Looking For School For A 12 Year Old Boy With Main Teaching Language English

Mobi

A good friend is moving to Pattaya for maybe two years and he is looking for a school for his 12 year old son.

Regents will probably be beyond his budget but I do believe there are other schools in the region which may be a bit more economical. Does anyone have any experience of St Andrews and I think there is one on the way to Rayong which, I understand, is well thought of.

Any input on schools in and around Pattaya would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Done a bit of research and have come up with the following schools:

St Andrews, Green Valley

Garden International, Rayong

Rayong English Programme School.

If anyone who has any feedback on the above schools or can recommend any other schools, I would appreciate it. PM me if you would rather.Thanks.

St. Andrew's is only marginally cheaper than Regent's so may be out of his budget also but is a good school.

I don't know if Montessori now cover 12 year olds but they have expanded the school to new premises and are considerably cheaper than the others.

REPS is Thai and English teaching.

GIS also has a good reputation and is International.

Assumptian college in Sri Racha is excellant and not that expensive ,our son has been there now for 5 years from 12 to 17 and is soon off to university . cant recomend it high enough. he takes the english program

Thanks for that.

As far as I can see their website is only in Thai. Does that mean that they only take students who can speak Thai? This kid was born in Thailand of a Thai mother and father but is now an Assie citizen and speaks little or no Thai. Do you think they would take him and would it be suitable for him, taking into account his Thai is more or less non-existent.

What exactly is the 'English programme'?

Thanks for any additional info.

Have you also looked at the US curriculum schools or does he only want ENC?

Edit: forget I asked. ISE is just as expensive as Regents.

I don't think the curriculum is very important. Oh I've just seen your edit. Are there are any other US curriculum schools?

Assumptian college in Sri Racha is excellant and not that expensive ,our son has been there now for 5 years from 12 to 17 and is soon off to university . cant recomend it high enough. he takes the english program

Thanks for that.

As far as I can see their website is only in Thai. Does that mean that they only take students who can speak Thai? This kid was born in Thailand of a Thai mother and father but is now an Assie citizen and speaks little or no Thai. Do you think they would take him and would it be suitable for him, taking into account his Thai is more or less non-existent.

What exactly is the 'English programme'?

Thanks for any additional info.

My lad did and does speak english and Thai ,so maybe if your lad speaks no Thai it may be a problem ,last time i looked their website was in english as well ,but on checking there no longer seems to be a translation ,sorry.

Agree, St Andrews is as expensive as Regents

there also is Satit Udomseuksa School in Patts and Garden International School

where is Satit Udomseuksa School please?

Go over the railway tracks behind Greenways Driving Range and turn right and then left and you should see signposts.

It's another Thai school that has an English Programme so not suitable for the OP.

Agree, St Andrews is as expensive as Regents

there also is Satit Udomseuksa School in Patts and Garden International School

where is Satit Udomseuksa School please?

Go over the railway tracks behind Greenways Driving Range and turn right and then left and you should see signposts.

It's another Thai school that has an English Programme so not suitable for the OP.

thank you

i will go and have a look tommorow