for Halifax but I hate being ripped off by the other thieving bunch of b...........

Mark

check out money saving expert for more info if you dont believe me

Just confirming the above.

On the Reward Account the £9.50 gets reduced to £7.50 with a discount code (max of 3 can be used) and the effective charge for the SWIFT transfer becomes £2.50 if you notionally apply the 'reward' of £5 for crediting the account with £1,000 min each month.

Reward Account is 12.5 a month though yet seems to be about the best deal right now, almost the TT rate + what the Thai bank charge.

Bangkok are imo the best for passport Debit card combo K-Bank 20k max so waste of time, but this is a costly way of doing it LLoyds charge 4.50 plus 1.5b off the bank rate 4 percent off the TT rate fowl :bah: LLoyds charge a whopping 28-30 pounds for a swift transfer amd still rob you on the ex rate. So yeah at the moment HRA is just about the best if that is you ensure 1k is paid in every month.

Without question the Mafia Banking cabal are the biggest scam artists on the face of the globe. Hifx is worth checking out.

"Britain's banks are set to pocket around ­£1billion in profit every single week this year while ordinary families bear the brunt of the deepest public spending cuts in decades. Between them the UK's top five lenders are expected to earn £51.7billion in 2011, or £200million for each ­working day, according to City estimates.At Britain's two state-owned banks Royal Bank of Scotland and Lloyds, both of which had to be bailed out at huge cost to the taxpayer profits are predicted to more than "Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1ACGc5gE0

"If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking system - there would be a revolution before morning" A.J

Peaceful Protest is beyond insignificance, marching from set A to set B and returning home for tea at 5pm simply will not leave the establishment quaking in their boots. The Gandhi quote of sustaining clearly holds relevance but there must be a line in the sand. I to feel as many others have stated that this is merely the start; winter of discontent will evolve into the worst depression on record. Understand, once you have removed yourself from the box chain of thought it becomes child's play to dissect the corporate mainstream media, but for those who have spent decades feasting into the buffet of lies and set programming, have very much self invested into the system. These youngsters must be applauded, I for one had come to the conclusion people were entranced by entertainment saturation and consuming, the social disintegration. Now the touch paper tuition fee hold's some relevance to a certain age group but needed is an appeal to the masses. In the first six months of 2010, the debt interest payments were £21.6bn. We're well beyond the point of no return, the only out available is to forcibly destroy the Central Banks and installing a central sovereign debt free money system. The bank of England is not some wing of the British goverment,it's a privity run organisation/Rothschild banking cabal,who have the 'god' given ability to create Fiat/paper money from thin air,which is loaned to the state/Goverment at INTEREST backed by your taxes. ( sort of on topic!)

Edited by gorillagrower

Reward Account is 12.5 a month though yet seems to be about the best deal right now, almost the TT rate + what the Thai bank charge.

Bangkok are imo the best for passport Debit card combo K-Bank 20k max so waste of time, but this is a costly way of doing it LLoyds charge 4.50 plus 1.5b off the bank rate 4 percent off the TT rate fowl :bah: LLoyds charge a whopping 28-30 pounds for a swift transfer amd still rob you on the ex rate. So yeah at the moment HRA is just about the best if that is you ensure 1k is paid in every month.

Without question the Mafia Banking cabal are the biggest scam artists on the face of the globe. Hifx is worth checking out.

The Reward account is FREE.

The Ultimate Reward Account has additional 'benifits' and attracts the £12.50 charge.

you search hi and low for getting the best interest rate on your money then make a withdrawal here and you loose double, how on earth can a bank get into so much trouble that we have to bail them out..........makes me pretty <deleted> angry, and the Nationwide is now a complete joke, I use FX card for all my transactions here and it's free and almost instant to top it up, I can remember a time when I was paid in cash, my money would never have gone near a bank if I'd known how they would turn out, at least when you had cash nobody could take it out of your pocket at 5% every time your hand went in there

Ayudhya in tesco north pattaya always let me use nationwide card at branch ,but must admit ,never tried small amounts.

If, every time you need money, you withdraw 20.000 baht, about £425, the 150 baht fee is small beer. I have my pension paid into my UK bank and simply use the card 3 times a month to get it all over here, total cost, about £10.

If, every time you need money, you withdraw 20.000 baht, about £425, the 150 baht fee is small beer. I have my pension paid into my UK bank and simply use the card 3 times a month to get it all over here, total cost, about £10.

What card are you using?

If for example its a Nationwide card then you are also paying 2% plus £1 per withdrawal.

Add this to your 150B and you are up over £50 per month in charges.

What card are you using?

If for example its a Nationwide card then you are also paying 2% plus £1 per withdrawal.

Add this to your 150B and you are up over £50 per month in charges.

Hopefully he is using another card, because if it's a Nationwide Current Account Card there is a 2% foreign transaction/commission fee on non-sterling transactions plus a £1 charge per this Nationwide web page: http://www.nationwide.co.uk/current_account/foreigntransactions.htm. And then there is also the 150 baht Thai bank ATM fee. Pretty typical of "most" cards now days, not to imply a person can't do anything about it as there are other cards out there (fewer every day it seems like) that still levy no fee for foreign transaction plus reimburse for ATM fees.

i withdrew over £100k out of nationwide, i keep two accounts with less than £10 in each and have statements posted over here, my way of getting one back. of course they took me into office for a chat, i explained why and as other post said moral is bad, the guy told me cannot even give an envelope out to people taking out a cheque of less than £3k, branch manager said she could not autherise anything over £50 had to go to regional director. they are a complete Joke now,

i withdrew over £100k out of nationwide, i keep two accounts with less than £10 in each and have statements posted over here, my way of getting one back. of course they took me into office for a chat, i explained why and as other post said moral is bad, the guy told me cannot even give an envelope out to people taking out a cheque of less than £3k, branch manager said she could not autherise anything over £50 had to go to regional director. they are a complete Joke now,

Sounds like Nationwide may have switched to the Bank of America business model in the States. The first rule in the BOA business model is: Fees are good, very good. The second rule is: New or higher fees are always welcomed.

• 4 weeks later...

The Nationwide is not as expensive as some have made out.

Halifax is only good for Swift transfers or possibly cash advances using the Clarity card, which are then re-paid fairly promptly by an online transfer from your Reward account. For ATM cards, the best are Norwich and Peterborough or Metro (but for this last one you need to open an account at one of Metro's London branches - not so easy).

I still have my NW cards but the cost is high now. I generally use Halifax Reward to transfer bigger amounts every couple of months to a Thai bank. I think it is worth shopping around because - as others have said - the percentage cost of getting your money out overseas exceeds the annual interest these accounts will pay.

Edited by citizen33