I Would Like To Get Some Chickens

DavidOxon

The big Sanpatong Saturday morning market.

All sorts of livestock availible there.

Chickens, Roosters, Ducks, Geese, fish, dogs, cats, rabbits, you name it.

If you are are coming from the town, drive through the main Sanpatong High Street.

About 3 kilometres up on the Hang Dong road you will see the market. Can`t miss it, packed with people and stalls each side of the road.

The market is on both sides of the road. Go into the part on the right and walk to the rear of where all the stalls are. You will see all the livestock up for sale in large bamboo containers.

If your Thai language skills are limited take a Thai person with you as this is mainly a Thai affair and doubt if anyone there can speak English.

This market opens about 5.00am and most of the best stalls have packed up and gone by 11.00am. The earller you arrive there the better.

If you are are coming from the town, drive through the main Sanpatong High Street.

About 3 kilometres up on the Hang Dong road you will see the market. Can`t miss it, packed with people and stalls each side of the road.

The market is on both sides of the road. Go into the part on the right and walk to the rear of where all the stalls are. You will see all the livestock up for sale in large bamboo containers.

If your Thai language skills are limited take a Thai person with you as this is mainly a Thai affair and doubt if anyone there can speak English.

This market opens about 5.00am and most of the best stalls have packed up and gone by 11.00am. The earller you arrive there the better.

HI BJ

Tried Sanpatong market on Saturday last, specifically looking foe chooks, got there around 9am...

Plenty of cattle and fighting cocks, but sadly no hens....

Did pick up some cheap veggie seedlings though, 3 pack of about 25 for 25 baht.

Aubergine, tomatoes, chillies some of which seem to have survived!

David

My friend a NZ expat just bought some beautiful Reds, I know he had a hard time finding them. I'm seeing him tonight and another farmer friend who I think just bought chickens or is about to , I'll ask for you. don

HI BJ

Tried Sanpatong market on Saturday last, specifically looking foe chooks, got there around 9am...

Plenty of cattle and fighting cocks, but sadly no hens....

Did pick up some cheap veggie seedlings though, 3 pack of about 25 for 25 baht.

Aubergine, tomatoes, chillies some of which seem to have survived!

David

I supoose with all these sort of places it`s the luck of the draw.

When I was last at that market 3 weeks I saw lots of chickens and geese.

Other then that I dont know There must be someone here who knows, surely?

there seem to be a mild speard of bird flu in japan and china at the moment due to the cold weather .

if it not much of an urgent or some special ritual to have chicken . maybe you should put off the idea leats till late summer or when the season warmer

I have a lot of useless bantam chickens....useless in that they lay 1/2 size eggs and try to sit and hatch immediately,so hard to get them. Anyway they are pure white in color and multiplying like crazy and I could give you a few for free.......just pm me.

I have been looking for real falang type chickens Rhode island reds....idealy a half dozen hens and one rooster but hard to get from feed stores in such small quantaties and if anyone knows of a source, maybe we could go in together and split an order.