Anyone Have A Shophouse That Is Suitable For Living?

Tokay

Looking for a urban loft style, or bare bones open room type of place. Air con on every floor, hot water, and at least one good bathroom. Secure.

Something that could be used for living / artist space.

Anyone have something like that?

shop houses are built 'very thai style '

never seen a shophouse decked out in a western style, IE Kitchen, bathroom ect ect

considering they build shop houses as if the where in demand ' joke ' , it would be nice if one builder did build to a western finish and fir, they maybe someone would actually rent it !

never seen a shophouse decked out in a western style, IE Kitchen, bathroom ect ect

considering they build shop houses as if the where in demand ' joke ' , it would be nice if one builder did build to a western finish and fir, they maybe someone would actually rent it !

i reckon those ones with the garage door at the bottom and 3 floors above would do great for car and deep freezers / washing machines ground floor and then a big western kitchen / diner on the 2nd floor and bathroom

a lounge with separate storage room and computer room on the 3rd and bedrooms / bathroom on the 4th

a security system ok but with a good way of locking the garage door and a good strong rear door should be ok

only thing i think stops people is you would lose big time if you wanted to sell and the thai women around you shouting at each other all the time !!

I've seen a few around town that were made to cater to falang, but they are always rented or only for sale for a ridiculous price. The basic generic shop house / Thai style is not really what I'm looking for, but thought I would ask as there may be someone on here with something like that for rent.

i reckon those ones with the garage door at the bottom and 3 floors above would do great for car and deep freezers / washing machines ground floor and then a big western kitchen / diner on the 2nd floor and bathroom

a lounge with separate storage room and computer room on the 3rd and bedrooms / bathroom on the 4th

a security system ok but with a good way of locking the garage door and a good strong rear door should be ok

only thing i think stops people is you would lose big time if you wanted to sell and the thai women around you shouting at each other all the time !!

Using a shop house as a garage could be a bad idea if some local thinks they have the right to set up a noodle bar on your frontage.:annoyed:

We were in a fairly new shophouse in a good location, but a few points that come to mind were;

• No privacy
  • No where to park
  • Noise
  • Noisy Neighbours
  • Smell from all the Thai kitchens around you
  • Smell from the drains
  • Climbing 3-4 levels just to get something
  • Always worried about who might be breaking in on the ground floor when your sleeping on the top floor
  • Quality of finishing of property
  • Drunken louts at 3am in the morning
  • No matter how much you cleaned the outside, it always seemed dirty
  • No a good environment for the kids
  • Having small kids, worried about them falling done 3 flights of stairs or over a balcony rail.
  • Being a shop environment, door-to-door sellers, it was worse than the UK
  • Price wise, renting, you get a better deal renting a normal house.

I could probably add more, but I am sure this will give you some idea.

Edited by seadoo