I No Longer Have The Required 400K

Because you can apply for a visa one month in advance you might try presenting your story to immigration. They may issue you an exception since you have both a wife and child.

If they can give you an exception great, if not, try the other methods with the time you have left. I base this suggestion on the following:

Notice: This is a translation of the Police order 777/2551 done by Isaan Lawyers (www.isaanlawyers.com). This is not an official translation and it should be used only for information purposes. In case of discrepancy with the Thai version, you should know that the Thai document is the only official one. Red sections are new modifications.

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.

In other necessary circumstances, The Immigration Commissioner or Deputy of Immigration Commissioner may approve on case to case basis.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year."

The comment in the center may provide you with some leeway such as combining savings and income.

Best of luck - the exchange rate is tough on us all so I am sure most sympathize with your situation.

The phrase was put in for couples that before had a combines income of 40.000 baht.

The new police order specifies that it must be the husbands income.

Note that ladies married to Thai men do not have to show any income or savings.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible advice. Do not borrow money from the Indians. That is a horrible idea. They charge you 20000 to park there money i your bank. They'll require your bankbook and your ATM. If your still hurtin for money. Go to KL and get a multi entry "O" until you can sort it out.

I recently had a similar problem. Mine was that due to the exchange rate I no longer had the monthly 40k income.

Immigration worked out my yearly income and found it was short of the 400k that is required in the bank. So all I had to do show was the difference between my monthly income short fall and the required 400k in the bank.

Example, if you can show a monthly income of say 30k per month x 12 that equals 360k so if you have 40k in the bank that gives you the required 400k for the year.

Worked for me :)

(Not sure the matamatics is correct but you get the idea)

If I can proove to have a monthly income of over 40k from my IT business, is it possible to apply for a work permit?

Even though I have no employer..

If I can proove to have a monthly income of over 40k from my IT business, is it possible to apply for a work permit?

Even though I have no employer..

If your income is from abroad you just need to go to your embassy to get a letter confirming your income. The embassy decides what they accept as proof of your income.

RussBKK

To give you some breathing space get a 60day visit thai wife extension from immigration cost 1,900 baht.( form tm.7)

then if you still have money shortages, Kuala Lumper will issue as other posters have said a one year multi entry non immigrant 'o' visa, which will allow 15 months in Thailand with 90 day border runs,

I know its not perfect, but its a solution that will allow you to stay here.

It would seem the thread has been hijacked by people with calculators

the law is the law, but if you leave here several years, why you do not have the right to just stay with your family ?

if the OP does not have the money, he just have to leave the country and his family ?

so many expats in this country and nobody up to form a voice for expats in this country ?

we are not here to steal a) jobs from thais B) ask for unemployment money (unexisting) c) or sociale welfare money (unexisting)

what if you live here on 20k per month, only earn that and can live from it as thais do ?

a thai man who taks a farang wife only needs 10k / month of income

so why this intollerance / injustice again ?

the law is the law, but if you leave here several years, why you do not have the right to just stay with your family ? if the OP does not have the money, he just have to leave the country and his family ?

so many expats in this country and nobody up to form a voice for expats in this country ?

we are not here to steal a) jobs from thais B) ask for unemployment money (unexisting) c) or sociale welfare money (unexisting)

what if you live here on 20k per month, only earn that and can live from it as thais do ?

a thai man who taks a farang wife only needs 10k / month of income

so why this intollerance / injustice again ?

I have asked myself those questions. While I can understand some criteria for issuing a visa I do not see how denying the husband the right to stay will help the family. Who will take care of them?

We manage quite well not as well as when the exchange rate was higher but we manage. Over the years I have invested money in this country by building a house buying a car and using the private hospitals not to mention the daily living expenses amogst other things yet all that counts for nothing if at the time of visa application you can't show the required monies.

If I were to be refused an extension and had to leave the country how would that help anyone?

Yet it seems this showing of monies is not required by a Farang lady married to a local man - now that is something I could get steamed up about :lol: